Warrior Priest as Dps

Let's talk about... everything else
Extol

Re: Warrior Priest as Dps

Post#21 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:36 am

blah blah blah blah
so what are we saying here?
Make it easy for a low brow like me....
Is the DoK very viable as a DPS class and the Warrior Priest not?

Ads
freshour
Banned

Post#22 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:46 am

yes

roadkillrobin

Post#23 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:26 am

I dissagree.
If you pug the dps WP is very mediocre and a bit lackluster. With the right group comp it's really good.
SM speccing for ressistance debuff and assisting you properly will increase your dmg ALOT.
This is how it is playing alot of destro specs btw. Without complimentary support they are worse then order mirror. But with the right group comp they actually gets ahead.

Sahngar

Post#24 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:05 am

The problem is if "the right group" runs into another, similarly skilled and geared, group who goes for the conventional setup. Pre-mades will almost always own pugs through superior communication and knowledge of playstyles.

The generic group isn't built around compensating for weaknesses, they're all aiming to play to strengths.

Extol

Post#25 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:21 am

The last thing I need are people getting pissed at me for playing a DPS DoK.

Luth

Post#26 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:35 am

roadkillrobin wrote: SM speccing for ressistance debuff and assisting you properly will increase your dmg ALOT.
The WP DPS and general heal output profits far more from an armor debuff on the target; i suggest assisting an IB, WL or SW (more for the spamable healdebuff than for the armor debuff).

roadkillrobin

Post#27 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:05 pm

Luth wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote: SM speccing for ressistance debuff and assisting you properly will increase your dmg ALOT.
The WP DPS and general heal output profits far more from an armor debuff on the target; i suggest assisting an IB, WL or SW (more for the spamable healdebuff than for the armor debuff).
I actually just did the math on this. and SM double spirit debuff is actually the highest dps increase. It's even higher then a IB armordebuff with 100 Grudges and full Mastery or WL with the full Mastery. This is ofc asuming that the addons DPS meter and Enemy's target defence work properly. Tests were made aginst 50% Armor mitigration after 25% Armor pen. and 35% Spirit ressist Reduction with 0 Mastery points.

I also used the AA Haste increase tactic wich was a mistake tbh. The Spirit dmg output would be even higher if I didn't slot it coz it does extremly little to boost the spirit dmg (only proc from Prayer of R) And give a massive boost to Physical dmg.

What supriced me the moast when doin these tests was that the 3d moast dmg source was Prayer of Rightousness

Here are the tactics that increased dps the moast in order btw.
Divine Fury, Hasted Divinity, Divine Justice, Guilty Sould, Fantiicism

There are som buts tho. Guilty Sould is only worth using if you make Bludgeon your filler attack instead of Sigmars Radience. And Divine Juistice is probobly nr1 highest dps tactic if you take into consideration that you have 4 other attacking party members.

Luth

Post#28 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:08 pm

https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/4973

Also: your only real spirit damage attack is divine assault and it does very low damage per hit + an 8 second cooldown (and any potential AA doesn't work during channeling).

A tactic that tics for ~60/s spirit damage over 9 seconds is not advisable as well as "soulfire" which has no initial damage, ticks also low and even requires you to stand still for 2 seconds (while every potential target just runs past you).

This is all very theoretical; in a real fight you will have barely the time to keep your detaunt and buffs up between healing your group and yourself while you wade slowly from target to target (perma-snared).
Using a weak ability, like "bludgeon" instead something useful, just to -maybe- proc a lame tactic is imo a very bad idea.

Besides that:
Some people prejudice grace-WPs already, but going full DPS-wannabe-slayer-mode will surely earn you some very creative hate tells; not from your enemies, but from your groupmates. :mrgreen:

If you want to play a melee class that can use spirit damage attacks together with a SM and is capable to kill someone, i suggest this while the SM has "whispering winds" specced.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#29 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:11 pm

I can post you the dmg logs if you want to.
And you're also thinkin of this in terms of group melee healing and not dps here.
Grace is a utillty dps spec playstyle. Wrath is a dps spec playstyle.
Bludegon have higher base dmg then SR and lower AP cost, So for a dps build it's just better. If it's worth the trade tho. Thats a completly different mather.
if PoR was bugged when i did the tests the outcome would be slightly diferent for sure.
But it still doesn't change the fact that the skill that did moast dmg on allmoast all tactic setupt and spec swaps i tried was Divine Assault.

You know what tactic that impressed me the least??? Fantacism.I would use it in a Grace style specc instead of Hasted Divinity just to get higger hits of SR. But for dps this one is on bottom. :)

Luth

Post#30 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:01 pm

According to http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=wp; , SR should have a slightly higher base damage, but it varies ofc if you spec into wrath.