Recent Topics

Ads

Cross faction smack talk in ORvR

Let's talk about... everything else
askeltonnerd

Cross faction smack talk in ORvR

Post#1 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:54 pm

Hi all,

Just want to say firstly THANK YOU for resurrrecting beloved Warhammer, I am having an absolute blast and so happy to be back :D

I am not sure if this topic has been brought up before but as the "subject" suggests, the only tiny negative niggle I have at the moment is the ability for people to be able to /say chat to each other in orvr. All I have seen is it being used for it people insulting each other and mouthing off to the opposite faction and just kids/ child minded folk insulting and harassing the last guy that killed them/ was a struggle to kill etc etc etc, you know what I am getting at. Also, someone trolling their own team telling us where they was heading next -.-'

Has it ever been discussed the possibility of removing this? or is it mainly a tier 1 thing where all the "immatures" hang out and it fades out?

Thank you for reading! :)

Ads
Penril

Re: Cross faction smack talk in ORvR

Post#2 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:58 pm

Report them to a GM, with a SS with possible. Those kind of people get banned pretty quickly (a few hours at first, going up all the way to a perma ban if they keep doing it).

Just don't do it on the forums; there is a policy here against name shaming.

RyanMakara

Post#3 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:41 pm

I remember having this discussion back in T1, people were even in favour of having a general chat that went cross-faction, although they did also note stuff like this happening.

It's a semi-competitive PvP environment; drama and banter are somewhat of a common sight here, be it on the forums or in-game. While serious harassment and flaming is punishable and should be reported, in my opinion this is but a loud minority of potential negative people that ruins the function of cross-realm say chat for the majority of normal players, who use it sensibly.

StormX2
Game Master

Post#4 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:59 pm

my 2 cents. I really enjoy the banter, the trash talking (its USUALLY in good nature between people who actually know eachother). I find that a lot of it is the build in racism of this game against the other races. Example, a Gobbo trash talking a Dwarf. It is expected, but only to a certain extent =)

Now, my persona views are exactly that, just an opinion. But as they mention, report it if you find its going above and beyond the acceptable, and whatever you do, if you report someone, don't yell to them "REPORTED" as it may instigate further issue.

Telen
Suspended

Post#5 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:06 pm

I havent seen much of the trash talking you would get between a gobbo and dwarf. Most of it is neckbeard basement dwelling mind waffle not the sweet oi stunty rp banter we would love to see.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#6 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:31 pm

if someone is using the chat to tell me some bullsh*t my only answer is : "Brazil?"
Somehow that keeps them away most of the time.

lilsabin

Post#7 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:01 pm

semi-competitive

StormX2
Game Master

Post#8 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:02 pm

saupreusse wrote:if someone is using the chat to tell me some bullsh*t my only answer is : "Brazil?"
Somehow that keeps them away most of the time.
SOmetimes i reply with Can haz Gold Plox? HueHueHueHue

Ads
Toldavf

Post#9 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:03 pm

Was it a white lion by any chance? XD
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Sersay

Post#10 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:40 pm

Im just glad i can finally inform people I am attempting to hug them.

I just fail utterly and stab them. But I still love them. <3
Lies and Propaganda
Skavenblight -> Ostermark -> Pheonix Throne -> Badlands
Calamitous Intent, Hand of Destruction, The Lost and the Damned