Recent Topics

Ads

I need to give someone money

Let's talk about... everything else
drexelshafter

I need to give someone money

Post#1 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:08 pm

The game, in its current state, is AMAZING from where it was last year. I'm having such a blast, reliving great battles of the past, enjoying all of the content that has been added, and seeing the amazing progress that is being pushed through everyday.

I can no longer, in good faith, continue to play for free much longer. There is no content I can buy to support the devs, and there is no subscriber fee I can pay monthly. I can only imagine the long, frustrating hours of WTF code that works/doesn't work, all of our "nerf rage" on the forums and the many times you were woken up because a server was down or DDoS attacks plagued the site. Albeit that is a labor of love I'm sure, its a labor that is should be justly rewarded, as this brings me a ton of joy each day.

I don't care if it is a Kickstarter, GoFundMe or I gotta send you some snail mail via our lovely Postal Service.... I need send my thanks, as I'm sure others would like to as well. So, as I'm not good with any of that group money collecting thing, If someone does start something, or the devs put something together, I would like folks to atleast have a beer on me.

Or at minimum, put something in that I can buy, so I can say thank you.

And of course, thanks for all your hard work and efforts. For many of us, this game and community was everything from back in the day.

Ads
Druin
Former Staff

Re: I need to give someone money

Post#2 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:11 pm

Can't accept donations for legal reasons.
Pretty much always afk or tabbed out.

drexelshafter

Post#3 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:16 pm

Bleh, there has to be something!

drexelshafter

Post#4 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:40 pm

What if its something to the effect that all the money goes to a charity? Would that be something that would work? Even then, you guys get to feel great about doing this as well.

Kaori1

Post#5 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:02 pm

Can't we at least order the devs lunch? :P

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#6 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:14 pm

There are some little things you all can do for us :).

- Help us to track bugs.
- Invite all your friends to discover this game :).
- Enjoy the game :).

Lordcrist

Post#7 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:01 pm

Would it be possible to donate to the upkeep of the website and not the game. You could grant us Renown Titles to our forum accounts. ex. Webmaster is under Yaliskah name. Under mine could be Harbringer. Just a thought.

Meralors

Post#8 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:04 pm

http://www.worldwildlife.org/

(or any other fund, really)

Ads
aelic

Post#9 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:06 pm

How about making some ROR T-Shirts or something like that?

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#10 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:20 pm

Yaliskah wrote:- Help us to track bugs.
- Invite all your friends to discover this game :).
These two especially. Intelligent bugtracker posts (not duplicates, descriptive, and ideally with screenshots) make our lives so much easier, and get the game fixed sooner. For the second, the playerbase cuts in half, right around 6-7pm EST.

Like the game? Tell your friends, and learn how to use the bugtracker.

At this time, we refuse to do anything which could be linked back to us and implicate us in profiting from developing this game.