Character progression without RvR

Let's talk about... everything else
Wattser

Character progression without RvR

Post#1 » Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:58 am

Good day gits! So I have odd playtimes that don't always line up to frequent SC pops or oRvR/keeps/forts etc. I was wondering what you all do to make character progress while there is a lull in RvR. On my cr40s I figured I could do some crafting mat farming, but on the lower CR toons I don't want to really build crEXP if I can avoid it but I still want to make some meaningful progress. Any suggestions?

Ads
Rotgut

Re: Character progression without RvR

Post#2 » Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:39 am

Cosmetic farming, maybe? Chasing that Trophy Tokens that i forgot what is called, the one u trade for trophies. And doing every Epic Quests, there is one in each tier for every pairing and some of them give some cool looking items.

Those shouldn't give a lot, if any XP. A lot of Tokens come from killing a single mob, and if you're in T3 doing a T1 Epic Quest u shouldn't get much XP from each quest

Akalukz

Post#3 » Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:03 am

there are scrolls that reduce exp as well for anything PVE.
-= Agony =-

Wattser

Post#4 » Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:37 am

Yea, I kind of screwed the pooch and my 40s are only RR 34 and 35 :( but I didn't know better when I came back to the game. I almost feel like I need to start over on my BG since its 26/19...but 200 talisman so I don't want to delete it.

So being in a bad hole with such low RR sucks so trying to make up for it in other ways while RvR is low

Zxul

Post#5 » Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:59 am

Wattser wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:37 am Yea, I kind of screwed the pooch and my 40s are only RR 34 and 35 :( but I didn't know better when I came back to the game. I almost feel like I need to start over on my BG since its 26/19...but 200 talisman so I don't want to delete it.

So being in a bad hole with such low RR sucks so trying to make up for it in other ways while RvR is low
Low rr matters much less than what lot of people like to tell. Depending on class, setups such as 3 conq/dom (boots+ gloves which you can btw buy from ah, + belt), +4 sent, work fine, and it only takes rr 42. Or for tank, mix of 2 ruin or 3 redeye (for the armor bonus), with something else. +There is the beastlord, which can allow for some interesting setups as well depending on class. For some really low rr tank, can even use 2 ruin + 3 redeye (including belt)+ 4 beastlord (pocket+back+gem+1 more), with 3 Winds jewelry, will give you decent armor + resists with no rr requirements whatsoever.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Akalukz

Post#6 » Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:17 pm

Wattser wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:37 am Yea, I kind of screwed the pooch and my 40s are only RR 34 and 35 :( but I didn't know better when I came back to the game. I almost feel like I need to start over on my BG since its 26/19...but 200 talisman so I don't want to delete it.

Yeah as the poster above said, it can be dealt with. Go farm some pve gear sets, some of it is really good. Finding groups can be tough, but continue to poke away at your RR with open wbs and scenarios. Eat your renown potions (i think you can get a few free in K8P)
-= Agony =-

Wattser

Post#7 » Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:53 am

I was just thinking about it. If I'm playing a tank I think I would have more enjoyment, getting my CR level up for more skills and then getting the ruin/redeye and having RR catch up as it would go faster

SpacefishPrime

Post#8 » Wed Jun 19, 2024 7:18 am

I'm a NA west player and yeah, my prime time is the server's graveyard hours. I feelz ya git. Just got a DPS character to 40 so I can at least do some butchering now. On a Sub-CR40 toon this is when I become Dr Strangecultivator and learn to love da Box-runnin'.

Ads
Templa

Post#9 » Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:00 am

Akalukz wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:17 pm

Yeah as the poster above said, it can be dealt with. Go farm some pve gear sets, some of it is really good. Finding groups can be tough, but continue to poke away at your RR with open wbs and scenarios. Eat your renown potions (i think you can get a few free in K8P)
Only made for Order so far.
Image Image

SpacefishPrime

Post#10 » Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:12 am

Templa wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:00 am Yeah as the poster above said, it can be dealt with. Go farm some pve gear sets, some of it is really good. Finding groups can be tough, but continue to poke away at your RR with open wbs and scenarios. Eat your renown potions (i think you can get a few free in K8P)
There's 4 quests in K-a-K or K8P that take max 10 minutes to complete for 4 renown pots (or 3 and an epic Trophy item). "Social Values" for Order and "Our House, Our Rulez" for Destro. Youtube vids easy to find for each.