Recent Topics

Ads

This has to stop once and for all

Let's talk about... everything else
gobbito

This has to stop once and for all

Post#1 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:53 pm

I love this game I really do.

Devs are doing a superb job, very apreciated.

And I love pvp and rvr, but can´t stand the use of cheaters programs like nerfed buttons.

This morning I had some pretty decent 1v1s in ostland with my slayer (r20).

I have 2 pieces of obliterator and a purple jewel and a belt on me. 2 potions of armour and strgnht.

Almost 600 strenght and with the tactic and talismans a very large amount of ws.

I fought a witch level 18 and killed her, later another with level 16 (i died first and later she due to bleeds) and another bg level 19 ( I won also)

Those 3 were solo fights.

The action went to elf territory and to my surprise I was DELETED in 4-5 secs by two we one level 14 and another level 16.

I checked and both didn´t use potions or had any buffs on them.

And I detected one even before the attack.

It was so fustrating.

Listen people I dont consider myself a pro or something. There are LOTS of many players better than me in pvp I am not whinning. One needs to learn to accept defeat.

I was shocked and at first though something was wrong with buffs and stats.

But later I remember nerf buttons....

I think is the only explanation. I remember in vanilla many we and wh use that cheat. Seems here aswell.

Maybe I am wrong but I sincerely think it was some kind of cheat, maybe more people have experienced this and agree with me.

I am not newbie and know how classes and tactics and buffs, morales etc.. work so it is clear to me

Please mature answers.

TY

Ads
Lileldys

Re: This has to stop once and for all

Post#2 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:01 pm

Two WE's will delete anyone in 5seconds in a 2v1 instance. If you get hit with 2x Vehement Blades and you attack back you're dead.
Has nothing to do with NB.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#3 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:01 pm

even if it makes no sense, I experienced WE and WH that use nerfed buttons have by far the higher dmg output, compared to one that doesnt use it. especially the first few attacks hit like a bomb. (and somehow I feel that nerfed buttons makes it easier for them to get out their attacks from behind? Its like they always attack from behind even when you are looking dem in their faces. must be some kind of facestabbin :? )maybe there is some kind of exploit with we/wh abilites and nerfed buttons. maybe its a bug. maybe I'm just making things up... but im pretty sure that I have experienced this "behaviour" that you've mentioned above, before.

Edit: how do you know it has nothing to do with NB? If so many players experience odd happenings with NB, how can you be so sure that there is everything fine and totally legal? - Just thinking out loud.
I can't explain it either, but my stomach tells me that there is somthing in the wind.
Last edited by saupreusse on Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sn3jk

Post#4 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:03 pm

The only thing Nerfed Buttons do is make the player use the most appropriate attack in any given situation, which anyone with half a brain can do on a lvl 16 WE.

It could be a number of things that made them win over you, maybe it is as simple as the people you fought before where awful. That two WE win over one slayer isn't that surprising, even if the slayer is higher level.
Bacongrease - Squig Herder
Bloodynine - Chosen
Oldest - Shaman

Penril

Post#5 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:04 pm

I won several fights. Everything is fine.

I lost one fight. They must be cheating!!!!!!11111

saupreusse
Developer

Post#6 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:09 pm

Penril wrote:I won several fights. Everything is fine.

I think he is not complaining about that he lost, but more about HOW he lost.
Ofc WE do good dmg - and thats what they are supposed to do - but there is a difference between good dmg and this insane dmg output hes talking about. It sometimes feels like they are doing several attacks in one second. ( by simply pressing one button)

sn3jk

Post#7 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:11 pm

saupreusse wrote:even if it makes no sense, I experienced WE and WH that use nerfed buttons have by far the higher dmg output, compared to one that doesnt use it. especially the first few attacks hit like a bomb. (and somehow I feel that nerfed buttons makes it easier for them to get out their attacks from behind? Its like they always attack from behind even when you are looking dem in their faces. must be some kind of facestabbin :? )maybe there is some kind of exploit with we/wh abilites and nerfed buttons. maybe its a bug. maybe I'm just making things up... but im pretty sure that I have experienced this "behaviour" that you've mentioned above, before.
That is most likely due to serverlag, it goes the other way around too. On my slayer there are many times where I can't use backstab even though I'm clearly behind the target.
I have a hard time seeing how nerfed button would ever give a good player an advantage over not using it. There are only a few abilities that benefit greatly from it, most abilities are better used without NB since it requires active thinking on the players part(should i detaunt? should i KD? should i use a pot? should i use cleansing wind? etc etc).
NB doesn't make a player good, even if it can make an awful players decent. That should however not be a problem if you yourself is a better player.
Bacongrease - Squig Herder
Bloodynine - Chosen
Oldest - Shaman

Sigimund

Post#8 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:11 pm

What would nerf buttons have done in this situation that caused them to win? They didn't use potions. Usually, potting under pressure is what tips you off that they might be using this addon.

Edit: There is also no addon that will bypass the global cooldown.
Last edited by Sigimund on Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Penril

Post#9 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:12 pm

saupreusse wrote:

I think he is not complaining about that he lost, but more about HOW he lost.
Ofc WE do good dmg - and thats what they are supposed to do - but there is a difference between good dmg and this insane dmg output hes talking about. It sometimes feels like they are doing several attacks in one second. ( by simply pressing one button)
gobbito wrote:
But later I remember nerf buttons....

I think is the only explanation. I remember in vanilla many we and wh use that cheat. Seems here aswell.

Maybe I am wrong but I sincerely think it was some kind of cheat, maybe more people have experienced this and agree with me.

TY

I think it is pretty clear he is accusing them of cheating.

gobbito

Post#10 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:13 pm

Did you even read my post??

As I said I am an experianced player. Started to play back in oct 2008. Had 5 40´s and many many toons, both on destro and order.

I known how a WE hits. I had one myself.

Guess some hit harder than others uh?

I cant tell if a player is using nb right but that doesnt mean there is something fishy going on.

I forgot to say one of the we in ostland was level 24.

Just do the maths because if there is no cheat whatsoever something is not working as intended.