Recent Topics

Ads

I am not having fun.

Let's talk about... everything else
Shibirian

Re: I am not having fun.

Post#21 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:49 pm

warhammer1995 wrote:Here is 3 Types Guilds 1. Organized Based ORvR .2 Organized Based Scenarios 3. Messing Aruond
4. Hop on over (and login) when you feel like having fun and maybe somethings in the Calendar.
"I am Grace, too. But roll a healer if you need healing..." - Tudik (WP@SC)

"I've heard it reported but do not know how to reproduce." - Azarael

Ads
StormX2
Game Master

Post#22 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:56 pm

spikespiegel84 wrote:Ok.

So what's OP solution for improving the Not Winning of Order?
well I can tell you one thing..

Who's OP now, our solution is to Exterminate the Order!

Komaf

Post#23 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:12 am

chaoscode wrote:Many of you might see this post and think I am complaining. I am over that. Not here to complain. I am here just to make a point to the community. It's not fun anymore. I have been playing here for years. I have done lairs and guilds and played with friends. I have done countless fort offences and defences. I played live for 3 years before I even played here.... It's not fun anymore. I have always played order. I have not seen a fight from the orders side where it was an even fight in months. I started a new character. We had about 10 people. We got rolled by about 30 distro and 4 of the new players were like screw this and logged out. It's not fun. I do not think I have been in a winning fight in a few months from the orders side. I am having more fun doing PQ's because at least we have a chance to win. I have characters in T1 T2 and T3. I see it in all tiers. Orders moral is really low.

Look, I don't know what the answer is but what I do know is something is not working. Many people see it and have given up. Maybe it's the amount of people waiting for T4. Maybe it's the lack of PVE stuff. I don't know. All I know is it's not fun to never win and I don't see a point in playing if it isn't fun.

I am not here it debate if this is an issue. If you try, I will just ignore you. We all know something is wrong and I just wanted to put it out there. I am really tired of the people on the winning side telling the people that post about this trolling the other side. It's making the issue worse. What's going to end up happening is easy mode. Distro will win and get bored. Order will give up and quit caring. Wait, I am pretty sure that's already happened. I guess the question comes to how can we make it fun again.

I understand your frustration and I can see that what you are saying makes sense...to a point (no debate).

That being said, your post kind of creates this idea that there are two separate factions here. While on paper we all see Destruction vs Order, the reality as you must be aware, is that people are playing both sides:

1. Grab BO's on one side, log, rinse repeat the other side
2. Losing side members log, swap to winning side
3. A particular warband leader is actually playing today - see "enemy" log, and join in.

FOURTHLY: AND MY BIGGEST PEAVE that literally can destroy the faction alleged RvR concept of this game (RvR is a Dark Age of Camelot 3 - faction term - I never liked it used here)....is that

A) You can send tells all day long to the other faction
B) You can even friend an "enemy" faction member

Now, if this alleged RvR is a term borrowed from Dark Age of Camelot - and thusly holds some mirrored sense of what that entailed, then let's look at a similar point in the game that started the concept of RvR:

In Dark Age of Camelot - even 15 years later - you cannot:
A) Send tells to the other faction
B) Save them to friends

And uniquely:

C) You CANNOT play another side instantly, on your other account. While a lot of folks quit Dark Age of Camelot when realm timers dipped to an hour or less, you still cannot just spy or get a feel of the night's competition from your enemies and log back into your own account. (granted teamspeak or any other chat program can make it possible to fully "cheat" and spy...but this is not the fault of the game in that particular event).

In Warhammer Reckoning...you don't even need to do that. Just put one person in the T3 warband or such, and send tells at will.

Anyway, I digressed, but the reality here in regards to the OP's post, is that there is no "one side is doing better" event. What is going on is people are playing both sides non-stop. This is X-realming at its finest, which is a shame because that leads to

A) A lack of realm pride
B) Why invest in the community, feeling defensive of your realm (your home team, so to speak) when you can just log the other side? If BG's get rough, or rvr lakes get too tough for one side, just join the other and farm the little guys.

This isn't a three realm mmo - so the whole 3rd faction wild card doesn't even apply. Even if we had that, we'd just have another instant /tell /login realm.

My 2 cents.
Zek - BW
Valiant - KoBS

Gobtar

Post#24 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:16 am

Glorian wrote:3rd Bitterstone Thunderers is no. 1 + being a dwarf yelled at by me. ;)
Nothing angers a self proclaimed power gamer more than being killed by a roleplayer. :)

Why not be both and drink deep the tears of everyone?

Dabbart

Post#25 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:23 am

I PUG almost entirely. I have a few buddies, but by and large I PUG. I do so for a bunch of reasons, not the place to discuss them.

I have been involved in a LOT of AWESOME fights on this server. 3 days ago, in t3 elf, we had an amazing time picking at dessie as they took BOs, wiping them so many times that even with us on AAO, they gave up and sat at their keep for us to attack.

A few days ago I had, literally, a 280k unrested XP siege defense. Ofc, it went on for a long time, but was one hell of a fight. We pushed from posterns, had WHs ganking out the sides and onto healers. Was a bunch of fun.

Every time I have been involved in a damned good fight, you know what was in common? 2 things. A, we had a "vocal" leader. B, WB members listened.

W/o those 2 things you can NOT have an actual battle. What I do? I keep note of the WB leaders that I liked, and keep an eye out for their names. I'll solo follow a few WBs, till I can get into theirs. If I don't see 'em, I'll bounce around until I can find someone who is.

I've tried leading WBs, and was a leader on Live(premades though). But I tend to be a bit of a **** when people ignore/don't follow and that's not the best way to lead PUGs.

TLDR; If you want to play the PUG style, that doesn't preclude you from needing to play smart. Offer some advice, hell try leading a WB yourself. "Be the change you want to see in others" and all that hippy crap...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Gachimuchi

Post#26 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:53 am

chaoscode wrote:I have not seen a fight from the orders side where it was an even fight in months. I started a new character. We had about 10 people. We got rolled by about 30 distro and 4 of the new players were like screw this and logged out. It's not fun. I do not think I have been in a winning fight in a few months from the orders side. I am having more fun doing PQ's because at least we have a chance to win. I have characters in T1 T2 and T3. I see it in all tiers. Orders moral is really low.
You're clearly not very observant because this is blatantly obvious to at least some people who play this game. THIS HAPPENS TO BOTH SIDES. There has been thread after thread made and constant in game whining about how their side never wins.

"Waaah, [Order/Destruction] are always zerging, we never win! [Order/Destruction] bias! [Order/Destruction] is always so stupid and unorganized, WAAAAAH!"

I'm sick of seeing stuff like this. Suck it up or fix the temporary problem. /rant

Try running 6-man groups in scenarios vs other groups. Or try defending a keep vs a zerg with a 6-man. You can get creative with how to kill people.
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

Obeed

Post#27 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:30 am

What time zones are you playing in? I try to mix up what times I log on as I find the power balance can ebb and trough between Destro and Order over different time periods. I also noticed you said you have always played order... (Please forgive me Lesti) ..Try the other side for something different.. as the old saying goes, a change is as good as a holiday.
Nothing is as sure as the glitter of gold and the treachery of Elves!

Azagthoth

Post#28 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:55 am

Komaf wrote:
chaoscode wrote:Many of you might see this post and think I am complaining. I am over that. Not here to complain. I am here just to make a point to the community. It's not fun anymore. I have been playing here for years. I have done lairs and guilds and played with friends. I have done countless fort offences and defences. I played live for 3 years before I even played here.... It's not fun anymore. I have always played order. I have not seen a fight from the orders side where it was an even fight in months. I started a new character. We had about 10 people. We got rolled by about 30 distro and 4 of the new players were like screw this and logged out. It's not fun. I do not think I have been in a winning fight in a few months from the orders side. I am having more fun doing PQ's because at least we have a chance to win. I have characters in T1 T2 and T3. I see it in all tiers. Orders moral is really low.

Look, I don't know what the answer is but what I do know is something is not working. Many people see it and have given up. Maybe it's the amount of people waiting for T4. Maybe it's the lack of PVE stuff. I don't know. All I know is it's not fun to never win and I don't see a point in playing if it isn't fun.

I am not here it debate if this is an issue. If you try, I will just ignore you. We all know something is wrong and I just wanted to put it out there. I am really tired of the people on the winning side telling the people that post about this trolling the other side. It's making the issue worse. What's going to end up happening is easy mode. Distro will win and get bored. Order will give up and quit caring. Wait, I am pretty sure that's already happened. I guess the question comes to how can we make it fun again.

I understand your frustration and I can see that what you are saying makes sense...to a point (no debate).

That being said, your post kind of creates this idea that there are two separate factions here. While on paper we all see Destruction vs Order, the reality as you must be aware, is that people are playing both sides:

1. Grab BO's on one side, log, rinse repeat the other side
2. Losing side members log, swap to winning side
3. A particular warband leader is actually playing today - see "enemy" log, and join in.

FOURTHLY: AND MY BIGGEST PEAVE that literally can destroy the faction alleged RvR concept of this game (RvR is a Dark Age of Camelot 3 - faction term - I never liked it used here)....is that

A) You can send tells all day long to the other faction
B) You can even friend an "enemy" faction member

Now, if this alleged RvR is a term borrowed from Dark Age of Camelot - and thusly holds some mirrored sense of what that entailed, then let's look at a similar point in the game that started the concept of RvR:

In Dark Age of Camelot - even 15 years later - you cannot:
A) Send tells to the other faction
B) Save them to friends

And uniquely:

C) You CANNOT play another side instantly, on your other account. While a lot of folks quit Dark Age of Camelot when realm timers dipped to an hour or less, you still cannot just spy or get a feel of the night's competition from your enemies and log back into your own account. (granted teamspeak or any other chat program can make it possible to fully "cheat" and spy...but this is not the fault of the game in that particular event).

In Warhammer Reckoning...you don't even need to do that. Just put one person in the T3 warband or such, and send tells at will.

Anyway, I digressed, but the reality here in regards to the OP's post, is that there is no "one side is doing better" event. What is going on is people are playing both sides non-stop. This is X-realming at its finest, which is a shame because that leads to

A) A lack of realm pride
B) Why invest in the community, feeling defensive of your realm (your home team, so to speak) when you can just log the other side? If BG's get rough, or rvr lakes get too tough for one side, just join the other and farm the little guys.

This isn't a three realm mmo - so the whole 3rd faction wild card doesn't even apply. Even if we had that, we'd just have another instant /tell /login realm.

My 2 cents.
This 100% is the problem.

Ads
Mez

Post#29 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:18 am

Im the biggest daoc fanboy as well, but it's completely different RvR. Daoc frontiers are huge, where spying and info on the enemy is a big deal. Especially since your realm had relics to lose. Things like numbers and scouts relaying presence of strong groups helped your realm leaders make decisions to call a Call To Arms or not, and how to best defend.

Like, none of that exists in WAR. This stupid game (which i love) has tiny lakes built to keep people in a constant conflict. The mechanics, the 3 second rezzes, the morale 4 AOE insta rezzes, everything is built for a lengthy struggle. There's no secret about where the fighting is, and where you should be. That is by design. I'm just poking holes in the comparison cause differences exist.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

megadeath

Post#30 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:05 am

I am not having fun.
Well invest your time in to community. Run premades, start a guild.
"I came, I saw, I ran away"
- Every order player ever

"My RvR experience improved by 100% after I spent 50 renown points in Improved Flee and Cleansing Wind!"
- Average order player