Grouping in RvR

Let's talk about... everything else
Pixie126

Re: Grouping in RvR

Post#51 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:54 am

And all that is what made for a lot of suck in Tier 4 live. "I couldn't possibly group up with those people. They don't know what they are doing. They just follow the herd. Only THESE people are good enough to play with...." Blah, blah, blah. Now, do I get frustrated with a warband that's not functioning well? Yes. It's usually due to a lack of communication. Easily solved. People just need to communicate within the warband and within the Tier. I don't blame the warband leaders. Many of them get dropped into it when the original leader goes. No one ever wants lead, because it's like herding cats. If you're persistent, though, even the flightiest of kittens can be organized.
Order only. Just High Elves.
Xramoth-Swordmaster (in live was Ramoth)
Caranath-White Lion (in live was Niniel)
Maldavie-Archmage (Same name in live)

Ads
lilsabin

Post#52 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:13 am

how do u wanna make a party when nobody listen or have no freaking idea of what to do , ever played PRAAG scenario with retarded people...it feels like an eternity

Pixie126

Post#53 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:37 am

When I ended up leading a warband or two (thanks Malvoren), I relied on old fashioned communication. I told the group exactly what we were doing, how we were going to do it, and if you didn't like that, to get out. I also made it clear if you were going to do scenarios, get out. This is a warband that is moving through Caledor to get the the city (as we usually seemed to end up in Caledor for some reason). I treated the warband as if it was full of 12 year olds. My mom was a junior high teacher. I learned from the best.
Order only. Just High Elves.
Xramoth-Swordmaster (in live was Ramoth)
Caranath-White Lion (in live was Niniel)
Maldavie-Archmage (Same name in live)

cronius77

Post#54 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:16 am

roadkillrobin wrote:
cronius77 wrote:When I'm on my dps archmage in the lower tiers soloing I do it because of all the random hate tells you get when your DPSing instead of healing. People are entitled by nature, especially Americans ( I am american also) they think you should play your class the way they want you to play so its best sometimes not to join a warband or random group because they see a healer class and have expectations your supposed to bail them out of over-extending or assist trains. If I feel like healing I'll heal but I shouldnt be required to do so for a bunch of random people outside of my guild and even then my guild has the courtesy to at least tell me they need a healer etc.

Example random witch hunters running up to you telling you Heal or stop dpsing you are not a dps.
So when you see a Slayer in your pug group do expect him to be a tank or dps???
I'm perfectly fine with dps healers but they work horrible in pug groups especially if there's no other healers. If you play a dps healer you need to be flexible and be ready to swap to healing gear. Tanks and dps need to adapt their playstyle and gear if healing output is low. So should you. Game is about teamplay. If you want to play with a group you should do whats best for the group. If you wanna solo don't join groups. (Pug wb's and scenarios are groups)
Hence you just said exactly what I stated , when I run DPS I run solo and not in warbands or groups. The OP asked why people run solo and not in warbands and I stated exactly why I do it when running on my AM. People need to stop worrying about how other people play team game or not. The /tells you get and rude comments because your not catering to someone else you are not even grouped with is epic trust me especially if they die near you.

footpatrol2

Post#55 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:00 am

Gachimuchi wrote:
footpatrol2 wrote:There are classes out there that strip absorbs. Team up with them. Like dps AM/Shamie.
There are multiple problems with this statement.

DPS Shaman/AM do not take the 25% chance to remove a blessing tactic. Why? Because its bad. There are much better things to slot. Even if you do remove a blessing whos to say it won't be a HoT, as opposed to an absorb bubble. Additionally, AM/Shaman's absorb bubbles are enchantments and can't be removed in this way. This is also neglecting to mention the plethora of morale based absorb abilties that you of all people should be aware of.

Even if you were to 'team up' with another class specifically to counter absorb bubbles so you can use your lifetaps at that point why not just get a heal spec healer that isn't useless and be done with it. Also DPS Shaman is not comparable to DPS AM. DPS Shaman is just flat out worse.
So dps AM does single target really well with their dots. Dps shamans do AoE damage really well with da waaagh is coming which is vastly superior to the dps AM's dissipating energies as far as AoE. Dps shamans are more about direct damage where dps AM's are about dots. If you don't value AoE damage then dps shamans probably are not for you. It doesn't make them Worse they just apply their damage differently. If you don't value it cool.

The stripping of blessings tactic is not bad. It's situational.

There are a Ton of classes that apply blessings and not just healers. Know those classes and do a tactic slot switch on the tactic if there are enough classes in the fight/sc to warrant its use, otherwise don't bring that tactic. I spec for tactical flexibility and not to pigeon hole myself into a specific set of tactics. I assume i'm not a unique flower in this case, maybe I am. Removing hots is a good thing. Also know that since the dps shaman is a lot more AoE your getting more out of stripping blessings then the dps AM. But your right it might not remove the absorb.

AM/Shamie bubbles are single target and are not that large if you don't spec into them, so whatever on that.

Ya got me on morale bubbles though.

Players don't value ranged debuff's which in da green/vaul is what I feel they are really good at and provide assisting dps. The Life taps are cute, its not a healing line and shouldn't be thought of as such. Those spec's are hybrid support spec's. Which is fine. Sadly the meta has moved to Super small scale. In that meta there isn't a lot of room anymore in hybrid spec's. In larger scale as how this game was originally advertised as... there was more room. Not saying those spec lines are perfect.

Overall though... I did have a weak argument, I should have been more clear. But then I write a wall of text that noyone reads. Your strongest case is the morale bubbles.

Ramasee

Post#56 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:22 pm

There was an old add on called asshat that allowed you to mark players permanently. Whenever you'd target them it would disable your heals shields etc. This is what I do to solo players. I regularly don't support those who choose to solo.