Recent Topics

Ads

The Wipe - Post thoughts/comments

Let's talk about... everything else
exustrek

Re: The Wipe - Post thoughts/comments

Post#41 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:39 pm

@Stormx2 ... I too played when the game was in T1, as to farming i used to average about 20+ gale runner pieces in 90-120 minutes, so i would not call that hard to farm.

In my opinion players calling for a wipe are the one's that do no farming. These players are in every game, they always want the best items but will not work for them so they try to stir the pot.

I would not like to see a wipe of anything, if there is then i won't be bothered i will just move on, and as a Worker on this project has mentioned already .. "no one will care".

Ads
dontcomplainx

Post#42 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:39 pm

Wipe all except: name, professions and leave 10g per character

nalgol
Developer

Post#43 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:54 pm

i was always against any form of full whipe it just makes ppl not play the game if we however do something to renown or gold is still to be decided
since once we enter lvl 40 and t4 all gear you have now is mostly useless anyway so not really a need to whipe it

Euan
Suspended

Post#44 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:57 pm

Did I upset someone?

This isn't like other games, we've played this game before. RoR also seems to be even more grindy and the devs have seen to that. I'm not about to grind a main and alts for a 3rd time. Throw in lag, bad moderation with no accountability and Order bias, yeah... no thanks.
Last edited by Euan on Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Is this a shitpost? Let me know through personal message.

StormX2
Game Master

Post#45 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:00 pm

exustrek wrote:@Stormx2 ... I too played when the game was in T1, as to farming i used to average about 20+ gale runner pieces in 90-120 minutes, so i would not call that hard to farm.

In my opinion players calling for a wipe are the one's that do no farming. These players are in every game, they always want the best items but will not work for them so they try to stir the pot.

I would not like to see a wipe of anything, if there is then i won't be bothered i will just move on, and as a Worker on this project has mentioned already .. "no one will care".

take you an hour just to get a single drop off that One Lonely lvl 12 Mob once all of T1 was released.

I agree with you to an extent that its possible that only people with limited items and time would potentially ask for a wipe.

Honestly hope that wasnt implying that I am one of those? I dont usually spend much time on Farming just for items/salvage. Only if a Guildie needs guard bot etc or some levling is needed. LEarned my lesson from the old days, spent too much time farmign that 1 lvl 12 and ended up wiped out anyway, had over 600 gold too.

What I was getting at (sorry if wording was off?) that we have been through wipes before, and as long as you Love Warhammer, than it doesnt matter. The only concern I ever even had was if each account was wiped out, requiring re-naming etc. (we all know why that could be seen as a bad thing) but im pretty sure thats not an issue based on previous wipes.

DirkDaring

Post#46 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:09 pm

Having Tested many games over the last 15 years, I understand why they have character wipes, and actually expect it to happen, as in every game I have participated in as a tester.

I see this game as a free to play Alpha test same as every other game in Alpha stage, doesn`t matter that yes i already played this game live for four years before.

Best thing as in every Testing do not get attached to your characters.

noisestorm

Post#47 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:24 pm

I absolutely cannot understand why people say
"muh hurrdurr i invested so many months into my chars and its all lost when a wipe comes, so ima leave this hurrdurr"

when literally EVERYTHING you have farmed up to t3 will be completely disposable and worthless at lvl40 in the first place.
The only thing that was a bit tedious was to farm certain jobs back up, but since aza finally fixed how one can gather from high lvl mobs with low lvl skill even that isnt really a problem anymore. The amount of Gold sadly already is again inflated as hell thanks to the killquests being spammed all over and t3 items going for multiple hundreds to thousands of gold just proves that as well. A puny RR of 40 will be farmed in a few days/weeks as well and the XP honestly isnt any big deal either in my opinion. For people that have 10 lvl35 chars that could indeed hurt the most, but literally everything Gear AND RR related being wiped should be absolutely no problem.

Just my thoughts about that stuff - if we should ever face another huge gamebreaking issue somewhen in the future i am always completely pro any full wipe (or at least complete wipe and keep naked chars with their lvl and perhaps RR too)

Tklees

Post#48 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:29 pm

Euan wrote:Did I upset someone?

This isn't like other games, we've played this game before. RoR also seems to be even more grindy and the devs have seen to that. I'm not about to grind a main and alts for a 3rd time. Throw in lag, shitty moderation with no accountability and Order bias, yeah... no thanks.
All i did was offer you a cookie. They are quite good. As to insulting the Management team I would be careful what you say.
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn

Ads
Ninepaces

Post#49 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:38 pm

StormX2 wrote:
Ninepaces wrote:What does a wipe accomplish exactly? Is it purely for balance issues (e.g so everyone starts on the same footing?)
based on responses by officials in this thread, id say it could happen for any number of reasons, and also Not happen, for any number of reasons. At that point, it could accomplish everything and nothing at all.
But specifically...?
skutrug wrote:I have been in close beta for commercial games three times. All these accounts, regardless of time invested were wiped clean 24 hours prior to the official launch. I expect no less and will take any remaining gift (name, copper pieces, Azarael's signed scroll...) as an unexpected favor.
Cheers,
Skut
But this isnt a commercial game... I understand a commercial game needs to be balanced so everyone can start evenly and people won't be dissuaded from joining due to being "behind".

mursie

Post#50 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:15 pm

noisestorm wrote:I absolutely cannot understand why people say
"muh hurrdurr i invested so many months into my chars and its all lost when a wipe comes, so ima leave this hurrdurr"

when literally EVERYTHING you have farmed up to t3 will be completely disposable and worthless at lvl40 in the first place.
The only thing that was a bit tedious was to farm certain jobs back up, but since aza finally fixed how one can gather from high lvl mobs with low lvl skill even that isnt really a problem anymore. The amount of Gold sadly already is again inflated as hell thanks to the killquests being spammed all over and t3 items going for multiple hundreds to thousands of gold just proves that as well. A puny RR of 40 will be farmed in a few days/weeks as well and the XP honestly isnt any big deal either in my opinion. For people that have 10 lvl35 chars that could indeed hurt the most, but literally everything Gear AND RR related being wiped should be absolutely no problem.

Just my thoughts about that stuff - if we should ever face another huge gamebreaking issue somewhen in the future i am always completely pro any full wipe (or at least complete wipe and keep naked chars with their lvl and perhaps RR too)
As someone with 14 lvl 35 characters - a full character wipe would definitely hurt.

If you want to wipe all gold/items/gear that would be no issue - even with 14 characters. But the complete wipe of those career ranks, renown ranks, and professions would be tough.

Then again - the reality is that when RR finally does get raised (to anything above 60 really) - the idea of alts starts to dramatically shrink anyways. 14 characters is simple when rr is 40 and rank was basically low 30's for the longest time. With each increase in tier and rank, and especially any increase in rr rank, the choice to alt will become much more painful.