Recent Topics

Ads

Is there anything you can do about Order/Destro hopping?

Let's talk about... everything else
Talsorc

Is there anything you can do about Order/Destro hopping?

Post#1 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:55 am

Pretty sick of seeing a full order WB and destro at 20% AAO into a 12 man WB and 160% aao on order. It's obvious that people are logging onto destro/order characters when one side is doing poor in RVR or scenarios. It is poor sportsmanship and annoying to say the least. Is there anything the developers could do to implement maybe a 30 minute IP timer between switching to order/destro toons?
Talsorc 32 BW
Refiek 32 KotBS
Talslay 32 SL
<Nocturnal>

Ads
Jaycub

Re: Is there anything you can do about Order/Destro hopping?

Post#2 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:59 am

Only bad players? Who leaves AAO for zerging empty keeps for 400 rr and no medals?

I don't think anyone does this, same thing as people claiming NB bypasses CDs.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Digbir

Post#3 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:02 am

Talsorc wrote:Pretty sick of seeing a full order WB and destro at 20% AAO into a 12 man WB and 160% aao on order. It's obvious that people are logging onto destro/order characters when one side is doing poor in RVR or scenarios. It is poor sportsmanship and annoying to say the least. Is there anything the developers could do to implement maybe a 30 minute IP timer between switching to order/destro toons?

Well this is a new topic. /sarcasm off

A timer, really, how is that going to work with unlimited free accounts?

So what do you want the devs to do besides a timer that will not work?

I have an idea, stop bringing this topic up every other week!

Ridduk

Post#4 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:12 am

Digbir wrote:
Talsorc wrote:Pretty sick of seeing a full order WB and destro at 20% AAO into a 12 man WB and 160% aao on order. It's obvious that people are logging onto destro/order characters when one side is doing poor in RVR or scenarios. It is poor sportsmanship and annoying to say the least. Is there anything the developers could do to implement maybe a 30 minute IP timer between switching to order/destro toons?

Well this is a new topic. /sarcasm off

A timer, really, how is that going to work with unlimited free accounts?

So what do you want the devs to do besides a timer that will not work?

I have an idea, stop bringing this topic up every other week!
He mentioned a IP lock which i guess would bind you to the last realm you were on after log out for x amount of time no matter how many accts you make.

Someone more tech savvy might want to comment on the possiblity of this. :geek:

Rowanmantle

Post#5 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:44 am

Wont stop people as others above have said. But perhaps something can be done. It's boring to fight sc's when no one wants to even try and do something or coordinate there efforts, now i know most will say pugs wont listen but, i've met a few randoms here and their willing and dedicated to actually trying.
Rowanmantle /WP
Rowansrage /SL
Rowanbrowan /KOTBS
Rowanthrowan /BW
Matronmother /Dok
Handyrowan /Mara

amputationsaw

Post#6 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:58 am

How about that. Let every player/account choose just once between the two sides and after that pick you can't create toons of the opposite side anymore... locked to one faction, forever :D

Shadowgurke

Post#7 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:10 am

amputationsaw wrote:How about that. Let every player/account choose just once between the two sides and after that pick you can't create toons of the opposite side anymore... locked to one faction, forever :D
We've had this argument a thousand times already. RoR being f2p means everybody can create 2 accounts and realm hop even if you restrict factions

Gachimuchi

Post#8 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:27 am

Shadowgurke wrote:
amputationsaw wrote:How about that. Let every player/account choose just once between the two sides and after that pick you can't create toons of the opposite side anymore... locked to one faction, forever :D
We've had this argument a thousand times already. RoR being f2p means everybody can create 2 accounts and realm hop even if you restrict factions
And nobody has ever really addressed the counter: Ban multi accounters. Except for that one guy that goes "Please no my girlfriend/boyfriend/brother/roomate/dog plays this game also from my house". And even then there can be exceptions worked out. A few people will get around it but not most.
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

Ads
bwdaWAR

Post#9 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:33 am

Ridduk wrote:He mentioned a IP lock which i guess would bind you to the last realm you were on after log out for x amount of time no matter how many accts you make.

Someone more tech savvy might want to comment on the possiblity of this. :geek:
Unsurprisingly, this too has been discussed many times. In short: it's not at all difficult to get a new IP these days, and IP lock would prevent people using the same IP playing (in the same household, for example).
Seriously. This topic pops up every week on the forums, and every day in the ingame channels. It's been discussed to death, and there is just no practical way of doing it.

bwdaWAR

Post#10 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:34 am

Gachimuchi wrote:And nobody has ever really addressed the counter: Ban multi accounters. Except for that one guy that goes "Please no my girlfriend/boyfriend/brother/roomate/dog plays this game also from my house". And even then there can be exceptions worked out. A few people will get around it but not most.
Yes, they have. Just because you chose to ignore it doesn't mean it didn't happen.