Recent Topics

Ads

Need to bring duels back :)

Let's talk about... everything else
Dirtyz

Need to bring duels back :)

Post#1 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:21 am

Harro, all. Just wanted to get suggestions from the forums here about increasing 1v1 gameplay. Would a weekly hosted duel event be appealing to everyone? Two duel events, one for non-competitive and the other for competition which would lead to a tournament style duel event? With the tournament, what prizes would be worth while: purple talis, pot stacks, purple gear, etc? How should it be organized: a wb full of competitors, kicking each player who have lost but also giving them a participation reward? I'm more concerned about getting people to compete, showing off their "mehd skeels" lol and also good competitive fun. I sure do miss 1v1s though. Just trying to make it popular.

Note: I am destro-biased. so if duelling events occur for both factions, someone on order side must take responsibility for prizes and such ^.^ And for RvR duels, i think it should stay as competitive fun. Only tournaments on the same faction (e.g. destro vs destro)

Let meh know! :)
Spoiler:
Dirtyzcurse Chosen - Ahznik BO - Zengis BG

Ads
lilsabin

Re: Need to bring duels back :)

Post#2 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:30 am

there is no such thing as 1 vs 1 in this game , the system was made to zerg :D

Loans

Post#3 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:46 am

City siege > eataine > duel

maybe with Mr. Twohander will be better :D

Glorian

Post#4 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:34 am

See the Event section. There was a Duell Event. But I didn't know how it turned out.

So don't wait till something from the devs is started.
Grab yourself some friends. Make a thread in the Event section telling place, date, time and timezone. And don't forget to give it a fancy name like:"Fightclub ". :)

And promote it ingame in Channel 5.

This is how I started the dwarf gunline Event.
Also good would be if you have a regular time and place for the fights. Is good for tv series and for events.

PS.: don't expect more than four people on first Event. It will increase over Time. ;)

peterthepan3

Post#5 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:03 am

Up for it. But some suggestions:
* no dps am/sham;
* no rr abilities like CW/RD. If we're dueling then they shouldn't be allowed, as we did it on Norn.

Satoq

Post#6 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:00 pm

Cool beans, sounds good.

Glorian

Post#7 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:11 pm

Check in Event section the thread of the duel event. I think rules which were similiar to Karak Norn rules are listed there.

Jaycub

Post#8 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:51 pm

Once T4 hits I am sure the CW events could resume easily. When I was playing on IR there was one or two days a week during primetime when everyone would get into a TS and ~20 or so people would be at the last PQ in CW dueling.

Maybe one day could be NA prime the other EU prime.

No need to set rules, if you don't want to duel DPS AM then don't, if you don't want to use pots or certain cheesy mechanics like cleansing wind then just say so before you fight whoever.

If I remember it was mostly tanks fighting tanks tho :^) 90% chosens, and a few MDPS or DPS dok/WP sprinkled here and there.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
Shibirian

Post#9 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:52 pm

Where's the point in duels?

I mean it's probably fun to have 1vs1 mini-map SC duels. You list and then see whom you can challenge on 1vs1. (Now that I think of it this could be kind of interesting.)

But that won't work with ppl from your own faction, because nothing is mirrored here, so it's kind of pointless to see how well SW fares against WP or DOK vs. BO.
"I am Grace, too. But roll a healer if you need healing..." - Tudik (WP@SC)

"I've heard it reported but do not know how to reproduce." - Azarael

peterthepan3

Post#10 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:00 pm

The point is that they're fun, reflective of individual skill and a different type of PvP?

My dps am comment pertains to t3. T4 brings balance to some degree.

Anyone serious about dueling never relied on cw/rd so i hope the same would apply here.