Recent Topics

Ads

Warfront Weekends.

Let's talk about... everything else
M0rw47h

Re: Warfront Weekends.

Post#21 » Fri May 08, 2020 5:42 pm

rameden wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:31 pm What I would love to see is: If a group queues as a premade they get put vs other groups queuing as a premade. Yes they may have to wait longer but that's on them.
I don't want wait longer to play game, just because PUGs are LAZY.

Ads
toffikx

Post#22 » Fri May 08, 2020 8:15 pm

There could be pug weekend warfronts and pug cities. Then there would be premade weekend warfronts and premade cities.
Premade versions would give increased/new rewards. And if there would not be enough premades around, then the groups would be able to quque for the pug version aswell.
Or something like that.

Foofmonger

Post#23 » Fri May 08, 2020 8:18 pm

Me want reward, me no want to have to try for it.

Great thread.

CountTalabecland

Post#24 » Fri May 08, 2020 8:36 pm

Can confirm that Cairn warfront has devolved back into destro farming Order crap groups.

I don’t think I’ve had more than 1tank guard my Slayer and follow me in a scen today in 4 hours of scens. I think there was 1 where I was well guarded.

Every other tank charged destro to go attempt to 1v1 their tanks. Order’s got a lot of issues. Not least of which is tanks running around in Vanq not knowing or caring to guard.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Foofmonger

Post#25 » Fri May 08, 2020 8:40 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 8:36 pm Can confirm that Cairn warfront has devolved back into destro farming Order crap groups.

I don’t think I’ve had more than 1tank guard my Slayer and follow me in a scen today in 4 hours of scens. I think there was 1 where I was well guarded.

Every other tank charged destro to go attempt to 1v1 their tanks. Order’s got a lot of issues. Not least of which is tanks running around in Vanq not knowing or caring to guard.
I pug SCs on destro and I fight order groups who win all the time.... we also win plenty. It's fairly balanced.

Maybe the problem is that you never group, therefore you never play with all the good Order who is grouped? And therefore you have 0 visibility into scenarios that Order wins, because you are part of the issue of why you are losing? Or is that too much introspection?

Do people seriously pug and expect dedicated guards and heals? That's not how it works. I love pugging on my Mara, but I don't expect my team to do anything or be anything, and sometimes we are just all dps, that's what happens when you pug, you roll a dice. Most pugs you don't get guards or good heals, that's kind of the entire reality of what a pug is?

SaintRon

Post#26 » Fri May 08, 2020 11:26 pm

Why not just join one of the group's recruiting? If it bothers you.

One thing I've noticed is that the ultra try hard pugstompers are usually done by EoD Friday. When the Ekrund weekend happened I did well enough solo that I can't make a good argument for requiring for the event to be pug only. I was 8/10 on my magus with 1 stomp and 1 really close as my only losses. I did this on Saturday afternoon US EST.

I'm not some amazing player... just have a plan and go at it. For me I back capped and tried to ambush people coming back.

CountTalabecland

Post#27 » Sat May 09, 2020 2:04 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 8:40 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 8:36 pm Can confirm that Cairn warfront has devolved back into destro farming Order crap groups.

I pug SCs on destro and I fight order groups who win all the time.... we also win plenty. It's fairly balanced.

Maybe the problem is that you never group, therefore you never play with all the good Order who is grouped? And therefore you have 0 visibility into scenarios that Order wins, because you are part of the issue of why you are losing? Or is that too much introspection?

Do people seriously pug and expect dedicated guards and heals? That's not how it works. I love pugging on my Mara, but I don't expect my team to do anything or be anything, and sometimes we are just all dps, that's what happens when you pug, you roll a dice. Most pugs you don't get guards or good heals, that's kind of the entire reality of what a pug is?
I pug as my IB and I am dedicated guard and I kick ass at it. Same goes for when I pug as RP. Its not that hard to play your basic mechanic.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

YourDarling

Post#28 » Sat May 09, 2020 8:38 pm

Ofc it's easy to say "find your premade grp and you solve all your problem's". But for me it's the problem, i dont have static premade or friends from irl that i play with. In my guild there no ppl for playing midtier with(im lvling toon). And As a dps it's rly hard to find grp on order side. While im in prem grp all ok(it's rly rare times). but while im soloing 95% games losing with crashing disadvantage. So if it's event for all why i cant comfortable participate in it? I know that RoR is hardcore and mercyless but also thinks that make warfront pug versions it's good idea for all. Even for some destro players aswell.

before start trolling i wanna say that ive already have 2 high lvl heals and 2 tanks, so i know about partyfriendly gaming and teamwork.

Ads
Omegus

Post#29 » Sat May 09, 2020 8:49 pm

Altheion wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 1:34 pmallowing premade no-lifers that prefer to play games with as little effort and skill as possible
This is peak peonwave.

FYI it takes more skill to actually be organised and work together as a team and use your abilities to the fullest and that skill is rewarded if you end up facing people who don't put in the effort.

The game is designed around group play. I used to be a soloer and got farmed. Decided to do something about it. Now generally I either get easy wins vs pugs (yay) or good fights vs other premades (yay) when I can bring myself to do scenarios.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot