Crashing constantly in ORvR

Let's talk about... everything else
Gachimuchi

Crashing constantly in ORvR

Post#1 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:35 am

Whenever I'm fighting somewhere its almost a 50/50 spill that I will crash during that fight. I don't know what changed but this makes playing open near impossible for me.
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

Ads
Razid1987

Re: Crashing constantly in ORvR

Post#2 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:29 am

Had severe problems with crashing myself for a long time. Redownloaded the game, the launcher, reinstalled the game, and copied my old User, Interface and Screenshot-folders, from the old RoR folder. Seemed to help. I suspect the crashing might be related to Sildur's Enhanced Graphics, which I used before. Tried to reinstall that, and then the crashing started again. Had to do the whole thing once more to fix it.

megadeath

Post#3 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:36 am

Razid1987 wrote:Sildur's Enhanced Graphics
Is this somehow connected to mass DCs in orvr?
"I came, I saw, I ran away"
- Every order player ever

"My RvR experience improved by 100% after I spent 50 renown points in Improved Flee and Cleansing Wind!"
- Average order player

Camoe

Post#4 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:03 am

I think you guys have issues with CPU Overheat, sometimes happens to me too, but not all the time, had this problem with few games with massive battles like "Planetside2"... I think its CPU, not sure.

Hope this helps at least lil bit.
CamoeTaktiks
Spoiler:

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#5 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:20 am

Im currently logging and hoping that Azarael finds something in those logs.

He thinks its a packet issue

Scrilian

Post#6 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:22 am

I've got 3 ppl in my warband that are constantly crushing, how do I make them record the logs to find the packets?
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#7 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:43 am

look at this thread and make them comment their logs there as well:
https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/4898

DirkDaring

Post#8 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:46 pm

A lot of times i don`t even need to be fighting I can be just in the city, and the game client closes, and i`m kicked to desktop. I then have to open launcher again in etc.

Ads
mursie

Post#9 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:58 pm

DirkDaring wrote:A lot of times i don`t even need to be fighting I can be just in the city, and the game client closes, and i`m kicked to desktop. I then have to open launcher again in etc.
I have a theory on the ORVR crashing.

Background: When creating small six man groups, if a player is in altdorf or IC, either the player or other players in the party will CTD when invited to an existing group. If the player himself is in altdorf or IC and trys to start a group, it also can sometimes create CTD issues. It is definitely connected to being in IC / Altdorf as this is the location that I see the small man group create CTD's. However, it is not all the time, just some of the time.

Ok - with that background, why do oRvR warbands all of a sudden have CTD wipes? Well, for the most part, they are open warbands...which means they have 24 slots. Which means you have 24 opportunities to have a player from altdorf / IC look at your open warband in party manager and hit join. and guess what then happens - CTD. Sadly, open warbands are key to get the mass of pugs organized for rvr...yet I would wager that Kings Own and other large organized guilds probably experience rvr meltdowns far less than the open warbands because theirs are controlled/closed and maybe they have already figured out that adding people to the warband if they are currently in altdorf/IC will lead to mass crashes.

Solution: The first issue that needs to be investigated is why altdorf/IC has this bug attached to it. Again, it is not all the time but it is the location that leads to the CTD's - i have never experienced it in another location. As for rvr... i'd suggest that pug warbands not be open...but broadcasted with a wb lead in the T3 chat. From there..invites are handed out directly by WB leader with the notion that to get an invite you must not be in altdorf / IC

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#10 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:28 pm

mursie wrote:
DirkDaring wrote:A lot of times i don`t even need to be fighting I can be just in the city, and the game client closes, and i`m kicked to desktop. I then have to open launcher again in etc.
I have a theory on the ORVR crashing.

Background: When creating small six man groups, if a player is in altdorf or IC, either the player or other players in the party will CTD when invited to an existing group. If the player himself is in altdorf or IC and trys to start a group, it also can sometimes create CTD issues. It is definitely connected to being in IC / Altdorf as this is the location that I see the small man group create CTD's. However, it is not all the time, just some of the time.

Ok - with that background, why do oRvR warbands all of a sudden have CTD wipes? Well, for the most part, they are open warbands...which means they have 24 slots. Which means you have 24 opportunities to have a player from altdorf / IC look at your open warband in party manager and hit join. and guess what then happens - CTD. Sadly, open warbands are key to get the mass of pugs organized for rvr...yet I would wager that Kings Own and other large organized guilds probably experience rvr meltdowns far less than the open warbands because theirs are controlled/closed and maybe they have already figured out that adding people to the warband if they are currently in altdorf/IC will lead to mass crashes.

Solution: The first issue that needs to be investigated is why altdorf/IC has this bug attached to it. Again, it is not all the time but it is the location that leads to the CTD's - i have never experienced it in another location. As for rvr... i'd suggest that pug warbands not be open...but broadcasted with a wb lead in the T3 chat. From there..invites are handed out directly by WB leader with the notion that to get an invite you must not be in altdorf / IC
interesting theory but most of the times I crash the WB is closed, the WB leader closes it as it reaches 24 players as its a common theory that if someone tries to join a full WB thats still open it will crash...