Recent Topics

Ads

Melee WP vs Melee DoK Discussion (BE NICE)

Let's talk about... everything else
freshour
Banned

Melee WP vs Melee DoK Discussion (BE NICE)

Post#1 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:08 am

This is a topic for WP and DoK's who play Melee specs (not on live when you had stupid armor sets that were broken) and want these classes to both be good in melee and not just have DoK absolutely outshine WP in every single way. Knowing this..... Please read on. And yes, DoK's should get AOE Detaunt.

So I have spent the majority of my time on this server playing a Warrior Priest. I have done all three specs, and every cross spec you can imagine. I have full dev, two duelist sets with dif talis, boundless wep, and alllll the jewelry I could ever ask for FABULOUSSSSSSS. But in regards to melee. I felt like I really had to go above and beyond to not burden my group. I needed to make sure to have a solid melee presence in order to even think about contributing significantly to the heals. Damage on Grace .... be real, it isn't amazing and unless you are fighting a super squish, just stick to hitting pets and tanks to proc your sigmars. The healing CAN be very good, I will give it that. But the skill cap to have a great game as Grace is actually pretty high. Despite all DoK's thinking AOE detaunt being a 5k damage per second dot that drains all morale and ultimately makes every enemy suck on their thumb in the fetal position.... well.... it doesn't.

Now I finally got my DoK to level 35, I think it is like 31 or 32 RR. Duelist set, check, still trying to get my crit helm, but I have one boundless wep, the rest is pretty good. 20 str+ stat gems. Not even close to "high end" gear of my WP and I will say this as honest as I can. My Melee DoK absolutely SH**'s on my WP lol. It does close to 2x (maybe more) the dps, and out heals it even w/out running Empowered Transfer... If I go Torture, sure it is actually less DPS than Sac spec, but the heal debuff in my opinion is the best in the entire game. Currently I have a 22 or 23% crit chance + the base crit depending on initiative and RR, but I can heal debuff anyone... like all the time. The decreased damage doesn't even matter because I just throw a heal debuff on anything and if your team is even half-afk assisting at the most - the target will die no matter who is healing it unless it is a best in slot KoTBS who had another tank swap guard while he is focused healed... he will die.

- Consensus -

Melee DoK far surpasses melee WP in every single possible category. Like Sigmar's Shield .... someone look at that and compare it to Devour Essence and tell me how that is even close.. Grace has a great prayer. Now only if it did that much damage also it would be a really great prayer. If you look at every ability along the way... DoK's absolutely crush a WP when it comes to melee. They do double the damage and a Sacrifice can outheal a Grace in his sleep (with little/no effort).

BUT - DoK's do not get AOE detaunt. I say this to you... GIVE DoK's AOE Detaunt. They use devour essence and essence lash for healing/damage in close quarters - so they will detaunt the casters and realize that it really isn't as amazing as they thought lol. But maybe then will the Grace WP's and Wrath WP's finally get some freaking love lol.

I love my WP. I think it is the coolest thing in this entire game to have a chick wield a huge freaking hammer and beat the living daylights out of people. Also the idea of a melee healer always seemed really cool to me. It isn't a sissy who sits back and heals, it gets up in the action and is rewarded for the high risk. Warrior Priest will be WAY better in T4 especially since Grace/Wrath combos will be better, and we can dump the heal prayer and get some decent Damage out of the DPS prayer for sure. But unless something changes.... we will never come close to what a DoK can do.

If anyone thinks differently, I would like evidence as to why. If you are going to talk about live, and armor sets that will never be released, this is not the thread for you. I suggest that DoK's get AOE detaunt. And then their endless complaints about a WP having ONE THING that is better than them for melee will stop. And finalllllllly, with T4 around the corner people can give ideas for how to buff the Grace/Wrath spec.

Personally, I think Runepriest has the mirror to the DoK heal debuff. BUT until T4 gets here, DPS runie sucks (I made one, it's not good now until T4) - And since that spec is so random and under played, not to say the Torture spec DoK isn't either - but in T4 that heal debuff will be EVERYWHERE. And if people don't realize how good that is, well then I'm sorry. IF a Sac DoK does 200k damage... and 300k heals... And a Tort spec does 100k and 20k heals... IT doesn't matter. The torture spec DoK is still better. He made it take 50% more healing to heal the target back up lol. hell you can even get some AOE DPS and you bet your rear a healer is going to have a hard time cleansing and healing all of that incoming damage.

SO WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE

- 1 - what can be done to Grace/Wrath to even this out? Should the Grace Heal Debuff be a 10 second CD and an AOE heal debuff? While the DoK's get AOE detaunt as well? Seems like a semi fair trade granted even at 10 seconds... it still isn't even close lol.

- 2- Base damage on WP's encounters increased 10-30%? while DoK's still get AOE detaunt in return so they don't lose their minds at the fact that they will only be 30-40% better than a melee WP lol.

- 3 - Do absolutely nothing - on the simple fact that you heard a WP can outheal a DoK by a buddy who know a guy... when in reality their healing is nearly identical, and most of top healing DoK's would say sure... the WP can heal a little better.. But if any of them said "They are soooo much better" - well I am afraid they are an idiot lol. But b/c of this... and b/c WP get AOE Detaunt... And b/c melee DoK's want to go Sac and not Tort b/c it has big over heal numbers and fluff DPS charts... We will never see these melee classes truly SHINE as both being VIABLE all b/c DoK's bitch about AOE Detaunt... and WP bitch about their heal debuff and how their prayers are literally twice as good as WP (when talking about melee)

- So.... what needs to happen? I want a goooooooooood discussion. Keep in mind I have integrated bits into this thread to raise certain emotions in people who feel a certain way about each class as to raise "interest" in replying and contributing. Yes... I do that.

Ads
ThePollie
Banned

Re: Melee WP vs Melee DoK Discussion (BE NICE)

Post#2 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:09 am

Here we go again.

freshour
Banned

Post#3 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:16 am

Well now I've played them both and have a much better understanding of the power difference of them :) so all the idiots will suffer from knowledge now :)

magicthighs
Former Staff

Post#4 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:16 am

Locking this until the balance forums are in place.