Medallion drop rates

Let's talk about... everything else
Maldach

Medallion drop rates

Post#1 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:58 pm

Hi all,
Is there any chance of bumping up the drop rate on medallions?

It's not a problem in T1, but T2 and especially T3 it's too slow. I don't want them to be handed out like candy, but it's just painful. My Zealot sat at 63 medallions for over a week because keep takes during NA time aren't common and you don't get many from kills. He's finally at 69 medallions, but that's from a keep take and I guess I won a roll for one! Dev chest is 75 medallions.....I'll be in T4 by them time I can buy the dang thing.

I know someone will proclaim that they have soldier medallions falling from their aching ass because they play in a mystical time period where medallions drop from squirrel kills, but I'm not seeing it.

Ads
Lileldys

Re: Medallion drop rates

Post#2 » Sun May 01, 2016 12:01 am

Iirc, drop rate is 30%, and boosted when at a BO/Keep. Group that gets killing blow gets to roll on the medallion.

greenstoned

Post#3 » Sun May 01, 2016 2:08 am

if i were u id go dps and solo, then dps spec, that way u dont have to roll against anyone on the drops. if not, u could always use the emblem set, while its dps as a zealot/rp it doesnt matter mush, as long as ur in heal mode u get heal stats
AM - Greendreams
SW - Experiment

Vayra

Post#4 » Sun May 01, 2016 2:15 am

Medallions are not intended to be the primary way of obtaining the gear. Keep takes are supposed to be the primary method.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Dabbart

Post#5 » Sun May 01, 2016 2:25 am

Remember that the T3 costs of items are currently inflated. The cost of them will drop to to 1/3 of their current cost once T4 is released[Note, my dyslexia might be wrong., to be inline with t1 and t2. Currently t3 is Endgame, so they don't want people to get top PvP gear super quickly.

Note, it's possible I have dyslexia and the cost will drop BY 33% and not too 33%... I don't have the time or inclination to search the Forums that far back, but it was brought up by the devs awhile back.

Edit: Also, I think the costs are just fine in all tiers. The characters I haven't PLd had all the gear they needed by the time they had the lvl/RR to equip it other than Dev gear. The key, is to not take all the kill quests possible until you get the gear you need. If you want to gather up the gear before you are out of the tier, then be prepared to slow your gain a little bit. Don't partake in ORvR in tiers you are INF capped.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Bacta
Former Staff

Post#6 » Sun May 01, 2016 7:34 am

Keep Takes and kill quests, sometimes you get that lucky medallion drop in RvR
Bacta AM|Disneys Kotbs| Wiki WP <Foreplay>
Cerebus DoK | Jasselin Chosen <Pillowtalk>