Recent Topics

Ads

Cross faction smack talk in ORvR

Let's talk about... everything else
nydig

Re: Cross faction smack talk in ORvR

Post#21 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:47 pm

The last tell i got was from someone saying if help hadnt shown up i would have killed him. Most the cross realm talking i get is basically just people saying hi. I dont see any problem with it the way it is since if there is a guy who is talking **** in say chat and it bugs you that much can always ignore.

Another thing to keep in mind is some people do it for the soul reason of getting people to hate them and attack them. Think of it as a real life taunt on tanks lol, they cant force you to attack them but if they put it in your head "omg i hate this guy he must die" it can accomplish that same thing.

Ads
Toldavf

Post#22 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:19 pm

Generally the inter realm chat is kept civil for the most part I think. With the exception of a few players (who where quickly sent back to spawn) most people are polite. I've chatted with the other faction several times testing bugs, offering advice, having a nice chat spec and other stuff. For me it has more positives than negatives as a system.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

goodforyou

Post#23 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:52 pm

Rarely has smack talk ever occurred between factions, atleast as far as I've seen.
Honestly, I've seen more disputes resolved with cross-faction /saying than caused. For instance, a bright wizard was farming boars in a chaos leveling zone, and if he hadn't told me that, I would kill him three more times.
Bloodless and numb, we orbit the sun.

magicthighs
Former Staff

Post#24 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:46 am

I agree that sometimes the chat is beneficial, goodforyou, but believe me when I say it really gets out of hand sometimes.

I really like being able to talk to my adversaries, some of which I know from back on the official servers. and I wouldn't want to lose that ability, but people really need to know there are limits. You won't believe some of the crap I get sent in screenshots.

Toldavf

Post#25 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:11 am

yes we would :P

Dabbart

Post#26 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:51 am

I enjoy the /say. However, when I first returned to RoR, I really didn't like it. The fact that /shout is now faction specific helps alot however, as well as the additional chat channels. It was flat out irritating "early". But it did take a little bit to get used too it. You can filter chat channels, so just turn it off with the rest of the crap you don't want to see.

Trolls will troll. This game has such a low population, not allowing cross faction communication of some sort would be counter productive imo. It is also very helpful in terms of dueling...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Desidus

Post#27 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:04 am

I enjoy telling friends who play both sides to leave me alone. And then laughing with them in vent when I run around pointing at targets and watching them assist train them down.

Malechay

Post#28 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:32 am

As long as no one insults the other...

I like the talk, often roleplaying themed, sometimes funny things.
Would be sad to get that fun banned

Ads
Toldavf

Post#29 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:41 am

Malechay wrote:As long as no one insults the other...

I like the talk, often roleplaying themed, sometimes funny things.
Would be sad to get that fun banned
Insults come with butt hurt. It's water off a ducks back at this point to be honest, its almost humorous how badly some people react to being killed in a pvp game; what's more surprising is the number of them that have slept with my mum :P

Pixie126

Post#30 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:39 am

I still get surprised when a destro responds to a /say. It weirds me out. It can be fun, but I don't think it's uber necessary. I miss the days when you could use /say to mention something for the people in that specific area, not say it to the whole tier, but still not give away to the other side. Ah, the old days. Now, I need to settle down with some popcorn and a soda and watch some lovely public television (or Netfilx), as I am feeling old.
Order only. Just High Elves.
Xramoth-Swordmaster (in live was Ramoth)
Caranath-White Lion (in live was Niniel)
Maldavie-Archmage (Same name in live)