Recent Topics

Ads

The Great Healer Debate - Armor vs. Wounds

Let's talk about... everything else
Toggle

Re: The Great Healer Debate - Armor vs. Wounds

Post#41 » Sun May 10, 2020 1:53 pm

Nameless wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 1:16 pm Sentinel ring, Gunbad ring, sov, wl backs are all good but my build is abit for more casual players cos it is easy to reach and made without full time comitment.

so my stats without any pots and buffs + 660 armor from racial tactic.

To that you could add 80 wp, 660 armor for basic pots and 80 toughness from self ress rune

jewellery that i use is
[Runed Beads of Repose]
chaos/empire t4 inf reward imo must have
[Beastlord Runed Beads]
with other 2 beastlord items (back and pocket) you get 225 additional armor from set bonus
[Icon of the Mender]
just good stats, it require some fight with rng system but you nay be lucky
[Shadowy Ring of Warpstone]
this one is tricky and no idea if ppl could get it nowadays, before it was price from permanent rat event

soon i will drop some avoidance and will add toughness 70/120 so will end up with 460ish with invader around 550

ps staff is [Apostle's Runestaff of Glory] best ingame item for weapon slot for all backline healers
armor is full vanq + 3 bl, talis are some iniative, some toughness and some wounds
You cheater RPs don't count with your extra 660 armor.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Ads
Zxul

Post#42 » Sun May 10, 2020 6:34 pm

jtj5002 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 6:35 pm
Zxul wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 4:43 pm My dok, 843 toughness and 3 k armor/-5% armor pen:

Armor is overrated.

Me against the exact same WL with 4.4k armor -11 % armor pen

Toughness is overrated.
In addition to what others said- now lets test vs a bw?
Nameless wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:32 am Most healers make mistake to use genesis set pieces which is quite poor on def.
Depends on which genesis- at least doks can use toughness set, 2 parts net you 48 toughness, 24 init, and 61 wounds.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Nameless

Post#43 » Sun May 10, 2020 7:46 pm

Zxul wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 6:34 pm
Nameless wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:32 am Most healers make mistake to use genesis set pieces which is quite poor on def.
Depends on which genesis- at least doks can use toughness set, 2 parts net you 48 toughness, 24 init, and 61 wounds.
ment backline healers which share willpower bonus and from jewls mostly willpower and avoidance which much or less are worthless nowadays
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

jtj5002

Post#44 » Sun May 10, 2020 10:16 pm

Zxul wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 6:34 pm In addition to what others said- now lets test vs a bw?
We sure can, althrough I do not care/worry about BWs in cities where the only real threats are melee train and moral bombs.
Dok Mileycyruuus
BG Mileycyruus
Chosen Mileycyrusdad

jtj5002

Post#45 » Mon May 11, 2020 8:55 pm

My current DoK setup if I had the gold for 8x 180. Ideally I would run 3 piece ranked chest/belt/boots for 5% more reduced crit and 2% heal crits and more wound instead of the 3 invaders. With DoK's constant self shield I definitely think armor is the way to go against the current melee train meta once you are around 8-9k hp with ligiment to survive moral bombs. I know some full bombing wbs might still run full wounds on their doks tho.

As for zealots, I think wound is probably better as they don't really have enough base armor for it it to make a difference.
Thanks/credit to Omegus for the awesome spreadsheet.
Last edited by jtj5002 on Tue May 12, 2020 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dok Mileycyruuus
BG Mileycyruus
Chosen Mileycyrusdad

Toggle

Post#46 » Tue May 12, 2020 12:03 am

jtj5002 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:55 pm My current DoK setup if I had the gold for 8x 180. Ideally I would run 3 piece ranked chest/belt/boots for 5% more reduced crit and 2% heal crits and more wound instead of the 3 invaders. With DoK's constant self shield I definitely think armor is the way to go against the current melee train meta once you are around 8-9k hp with ligiment to survive moral bombs. I know some full bombing wbs might still run full wounds on their doks tho.

As for zealots, I think wound is probably better as they don't really have enough base armor for it it to make a difference.
Thanks to Omegus for the awesome spreadsheet.
It's exactly what I was looking for. 10/10!
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Fey

Post#47 » Tue May 12, 2020 12:34 am

Can someone explain the spreadsheet results as if I'm a hugh-mon being? If i'm a zealot approaching Sov. should I bother slotting 164 armor talis? I'm not Hugh Hefner's ghost after all.

I was a wounds-tali-on-healer person until I allowed myself to be convinced of armor's effectiveness. Should I dis-abuse myself of that notion? Use more hyphens people.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

R3xz

Post#48 » Tue May 12, 2020 12:46 am

Fey wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:34 am Can someone explain the spreadsheet results as if I'm a hugh-mon being? If i'm a zealot approaching Sov. should I bother slotting 164 armor talis? I'm not Hugh Hefner's ghost after all.

I was a wounds-tali-on-healer person until I allowed myself to be convinced of armor's effectiveness. Should I dis-abuse myself of that notion? Use more hyphens people.
Just go with wound primarily as a zealot.

Your base armor is too low as a cloth armor type class anyway for more armor to make a big difference due to armor penetration and debuff. If you make your own calculation and substitue the most armor you can reach as a zealot with sov gear you can compare the difference with the armor pen and debuff you'll be facing in that spreadsheet. Already I can tell that most of the armor you try to stack will be easily nullified by those skills the enemy will be using.

Ads
Fey

Post#49 » Tue May 12, 2020 12:50 am

I imagine that wounds performs better with, Embrace the Warp. I usually have that ability to pop when under real pressure. That's obviously the zealot's oh shiz button. Is this the case?
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

R3xz

Post#50 » Tue May 12, 2020 12:53 am

https://youtu.be/RK6W5UbB6gE

If you look at Sunglass' build (one of the top zealot players, even if he's a filthy mouse clicker... smh) he basically went full wound on everything (except one of his pieces has 180 armor talis on it for some reason)...
Last edited by R3xz on Tue May 12, 2020 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.