Recent Topics

Ads

Ranked. how it is popular?

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: So actually the question is do you play ranked and how often?

1. I play only ranked
7%
2. I often play
15%
3. I play several times a day
11%
4. I play several times a week
13%
5. I rarely play
17%
6. i never play
32%
7. what is it?
4%
Total votes: 99

Telen
Suspended

Re: Ranked. how it is popular?

Post#21 » Wed May 06, 2020 1:16 pm

Alfa1986 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:57 pm I think that if at least 50-100 people vote, it will already be a very good sample from population of the server.
It isnt people here you need to know about though. Its the majority of players that dont read the forums and arent queueing.

Personally I think its as simple as why play 6v6 ranked in a game that not balanced around 6v6. There are plenty of arena games that are balanced that you could play and get instant games.

Ads
Asherdoom

Post#22 » Wed May 06, 2020 2:25 pm

Telen wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:16 pm
Alfa1986 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:57 pm I think that if at least 50-100 people vote, it will already be a very good sample from population of the server.
It isnt people here you need to know about though. Its the majority of players that dont read the forums and arent queueing.

Personally I think its as simple as why play 6v6 ranked in a game that not balanced around 6v6. There are plenty of arena games that are balanced that you could play and get instant games.
this ame is "barely" balanced in rvr imagine in 6v6. You would see only the FOTM classes worth getting into that is why no one consider them even though they promise good rewards. First balance game around 6v6 then you will see ppl joining scenarios. Honestly would have been better consider balance instead of adding useless content to the game by my humble POV.

Ilthay

Post#23 » Wed May 06, 2020 2:27 pm

I que ranked solo daily since the recent update. I can appreciate the pairing system needing tweaked, but I can be patient while that is being worked on. Ranked solo has been mostly very intense pvp, and I thoroughly enjoy it.

Foofmonger

Post#24 » Wed May 06, 2020 2:30 pm

I've been doing ranked solo multiple days per week but not every day. It's been quite fun so far. The only major issues I've had so far are dcs screwing up matches (not sure what we can do about that), and some extremely tryhard toxic players who don't know how basic social skills work, but assuming you don't get these awful people it's very fun.

The rewards are useless for my class, so I just do it for fun.

Illuminati

Post#25 » Wed May 06, 2020 2:48 pm

lurrajo wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:14 pm I feel it needs better rewards. Not better in the sense of stats but something really desirable like a cool weapon skin or something new to get people to que.
+1

Skins which are readily available off of NPCs and the population would go up. Earn Ezra's Cloak/Shoulders, etc.

I would like to play it more but don't get pops due to the small queue population.
————————————————
Destro: Killamanjaro (80+ Choppa) / Killamanjaroo (70+ DoK) / Unsworn (70+ Chosen) / Illuminatii (60+ Blackguard) / Killaman (80+ Squig)
Order: ?

Bugs reported: 6

sogeou

Post#26 » Wed May 06, 2020 2:54 pm

Most people I know would NEVER touch ranked. No thanks. Need more things like Thunder Valley. That means you need to think instead of aoe choppa. Also harder to zerg stuff down.

toffikx

Post#27 » Wed May 06, 2020 3:56 pm

The thing with solo ranked is that you play alone with 5 other random people. In a mode where the biggest satisfaction comes from coordinated team-effort. Compare it to cities, joining solo with 23 random people you dont know and fighting against another 24 random people, will not be as fun or challenging as 2 (more or less equal) premades fighting each other. If there will be rewards for premade 6v6 in the future, we'll see.

That said, i'm not complaining and it's a fun addition to the game. And it can play an important role in the future, along with "normal" scenarios. Because the project will inevitably come to a point where all original game content is realased. And when that point is reached, well then what? Then there probably will be some kind of need for repetitive game solutions. We have that in the form of guild coins for mounts, talismans from PvE. Now with seasons, that do not only need to be for ranked but also for "normal" sc's, there's a big opportunity to extend that repetitive cycle with "endless" gameplay.

Also RvR will need something like this aswell. Saw someone write about ladder cities, that could be one thing. Maybe seasons in cities aswell? Then i'd guess you would need something for normal zones aswell, but what would that be? Rewards for x rvr kills, keeps taken, fights won ( i've no clue how that would be calculated but that's just an idea).

Sorry for the derailing, just my 2c. Don't hit me.

lyncher12

Post#28 » Wed May 06, 2020 4:05 pm

it needs less strict mmr matching honestly. the issue on day 1 wasnt necessarily the "low mmr" players being matched against "high mmr" players but the mercenary gear aoe engineers and such.

Ads
Toonman

Post#29 » Wed May 06, 2020 4:24 pm

Never played it, no interest in playing it, but I enjoy watching it when it's streamed by someone.