Recent Topics

Ads

Gauging interest in a potential 6v6 Ladder

Let's talk about... everything else
TINYRICK

Re: Gauging interest in a potential 6v6 Ladder

Post#31 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:42 am

If anything, this will bring cohesion and a sense of community to the 6v6 teams. Eventually we may even get to the point of setting up fights in IRC like the good ol days.
Purify - Zealot <Fusion>
Cleanse - DoK <Fusion>
Lifeline - WP <DoE>
DAoC: Stevie/Desua

Ads
warhammer69

Post#32 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:20 am

We would love to get in on this.

Guild : Who's OP now / Destro
Timezone : NA
Guild Leader : Philcolins
Philcolins - blackguard
Babool - zealot
Bcsaoe - sorc
Bcsfinest - magus
Luciie - witch elf
Samlosco - white lion
Barblahey - warrior priest
Philcolinz - swordmaster

Guild leader of Who's OP now

Toldavf

Post#33 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:26 am

How about a new tittle?
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#34 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:45 am

incredible wrote:
zabis wrote:Don't let Old School in, they're too good ;)
probably the best guild on the server.
Those guys need dem meds ASAP.
]

szejoza

Post#35 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:26 am

As a guildless whimpy slayer I say big plus for the idea and I support it but without any rewards (you would be getting regular items/medalions/renown/exp anyways.
Spoiler:

peterthepan3

Post#36 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:22 pm

Rewards are not on the agenda, hence why I want to get as many teams involved as possible and organise it away from the forums/persons with a particular bias.

peterthepan3

Post#37 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:29 pm

Dabbart wrote: A few questions;

1, Other than finding a dead zone in an ORvR lake somewhere and having at it, or getting lucky on SC queues, how are you planning on having organized battles happen? If 2 groups want to fight, they just hope they are the only ones queuing for CW?

2, what type of "win" parameters are you thinking? best of 3/5/whatever system? a single elimination, round robin, or point based tourny? [Points assigned based on how they won(ie speed, efficiency, etc)]

Anything that adds incentive towards a player being more active on RoR is a good thing. +1 to this, and I hope you do well. I will look forward to watching the battles.
1. Caledor Woods won't be used for the 6v6 (probably), as it: a) has a time limit (some battles go on for ages); b) has a flag mechanic that one team may use. I was thinking about location yesterday, and there are quite a few locations (PVE and RVR zones) that could play host to such an event. In regards to T4, I'll have to revisit these places to see if my memory serves me well. I'm open for suggestions, too!

2. Probably first to 3 for the preliminary matches, and a BO5 for the finals. Again - open to suggestions/feedback as this is just a rough idea. I am thinking to do a points system, e.g. 1 point for a win, 0 for a loss (you can't really draw!) while taking note of any 'goal difference' (how many wins the losing side got, if any) to separate teams that are tied for points.
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

szejoza

Post#38 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:41 pm

Cheers for that! It's always nice to see who is the best, an in-game ladder would be fun too but I guess it would be ultra-low-priority thing to do :D

And about questions:
1. Ladder queue for sc (if devs support the idea;) ) or creation of something like skaven even levels (accesible throught portals or smth).Finding a spot might be troublesome as people will learn about the place and will try to interrupt it somehow and can't think of any place that could work for longer period of time.
2. I'd take into consideration Win/Lose+dmg done/time elapsed+kills but still would have to think about proper formula. Well, food for thought!
Spoiler:

Ads
boog

Post#39 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:54 pm

I am 110% against any rewards/special items/ anything on done giving people who do 6 mans special privilege or access to anything players who can not or choose not to do 6 mans. Just no. You are just 6 people in a group fighting another 6 person group, you don't deserve special treatment. And don't make a buy in for gold or RL money or any form of currency.

Don't ask the devs to make special things, or give special privilege to scenario queues, or other stuff that gives 6 mans access to things others don't. Just make a 6 man schedule and let people fight. Doesn't need to be made more complicated than that.
CHSN Wafulz | KBOB Wafuls | IB Waffulz | BG Waffelz | BO Waaaghfulz | SM Waffels

Keyser

Post#40 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:55 pm

szejoza wrote: And about questions:
1. Ladder queue for sc (if devs support the idea;) ) or creation of something like skaven even levels (accesible throught portals or smth).Finding a spot might be troublesome as people will learn about the place and will try to interrupt it somehow and can't think of any place that could work for longer period of time.
On Karak-Norn people were actually very cool around such events. There used to be a couple of observers. In case some idiot did some bullshit (attacked, silenced, etc.), the other spectators took care of him. I dont think that people will make much trouble.

Btw the end of Stonewatch & CW in T4 are good places for such kind of events.
Kesr