Re: Need help choosing a class

Post#11 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:43 pm

squig herder very fun to play as archer or as melee meat ball :D

Ads
anarchypark

Post#12 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:53 pm

Wodek wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:56 pm
I honestly don't know what I should think anymore. I read so much about all the classes and get so much mixed feelings. Just don't want to invest my already so small gaming time on a character that would be doomed to underperforming and not helping my mates at all

dps AM is for you. or dps shaman.
bursty against solo.
can help teams if u want.
but i don't understand you wanted dps burst yet wanna help team.
you can't have them all.
dps healer is most close to that,
require skilled player though
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

jvlosky

Post#13 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:02 pm

Best advice I can tell you is there is no best advice to picking a class. Some classes behave drastically different from t1 to t2/t3 to t4 and even beyond in sov gear. It is really a nasty circumstance of such a complex MMORPG.

Best I can say is try them all out to 16 and see which you like the feel of the most.

That said it seems like you want an Engineer if you are looking for ranged combat that is competitive. Go aoe grenadier spec and have a good time.

Wodek

Post#14 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:27 am

Well, an only ranged class don't appeal me so much. Would like a full melee or a hybrid. A good burst would be nice but what I like the most are mobile classes. That's why the Shadow Warrior appealed me at first, but heard later that it was underperforming.

Is the marauder kinda mobile or is it a slow class?

wildwindblows

Post#15 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:50 am

Wodek wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:27 am Well, an only ranged class don't appeal me so much. Would like a full melee or a hybrid. A good burst would be nice but what I like the most are mobile classes. That's why the Shadow Warrior appealed me at first, but heard later that it was underperforming.

Is the marauder kinda mobile or is it a slow class?
You can pick dps bo/bg or dps dok instead of mara. These classes hit better than mara and they has some extra advantages. Dps BO has really nice brust and more tankier than mara. Dps BG almost cover marauders st debuffs aoe wise. Dps Dok has really nice life steal abilities and bring survability for entire team. Mara mobile but slow compared to dps dok
As you aldready know, mara debuff abilities and some of the tactics nerfed so hard. Still you can prefer for wb play.

Noslock

Post#16 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:57 am

The marauder nerfed to the ground part made me laugh so much..... Its the best mdps destro side if you have both hands working....and no dps tank will ever come close to the damage of a marauder..

wildwindblows

Post#17 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:04 am

Noslock wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:57 am The marauder nerfed to the ground part made me laugh so much..... Its the best mdps destro side if you have both hands working....and no dps tank will ever come close to the damage of a marauder..
In current meta dps dok and bo better than mara and dps bg covers all debuffs of marauder aoe wise. Marauder is jack of all trade master of none class. He can do anything but not the best.

Noslock

Post#18 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:50 am

if u say so

jack of all trade master of none class.....it's called learn to play
a 2h tank will never take a dps spot inside a proper wb and if anyone wants to go around solo its 100 times better to roll a ranged class even better if dps healer.
Last edited by Noslock on Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
wildwindblows

Post#19 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:57 am

Noslock wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:50 am if u say so

jack of all trade master of none class.....it's called learn to play
Yeah, I'm doing the highest damage in cities too with monstro mara. Monstro mara really shines in city wb. We are talking about solo roam here. Demolition and Wrecking ball has no target cap so it is normal to doing highest damage in city. I mean mara's aoe damage is not the best but it hits all order in range. And your damage in the screenshots comes from here. I've already mentioned about how powerfull monstro mara in wb. But still you can't mislead ppl with your premade group screenshots. City is required to be organized and most of wb fail against slayer train. Spamming demolition won't be mara the best class. You need to learn about target cap more and where this damage comes from.
Last edited by wildwindblows on Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Noslock

Post#20 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:00 pm

Solo roamin on a melee class is pure pain.Go dps heal and enjoy the farm.