Recent Topics

Ads

White lion Pounce

Let's talk about... everything else
MagicGhost

White lion Pounce

Post#1 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:51 pm

So is this ability suppose to allow White lions players to pounce onto players up on keep walls? or is that a bug? and players I mean not the lions. Saw a couple of them abusing this today.
Last edited by MagicGhost on Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Luranni

Re: White lion Pounce

Post#2 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:54 pm

I was under the impression that abusing broken abilities was a 24 hour ban, having witnessed a choppa on the receiving end.

I'd assume that engi, magus, and WL abusing broken abilities would receive the same treatment.

magter3001

Post#3 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:57 pm

MagicGhost wrote:So is this ability suppose to allow White lions players to pounce onto players up on 20ft high walls? or is that a bug? and players I mean not the lions. Saw a couple of them abusing this today.
Devs already said it's not an exploit and is working as intended. This was already brought to them back in T2 and that's the response Aza gave. ;)
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

mursie

Post#4 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:58 pm

White lion pounce has been "adjusted" on RoR to restrict a certain amount of z-axis pouncing. However, a white lion can still pounce to targets above him... I think its restricted to anything 60ft or under.

I used to be able to pounce to npc guards on the outer-wall of badlands t3 keep. however, once pounce was adjusted, those same guards are now to high to use pounce on.

tl:dr - there is a limit on the height of a z-axis pounce.

Nameless

Post#5 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:12 pm

on reikland factory WL could jump from the ground to the railways up there. So yea...
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Luranni

Post#6 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:21 pm

Side note: not sure why other class abilities were nerfed to worst live version, Pounce surely should be the same, not a random exception.

Atropik

Post#7 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:26 pm

Unknockbackable, unrootable, unsnarable, unescapable, unstopable.

Being the WL :mrgreen:
Nicelook | Obey

Azarael

Post#8 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:29 pm

Luranni wrote:Side note: not sure why other class abilities were nerfed to worst live version, Pounce surely should be the same, not a random exception.
We will use the live server implementation, but we will not reintroduce Mythic's bugs by doing so. Asking me to deliberately bug Pounce to match the live server is ridiculous.

I would also like to point out, before any further subtle allegations of Order Bias are thrown at me, that I implemented a nerf to Pounce which would have prevented it being used in mid-air and the backlash over this was extreme, so it was reverted.

Ads
SigmarPriest
Former Staff

Post#9 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:40 pm

Luranni wrote:I was under the impression that abusing broken abilities was a 24 hour ban, having witnessed a choppa on the receiving end.

I'd assume that engi, magus, and WL abusing broken abilities would receive the same treatment.
You have a false impression. There is no plain guidline that says somebody use a broken ability = 1 day temp ban. If we do that and what we do depends on how the broken ability effects the pvp and how many people suffer under this.

thefarthestland

Post#10 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:41 pm

Atropik wrote:Unknockbackable, unrootable, unsnarable, unescapable, unstopable.

Being the WL :mrgreen:
and unNERFaple