Running and Jumping

Let's talk about... everything else
Desidus

Re: Running and Jumping

Post#31 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:08 pm

mindmelt wrote:
OneTonGun wrote:
Learn... to.. play.
Anyone who actually uses this jumping/run exploit since they done the speed debuff patch is just a moron, its not like there is some skill involved everyone can spam the space bar, learn to kite properly and you don't need to exploit this jump/warp.
What about the part where running and jumping combined is actually the most offective way to kite? Hmm? HMM?

Ads
Krku

Post#32 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:22 pm

Still one jump is often enough to create a distance. And I doubt it is a ping only issue. Because it creates a distance even if two chars are running exactly the same direction. That's why any mdd/tank should apply a slow asap, at least everyone but wh/we has got a reliable one.

mindmelt
Banned

Post#33 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:25 pm

Desidus wrote:
mindmelt wrote:
OneTonGun wrote:
Learn... to.. play.
Anyone who actually uses this jumping/run exploit since they done the speed debuff patch is just a moron, its not like there is some skill involved everyone can spam the space bar, learn to kite properly and you don't need to exploit this jump/warp.
What about the part where running and jumping combined is actually the most offective way to kite? Hmm? HMM?
Yes but the only reason it is most effective is because of the warping.. lol?

Some people..will never get it.

dviella

Post#34 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:23 pm

You can run and jump without exploiting. The fact you cannot reach someone because he jumps or runs doesnt mean he exploits. If u still think he does prove it with vid, post it, he will be punished. It is so easy.

The bitter spawn of night crawls from darkness to posses the world for eternity to come. Fools! Take refuge in faith or flee into the depths of madness, for no other hidding place remains. The Realm of Chaos has begun.

StormX2
Game Master

Post#35 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:44 pm

too many people are accusing people of exploiting when all they are doing is the standard tactics that they did in every MMO to ever exist. Just like they did on Warhammer back on live.

running away from an enemy, jumping in the air, turning to face the enemy and hitting them with a dot/insta is 100% standard every day level of Gameplay that should be expected from any ranged DPS.

It is not our fault, that you have bad internet, or are located entirely too far away from the server. You are not obligated to keep playing at all if your lag is so bad that you have to cry Exploit every time you fight.

Just try to predict the movements, predict the lag, and it wont effect you so much.

Or you can keep complaining on this forum pointing fingers at mostly innocent people.

Luth

Post#36 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:05 pm

How to kite in WAR

This isn't WoW or any other MMO, jumping while kiting has only two reasons here:

Number 1: Jump across an obstacle.
Number 2: Shameless copy from the linked guide:
Assuming you're Q key kiting. While holding Q, hit jump. Your toon will jump to his left. While in the air, quickly right-click and drag left until your character turns 180 degrees. Before you land, let go of Q and hold down E. Now land. Viola, continuous kiting, but now you're facing the other way. This will come in handy a lot and helps you to maintain the enemy in your cone of fire.

Every other jumping while kiting, particularly bunnyhopping, means that the player has either
a) no clue how kiting works in this game
or
b) does it with the intention to "warp" away out of melee range by exploiting a weakness in the server/client communication that hasn't been fixed yet.

OneTonGun

Post#37 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:08 pm

Luth wrote:How to kite in WAR

This isn't WoW or any other MMO, jumping while kiting has only two reasons here:

Assuming you're Q key kiting. While holding Q, hit jump. Your toon will jump to his left. While in the air, quickly right-click and drag left until your character turns 180 degrees. Before you land, let go of Q and hold down E. Now land. Viola, continuous kiting, but now you're facing the other way. This will come in handy a lot and helps you to maintain the enemy in your cone of fire.

Every other jumping while kiting, particularly bunnyhopping, means that the player has either
or
b) does it with the intention to "warp" away out of melee range by exploiting a weakness in the server/client communication that hasn't been fixed yet.
Luth I will have to disagree with this. There are several other reasons for running and jumping.

1) The first is the most obvious which is jumping down hills. If you run down a hill and step on every pixel, you will go down much slower. This is true regardless of the slope grade.

2) The second reason for running and jumping is less known to most players. Its called mogul hopping. At full speed a player can jump approximately two horse lengths. So if you have tuned yourself over the years to kiting, you will find that jumping from the tops of moguls (small hills) to the next mogul is faster than traveling down a mogul, across the depression part, and back up the next mogul. This more than anything is how I outdistance players when I kite.

3) If you are hit with some kind of ranged CC (be it knockdown, root or stagger) the game mechanic, NOT an exploit, will allow you to land first before the actual CC takes place. Thus you can gain up to 2 horse lengths of distance by occasionally jumping. If you run and get hit with CC it will lock you down immediately where you stand. When a zerg or larger party is quickly rushing at me, the very first thing I always do in a kite move is to jump away because I realize CC is coming. Sometimes an extra 10 feet of space tween you and your opponent saves your toon.

None of these are exploits, its just common game mechanics found in all similar games.

StormX2
Game Master

Post#38 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:18 pm

"None of these are exploits, its just common game mechanics found in all similar games."

exactly. Its just unfortunate that some people have latency issues and are unable to compensate for the lag they experience

Ads
Luth

Post#39 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:43 pm

OneTonGun wrote:
Spoiler:
Luth wrote:How to kite in WAR

or
Luth I will have to disagree with this. There are several other reasons for running and jumping.

1) The first is the most obvious which is jumping down hills. If you run down a hill and step on every pixel, you will go down much slower. This is true regardless of the slope grade.

2) The second reason for running and jumping is less known to most players. Its called mogul hopping. At full speed a player can jump approximately two horse lengths. So if you have tuned yourself over the years to kiting, you will find that jumping from the tops of moguls (small hills) to the next mogul is faster than traveling down a mogul, across the depression part, and back up the next mogul. This more than anything is how I outdistance players when I kite.

3) If you are hit with some kind of ranged CC (be it knockdown, root or stagger) the game mechanic, NOT an exploit, will allow you to land first before the actual CC takes place. Thus you can gain up to 2 horse lengths of distance by occasionally jumping. If you run and get hit with CC it will lock you down immediately where you stand. When a zerg or larger party is quickly rushing at me, the very first thing I always do in a kite move is to jump away because I realize CC is coming. Sometimes an extra 10 feet of space tween you and your opponent saves your toon.

None of these are exploits, its just common game mechanics found in all similar games.
Number 1 and 2 are just related to the games strange physics (the physic behaves even more strange, the higher the players speed is). Though i wouldn't recommend players, who are not very familiar with the ingame "physics", to jump down hills with full speed.
On number 3: i don't understand what you mean with "will allow you to land first before the actual CC takes place".

StormX2
Game Master

Post#40 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:43 pm

it means you keep moving. Your air velocity will not change if you are rooted or stunned while midair jump. You will continue moving until you land.