Recent Topics

Ads

Cross faction smack talk in ORvR

Let's talk about... everything else
peterthepan3

Re: Cross faction smack talk in ORvR

Post#11 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:09 pm

i personally think its fun to have a bit of banter and talk smack. i admit i have crossed the line several times, but think on the whole it adds another element to the PvP, e.g. "kill that guy that called me a noob earlier on so I can jump on his corpse!111one".

need to bear in mind, however, that a lot of people won't see it as such and will get offended (understandably in many cases), so keep it within limits.

Ads
magter3001

Post#12 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:14 pm

It's not all smack talk. Sometimes it's friendly talk between sides. I've had my own multiple times playing this game... mostly from friends or frenemies :P

The occasional "get rekt bruh" can be annoying but there are ways to counter that, just kill them and reply the same way when u do :D

Happy hunting ;)
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

Bones

Post#13 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:31 pm

While I am against it, it doesn't bother me too much. Had /tells after RvR that I am a noob or that I did great.
Oh well. :-)
Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add,
but when there is nothing left to take away.

StormX2
Game Master

Post#14 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:42 pm

I know too many people on both sides to be getting butthurt about a win or loss, or the occasional banter.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#15 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:56 pm

StormX2 wrote:I know too many people on both sides to be getting butthurt about a win or loss, or the occasional banter.
It's the internet! the place where ppl get butthurt about their own existence.

StormX2
Game Master

Post#16 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:04 pm

you know what I really didnt like? that addon that says who that person killed, always found it to be super obnoxious

Ainianu

Post#17 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:00 pm

Whilst i do not necessarily think the /tell system is great for cross-faction. I do really enjoy the banter in say, especially when people are roleplaying (and that is actually quite common)
The roleplaying banter adds just so much to the war.

RyanMakara

Post#18 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:22 pm

StormX2 wrote:you know what I really didnt like? that addon that says who that person killed, always found it to be super obnoxious
It comes with the DeathBlow addon, I think 95% of players using it turn that feature off though. It's a popular addon and I don't see that many actually using that part of it ^^

Ads
Belfast

Post#19 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:23 pm

Ainianu wrote:Whilst i do not necessarily think the /tell system is great for cross-faction. I do really enjoy the banter in say, especially when people are roleplaying (and that is actually quite common)
The roleplaying banter adds just so much to the war.
Reminds me of a BW who ran alone against a whole destro WB guarding a battle objective and demanded them to surrender with a /shout.

StormX2
Game Master

Post#20 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:54 pm

RyanMakara wrote:
StormX2 wrote:you know what I really didnt like? that addon that says who that person killed, always found it to be super obnoxious
It comes with the DeathBlow addon, I think 95% of players using it turn that feature off though. It's a popular addon and I don't see that many actually using that part of it ^^
yah I odnt see it at all anymore. when I was playing on order often, there was 1 dude that ran it alllll the time lol got old fast. I would do absolutely everything in my power to never die to that guy lol