Recent Topics

Ads

City Winner History?

Let's talk about... everything else
Alfa1986

Re: City Winner History?

Post#461 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:36 pm

Pulling through a barrier is the same as resurrection through the walls, in fact it is a "malicious" violation / hacking of game mechanics. whether this action affects the final result or does not in fact matter.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#462 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:39 pm

Spoiler:
Mordd wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:11 am
CountTalabecland wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:26 pm
Spoiler:
Mordd wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:18 am

right over your head. The comment was about those being acceptable decent classes in destro, but the order side is just bad.
Its more complicated than that when it comes to balance. Shaman and SH are both quite a bit better than their mirrors, Magus is solid in low numbers and WE is in the same boat as WH but has far easier target selection due to the squish most Order plays. But, yes, if you are playing Order right now the solution is not to play the overplayed and underpowered SW, WH, heal AM, and role something that hasn't been ruined or made useless or is spammed by smooth brained bots like Engi.
So the solution isnt that they should balance the damn game, and make the order classes as viable as the destro clases. But that order should all reroll to the few acceptable classes order can play. I really wish they would nerf your classes so i could return the favor and just tell you that you have to reroll and acceptable class.
Why do you think I rerolled Slayer to main over IB? Especially now that Axe Slam dump can be reduced by AoE morale nerf, especially now with the city meta, it was the right move. But yeah in fact I do think the solution is to reroll to what's competitive if staying competitive is your objective. I mean for how many years has SW been garbage now? Same goes for heal AM not being the best wb healer or for engi being too static/dead pet.

Not going to wait around boo hooing waiting for the devs to fix it, get busy playin or get busy dyin.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

M0rw47h

Post#463 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:55 pm

Lorsten wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:17 pm @M0rw47h
How can anyone blame the gear difference system in this game? Its the most friendly system of gearing in the mmos world, lol.
It literraly takes 2 weeks of participating in oRVR to get full vanq set+subj weapon, which is very competitive for almost all classes. U can get conq in 1-2 days and feel good in oRvR, you dont need to suffer in battlegrounds and arena with **** gear like in WoW, to get upgrade...
The advantage players have with gear upgrades is so low in this game, compared to others, where u can get BiS trinket or legendary pve weapon (comparing to WoW again) and your dps goes to the sky...
There is only few specific classes, who is very gear-dependent (dd DoKs for example).

Vanq is still amazing set for sorc/bw, heal zealot/RP.
About RR, you really dont need to be 80RR to be solid, the difference between 70 and 80 is not dramatic, again compared to other games (imagine player who spent twice more time playing this game only gets something like +3% crit, or 40 int, or 5%crit reduction).
Affter 70RR+Vanq level gear you get very little upgrades in terms of character power.
Playing MMO and saying there is much handicap between RR and gear lvl on ror is cringe.
What actualy is "cringe" is that you always respond when "banning" or "exploiting" is mentioned somewhere, like when we had talk about burning doors with zealot marks in Bene discord in the past. Don't you think?

Lorsten

Post#464 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:04 pm

I didnt write a word about barriers, gtdc, pulls etc. What are you even talking about?
And no, i didnt pay attention from what guild and discord you are. I respond when i have something to say, maybe its you, who always talk about bugs and exploits? Anyway, if i knew who you are i wouldnt even ask smth, sorry for inconvinience

Kwatchi
Suspended

Post#465 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:10 pm

Anyone get the score for last night’s (NA) IC? Most of the KoO logged off after FL because we could not be bothered and Dansaren is looking for the score for his spreadsheet.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

Sundowner

Post#466 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:12 pm

>2020
>playing cities instead of grinding low lvl PQs
enjoy the real good content guys

M0rw47h

Post#467 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:35 pm

Lorsten wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:04 pm I didnt write a word about barriers, gtdc, pulls etc. What are you even talking about?
And no, i didnt pay attention from what guild and discord you are. I respond when i have something to say, maybe its you, who always talk about bugs and exploits? Anyway, if i knew who you are i wouldnt even ask smth, sorry for inconvinience
I thought you simply try to change flow of discussion, if that wasn't your intent, take my apology.
Anyway, we have completly different look on gear progression in MMOs, as someone who spend his "MMO time" mostly in Ultima Online running naked around just with bag of reagents and ganking people, or playing sPvP in GW1, then a bit in GW2 where gear in PvP was equalized I simply prefer equality betwen players. I've no problem with gear myself (have multiple BiS or close to BiS geared characters), but I see around what I see - poorly geared players with low renown pool.

TrajanHammett

Post#468 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:37 pm

Kwatchi wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:10 pm Anyone get the score for last night’s (NA) IC? Most of the KoO logged off after FL because we could not be bothered and Dansaren is looking for the score for his spreadsheet.
Order 3 - Destro 8 if I recall correctly.

Ads
tefnaht

Post#469 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:21 pm

How can anyone blame the gear difference system in this game? Its the most friendly system of gearing in the mmos world, lol.
It literraly takes 2 weeks of participating in oRVR to get full vanq set+subj weapon, which is very competitive for almost all classes. U can get conq in 1-2 days and feel good in oRvR, you dont need to suffer in battlegrounds and arena with **** gear like in WoW, to get upgrade...
The advantage players have with gear upgrades is so low in this game, compared to others, where u can get BiS trinket or legendary pve weapon (comparing to WoW again) and your dps goes to the sky...
There is only few specific classes, who is very gear-dependent (dd DoKs for example).

About RR, you really dont need to be 80RR to be solid, the difference between 70 and 80 is not dramatic, again compared to other games (imagine player who spent twice more time playing this game only gets something like +3% crit, or 40 int, or 5%crit reduction).
Affter 70RR+Vanq level gear you get very little upgrades in terms of character power.
Playing MMO and saying there is much handicap between RR and gear lvl on ror is cringe.
One of the highlights in this topic - some classes have wb oriented design, some aren't. If you play on non-wb best choice class - you get worse than "WoW style grind" experience. Difference between vanq and sov is over 200 stat points minimum on 6 base pieces, if compare end game mix with vanc genesis beastlord mix diff will be much more. For sorc you don't needed 2 offensive base stats and on int cap you don't see dramatic changes in damage(if we calc full charge sorc bonuses into base stats - 35% for get 750 pure damage is a super low price, btw it's around 1000 base stat concentrated in offensive stats with really straightforward calc), but non-magic dd are more greedy to stats and on slayer(for example) you easily see diff from vanq to inv switch.

Foofmonger

Post#470 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:09 pm

tefnaht wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:21 pm

One of the highlights in this topic - some classes have wb oriented design, some aren't. If you play on non-wb best choice class - you get worse than "WoW style grind" experience. Difference between vanq and sov is over 200 stat points minimum on 6 base pieces, if compare end game mix with vanc genesis beastlord mix diff will be much more. For sorc you don't needed 2 offensive base stats and on int cap you don't see dramatic changes in damage(if we calc full charge sorc bonuses into base stats - 35% for get 750 pure damage is a super low price, btw it's around 1000 base stat concentrated in offensive stats with really straightforward calc), but non-magic dd are more greedy to stats and on slayer(for example) you easily see diff from vanq to inv switch.
It's extremely class dependent as well as to what is BIS gear and how much you have to grind as well. There's no "one size fits all classes" level of gearing, not all classes scale the same, nor do all classes need certain levels of gear to do things, i.e. some classes are more gear dependent than others. Some classes shoot for their Invader sets as "BIS or nearly BIS" and other classes skip them entirely. Some classes BIS gear is clearly sov/warlord, and sometimes it's not. Etc...