Recent Topics

Ads

Double RP/Crests staying 4ever

Let's talk about... everything else
Roids

Double RP/Crests staying 4ever

Post#1 » Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:49 am

Hey just a suggestion and why it would benefit the overall situation. This is a PvP game and the most unfair in games like this is Gear advantage, everyone who defend old System is just some BiS geread who wants to farm Pugs. I can say im a Veteran player who likes to twink like hell, why u ask. I hate running Warbands and Zerging, so im doing just SCs for 99% of time. Why im not doing so much T4 SCs, to many BiS Premades and we know the que system. It would help so much to just have the progression faster and normal player would still need like a month to get to decent gear, if he wants to farm all the gear its way longer. What you see in chat when u join t4, lf 70+ etc or else join pug wb. Newer players dont know the game, need to learn to position, assist and whatever and than they are double fuc.. with bad gear. PvE gear is nice to have and for many Players, me included, its BiS for Months.

Please stop defending slower progression with the excuse to lose motivation if people have faster their gear and rr. Its just to have it easier to farm and u dont like pvp you just like sitting in a blob and have easy farm and happy about numbers.

The double renown/crests just feels so good, even Mid SCs u get out with rr50+ have some decent Crests close to vanq etc..

Ads
Amakusa

Re: Double RP/Crests staying 4ever

Post#2 » Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:45 pm

Egos, Kyoshiro, Kokoshibu, Sosa, Riegert, Luniz, Gankplank <Morituri>
Dunning, Boyka, Iluv, Shirokyo, Snusnu, Engrimar, Soge <Holmgang>

akisnaakkeli

Post#3 » Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:15 pm

Live had Triple RR under rr70 double from rr70 to rr80 and Normal after that. Do that now! Nowadays if not using any renown pots and solo Scs you will end up rr3+ when you ding r40. Imo there should be real midtier, one random tier that is not in the way of T4 would be announced. Under lvl 40 only with 3 tactics, Bolster to 39lvl. Tier 4 Bolster should be for under rr60 lvl 41 imo. And cant ding r40 without rr45 should be a rule almost.

Red-Eye and Conq/Domi should be 32+lvl sets not lvl 40 and new rr 45 sets would be Vanq/Opp and Red-Eye wuldnt be needed for Sentinel dungeons.

That creates room that Copy Pasteing set bonuses from now existing sets in RoR but be more free with them, all the 2% 360 dmg procs in healers gear i mean what is that? and 2% lol. Atm Vanq/opp + Pve is when you become enough to kill BiS if you are better. That should be lowered to first r40 set.

Roids

Post#4 » Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:24 pm

What would help too is to have shared Currency for Account, just differ for destro and order side.

Farrul

Post#5 » Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:00 am

I understand if someone does not have much time to play, i.e casual the gear- gap may seem unfair.

The reality imho is that during this event, the server was unplayable at times, lag, a lot of premades farming pugs like never before. I felt a relief when the event was over and things went back to normal. ( please remove the annoying Altdorf event NPC screaming)

More importantly, if gearing up becomes to easy it will take away the sense of accomplishment, the game risk becoming boring for a lot of folks. RoR was already imho made less intersting when the challenge of cities for royal crests was removed etc.

This is the precise problem of many modern games, too easily rewarded for little effort. Those playing Return of reckoning will mostly be old school gamers at the age 30-40+, these instant gratification games for a younger generation with less attention span does not appeal , hence we stick to older games like warhammer online.

It is totally fine as a time limited event, as a celebration to temporarily make players more excited for the game and make an effort to compete and earn greater rewards, the limited amount of time this is available makes it more exciting from a competing point of view.

However to leave it permanently would be a big mistake, the game is in need of increasing the challenge for long health longevity, not dillute it further.

P.S.
Roids wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:24 pm What would help too is to have shared Currency for Account, just differ for destro and order side.

That would be terrible, imagine farming crests on a BIS toon only to feed a low level character, super unfair to every new player wanting to try out the game. The sense of character progression would be completely eliminated.

shoelessHN

Post#6 » Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:35 am

Farrul wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:00 am I understand if someone does not have much time to play, i.e casual the gear- gap may seem unfair.

The reality imho is that during this event, the server was unplayable at times, lag, a lot of premades farming pugs like never before. I felt a relief when the event was over and things went back to normal. ( please remove the annoying Altdorf event NPC screaming)

More importantly, if gearing up becomes to easy it will take away the sense of accomplishment, the game risk becoming boring for a lot of folks. RoR was already imho made less intersting when the challenge of cities for royal crests was removed etc.

This is the precise problem of many modern games, too easily rewarded for little effort. Those playing Return of reckoning will mostly be old school gamers at the age 30-40+, these instant gratification games for a younger generation with less attention span does not appeal , hence we stick to older games like warhammer online.

It is totally fine as a time limited event, as a celebration to temporarily make players more excited for the game and make an effort to compete and earn greater rewards, the limited amount of time this is available makes it more exciting from a competing point of view.

However to leave it permanently would be a big mistake, the game is in need of increasing the challenge for long health longevity, not dillute it further.

P.S.
Roids wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:24 pm What would help too is to have shared Currency for Account, just differ for destro and order side.

That would be terrible, imagine farming crests on a BIS toon only to feed a low level character, super unfair to every new player wanting to try out the game. The sense of character progression would be completely eliminated.
Challenge of waking up at 4AM so you could get royal crests, such a challenge!

SpacefishPrime

Post#7 » Wed Jun 19, 2024 1:31 pm

akisnaakkeli wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:15 pm Imo there should be real midtier, one random tier that is not in the way of T4 would be announced. Under lvl 40 only with 3 tactics, Bolster to 39lvl.
I really like this idea in particular. There might not be the population to support it most of the time, but even if it only saw much action on weekends/during events it would be a welcome boon to the new player experience imho.

Rapzel

Post#8 » Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:05 pm

The original post sounds like an awful idea. It would mainly help the "try-hard" premades gear faster. The "casuals" get the occasional crest from kills sure, but they are rare compared to what a premade rakes in, so who's progression are you going to promote with this change? If a solo player gets 5 crests in 10 mins and a premade gets 50 in the same time and we distribute the crests evenly the premade player will get roughly 8, you double that and we have a wider gap.

You have individuals who have stated in the thread that this 2x event was bad for them as they only ran into "BiS premades", what would stop these premades if it was 2x all the time?

It would change nothing. Then again I only stand to gain from this change so what do I know.

Ads
Xiander

Post#9 » Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:38 pm

I do agree that while the double crests from kills would help everyone, it wouldn't have that huge impact on players who need the help most and that is the pug players or players who don't really take the game seriously.

I would like to see more renown for the zone locks, defenses and scenarios and just from trying to play the game since right now best way to gain renown and gear is by getting kills while i believe best way to get these should be helping the realm even if sometimes it means you pull the ram and end up getting farmed, you are still making the plays and keeping the game active and interesting.

More crests from zone locks (Maybe minimum crest gain?), bags,RvR week and from weekend scenario and i would make the tasks easier to finish also be it by only making it join 10 or 20 times scenarios and change in weekly RvR influence that you gain influence even if the zone was locked when you were offline.

Farrul

Post#10 » Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:22 am

Xiander wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:38 pmMore crests from zone locks (Maybe minimum crest gain?), bags,RvR week and from weekend scenario and i would make the tasks easier to finish also be it by only making it join 10 or 20 times scenarios and change in weekly RvR influence that you gain influence even if the zone was locked when you were offline.
Well without a significant grind, these games become dull quick imho, once there is nothing to grind for or progress(i.e bis characters) the character imho becomes less interesting and fun to engage with. The sense of accomplishment is also greater if one has to work more for their success. Each character should feel like a project on their own.

I could see crests increase a bit in bags though, 40 feels like a poor number in a gold bag. 55 crests would be a better number for Gold bags.

Another thing could be to add invader gear for RR 70+ characters in the gold bags, hence not everyone and their mother would feel more or less compelled to do Bastion stairs to unlock the final ward. Invader gear is not bought anyways and these sets would see a use.

Finally i would personally like to see Sov gear go back to their own currency(Royal Crests) tied to an endgame activity, it is kinda lame one can start farming the best gear in the game, SoV gear from lvl 1, especially since everyone unlocks the wards through pve and funnels everything into their Sov, people are almost afraid to invest into low tier armor and sets since SoV carrot on a stick dominates their war crest investments plans. This takes all the joy out from leveling a character and try stuff out.