Recent Topics

Ads

Crossrealm is real problem & Killing game

Let's talk about... everything else
Qwack

Re: Crossrealm is real problem & Killing game

Post#31 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:56 pm

Xrealming is essential to the health of the game. There a many players that willingly choose to relog to the side that is under populated. Some do it for AAO. Some do it because they want opponents to fight (like the folks I run with).

If all Xrealming stopped, you would actually see the overall population begin to decline. Warhammer live originally had no xrealming and when one side was excessively zerging for weeks on end, the opposing side would often completely collapse. Mythic attempted to curtail this by closing off the overpopulated realm, but this only resulted in new players with low levels and poor equipment contending with a more heavily equipped zerg full of seasoned players. This left some servers in a never ending pitiful state. At least now several groups will form alternate realm 6 mans to give the zerg something to contend with.

I assure you, there are many skilled players in this game that do want a challenge. And its those good players that keep the game interesting when one side gets too stacked.
Destro: [Agony] Qwack Shammy 80+, Krakkenn Chosen 79 and Mincer Choppa 70+
Order: [Kill Team] Krakken Knight 80+

Ads
Shibirian

Post#32 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:07 pm

I am happy I can play my favorite classes SW/SM/BG on the same server...it was always a pain to switch servers because of this.

Crossrealm is no problem, really.

On another thought I am more surprised people are not insulting/harrassing each other with /s working for both sides! I got killed, you f***. There I experienced quite different kind of behaviour on WOW-private servers than here. Probably just shows we're the cool people here :-3
"I am Grace, too. But roll a healer if you need healing..." - Tudik (WP@SC)

"I've heard it reported but do not know how to reproduce." - Azarael

Judarth

Post#33 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:08 pm

Sory :oops:

greenstoned

Post#34 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:09 pm

Shibirian wrote:I am happy I can play my favorite classes SW/SM/BG on the same server...it was always a pain to switch servers because of this.

Crossrealm is no problem, really.

On another thought I am more surprised people are not insulting/harrassing each other with /s working for both sides! I got killed, you f***. There I experienced quite different kind of behaviour on WOW-private servers than here. Probably just shows we're the cool people here :-3
i do see small amounts of trash talking going on here and there, but not so much, nothing that gets out of control
AM - Greendreams
SW - Experiment

albionrare

Post#35 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:19 pm

When half the warband always switch side after 1 wipe its a problem

Shibirian

Post#36 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:26 pm

albionrare wrote:When half the warband always switch side after 1 wipe its a problem
Depends if its prime time t3 or if there's not a lot of players around. Then, in the letter case, maybe.

Mind, if you switch after the first wipe, then I dunno... but I am really not sure that this is a real problem?
"I am Grace, too. But roll a healer if you need healing..." - Tudik (WP@SC)

"I've heard it reported but do not know how to reproduce." - Azarael

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#37 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:40 pm

i do see small amounts of trash talking going on here and there, but not so much, nothing that gets out of control
Actually had a cool moment in t1 related to this. We were in Nordland, had pushed Order back to their warcamp, and we outnumbered them probably 2-1. A couple of them were getting feisty in chat, calling us cowards and losers for outnumbering them and camping the WC. So, me and a Black Orc start trash talking back, saying we don't need a warband to kill them and we will 1v1 any of them as proof.

Surprisingly, both warbands were totally up for the idea, so we cleared a space in front of the Order warcamp and started dueling. I won three duels in a row before some of our respective Sorcs and BWs got a bit bored and started AoEing the duelists.

It was really fun, and probably one of the most "Warhammer" moments I've ever had in a game. Trash talking each other, and then dueling in front of our respective warbands for teh glories. Was pretty fun, and the guys I dueled were cool about it, even if our own warbands kept trying to ruin it haha
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Swolv7

Post#38 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:50 pm

Average Pugs switching sides is harmless. Some do it to join the Winning Side, others to Bolster a diminishing Opposing Force. And that is perfectly Healthy.

It is the Organized Groups who actively Cross-Realm for their own Gains; who get enjoyment out of flipping the "Scales of War" and slamming it on its head. These are the People who ruin ORvR for the Masses.

IMO, Lack of Leadership is usually what ruins ORvR the most.
Edit:
Spoiler:
Additionally I think Strong, One-Sided Guilds would help ORvR, overall. Lead your Realm, don't pray apon them whenever its "Time to Even out the Playing Field".. And If One Realm becomes too Dominate, then its time for the Other Realm to Rally, and Organize to Counter. Not Jump Ship.
>>Blender Artist<< >>Drawing & Sketching<< >>Texturing<<
Ingame Character: Conker Lvl. 32 Chosen <NAZGUL>

Ads
Kaozium

Post#39 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:34 am

It's weird nobody here pointed out some other flaws of xrealming.
we were doing T1 lair and got ganked by a destro group which is totally fine, lairs are in pvp zones for a reason.
our healer xrealmed on his chosen to help the destro group annihilate us, granting him a room in their group to kill the boss.
I mean.. wow. i don't want to name and shame but beware of colfennix.

Obeed

Post#40 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:12 am

How many people actually Xrealm? Would be interesting to see some actual factual figures on this.
I have not met one person in game that Xrealms... is it really an actual issue or just paranoia in people's minds? 100% of the people I have met online have been 100% against Xrealming, they hate it. Some people have characters on both sides but will not swap characters mid game because of a zerg. I guess only the Dev's could answer "How many people actually Xrealm?" with the login logs.
Nothing is as sure as the glitter of gold and the treachery of Elves!