Ads

Gauging interest in a potential 6v6 Ladder

Let's talk about... everything else
peterthepan3

Gauging interest in a potential 6v6 Ladder

Post#1 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:43 pm

WIP
http://WWW.ELITEWAR.CO.UK

A few friends and I are interested in setting up a 6V6 ladder system, which would be orchestrated and run by the 6v6 community itself : we aim to have a fully functional website (got a professional web designer onboard, should there be enough interest, as well as a coder - for whatever purpose!) that will have a 'league' of sorts, guild bios, forums for arranging 6v6s, scheduled fights and their locations so people can come and spectate/record so as to increase awareness. We hope to have as many teams getting involved as possible.

It may be a bit premature given we are still in T3, but with T4 on the horizon I thought it would be an opportune moment to get the feelers out.

I shall refrain from posting any such material here as it is my belief: a) it is not wanted; b) most people just aren't interested in 6V6 - which is totally fine. What also prompted me to give this idea some contemplation was Bretin's remark that he is not sure whether or not RoR is the game for his guild; I want to bring some exuberance and adrenaline into the 6v6 scene, and would sincerely appreciate any help people could offer in actualising this.

At this stage, I am merely seeking to find out what guilds would be interested in this (both Order and Destruction). If people could voice their interest either here or ingame, it would help me ascertain whether or not setting up something akin to WoWs 2s/3s ladder would be worthwhile. The exact details and logistics of doing so are not so transparent at this stage, but it is an obstacle that can be overcome.

Please no flaming. This is merely a means of me gauging interest (or lack, thereof) in such a cause. If the devs would have me post somewhere else/don't agree with this, then I apologise in advance.

Cheers!

If interested, please post a comment with:
* Your guild name;
* Order or Destruction;
* Timezone;
* Guild leader's name/contact details

Teams thus far:
Whos OP Now - NA - Philcolins
Fusion** - EU - Kekekekekeke/Sek
DDoW - NA - Uncleanbus
The Damned* - NA - Xaun/Penril

(*Also: Learn to Play)
(**Also: FusionII)
Old School - NA - Rayray
Try the Backdoor - Nohomoz
CCM - EU - Kolkuth
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:13 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Ads
Gerv
Banned

Re: Gauging interest in a potential 6v6 Ladder

Post#2 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:20 pm

"Old School" would be interested.

Order
Time zone: NA Central
GM/contact: Rayray (me)
Last edited by Gerv on Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

TenTonHammer

Post#3 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:23 pm

so what exact purpose would this ladder thing to basically

rank all the premades from "best to worst"?

peterthepan3

Post#4 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:25 pm

Think of it like La Liga football in Spain: have a set number of teams committed to taking part, organise fixtures so that each team is having at least one match every week/two weeks, and have a league table. Nothing malicious about it; just want people to have fun and have some 6v6 on the side, away from standard RVR hence why I would make a separate website for it so nobody is offended/trolling and everybody is happy.

@Gerv
Awesome man! Are you guys NA/EU? Order or Destruction? Can I also have details of guild leader, should I need to get in touch with them. Thanks!

zabis

Post#5 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:25 pm

Don't let Old School in, they're too good ;)
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

incredible

Post#6 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:34 pm

zabis wrote:Don't let Old School in, they're too good ;)
probably the best guild on the server.

Glorian

Post#7 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:45 pm

incredible wrote:
Thats why to have a league.
To determine that "propably". ;)

If I could make a suggestion. Try something like an open ladder without fixtures. Or you will have problems with dropouts.
Maybe something like the elo chess ranking or the Bloodbowl NAF ranking.
Last edited by Glorian on Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

incredible

Post#8 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:48 pm

Glorian wrote:
incredible wrote:
Thats why to have a league.
To determine that "propably". ;)
probably

Ads
boog

Post#9 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:52 pm

I am interested but my guild is essentially just me and my wife and our alliance is fairly small as well.

Do you think you could put in like a "Draft" system where people who haven't found a 6 man could post their toons name/ stats/ link to armory to either help form their own team or be recruited by others?

My play time is fairly random so finding a 6 man is hard. But if this stuff is set to schedule it would make things SO much easier to pencil it in. Great thinking :mrgreen:
CHSN Wafulz | KBOB Wafuls | IB Waffulz | BG Waffelz | BO Waaaghfulz | SM Waffels

Kolkuth

Post#10 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:02 pm

CCM is up, on main order team, EU and I'm the contact.
CCM : Kolkuuth - Kolkutzz
CCM II : Kolkuth

"Cuir Cuir Moustache" - 6man PvP FR guild
ORvR fights vids