Recent Topics

Ads

What are the best/meta classes for pvp?

Let's talk about... everything else
courtsdad1

Re: What are the best/meta classes for pvp?

Post#11 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:09 am

DirkDaring wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:01 pm
MarinCro1999 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:07 pm
Glorian wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:32 pm Most classes have usability in a wb.

In Open RvR less desired are:

We/Wh
WL
More then one Magus/Engi
BG/IB
SW

This changes though in city fights with which are 24vs24.

From the above list high ST damage classes work on a good player that can burst down targets.

So WL, We, WH, SW in assault spec are put in the WB if they are on an experienced player with high RR.

Always desired are regardless of rvr or city:

Chosen/Kotbs
WP/Dok
Zealot/RP

You can put these in a wb from 1-8

Everything else like choppa/Slayer, marauder, BO, SM, Melee squigs.... have their Place but depending on meta or current gear change sometimes in numbers. For example recently BW/specs are less desired in cities as classical bombing doesn't work in cities.
Thank you for the detailed response, I think I will give either WP or DoK a go,the mele healer concept seems interesting.

Theres nothing wrong with grace or wrath WP, and they are fun to play, however be prepared for a lot of hate, and tanks will not guard you at times, etc just to be a ass ,

People playing this game feel that if you roll a healer, you job is to do nothing but follow them around, and spam heals and cleanse , so their gaming exp can be more fun, if you are having fun or not, doesn't matter.

Ive played healer, melee hybrids in every mmo since 1999, and while I do spam heal, and heal rez outside of my WB, There are many healers that do not , I have never created a character for the sole purpose of being a heal bot, and making sure someone else has fun playing the game

I would get 2 sets of gear , 1 heal based , and 1 melee based , some of the best gear for grace, and wrath come from crypts,tunnels , and Bastion stairs, as well as Sov off, mix . in order to get the gear from crypts/tunn, and BS you will need to be heal speced anyway, and carry it with you

Just because you are melee speced doesnt mean you cant swap into heal set if you notice your team, etc is low on actual healers, etc.
Well said and good advice.

Ads
Sofong

Post#12 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:49 am

engi/magus prolly the best all around class.

Ruscour

Post#13 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:37 am

Sofong wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:49 am engi/magus prolly the best all around class.
As in they get to stand all around their capital cities while the rest are in organised warbands?

Seriously though even though they have a strong niche I definitely wouldn't say they're at a particularly strong place in the meta given the standard is to bring just one
ruscur - RR6x Shaman <Art of Execution>
From Australia or nearby countries less cool? Join our Asia Pacific discord community!

R3xz

Post#14 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:22 am

I would say that Engi/Magus is much stronger in SC and 6 man/roaming group. But yea in a meta setup for a WB they are in a lackluster state atm.

wachlarz

Post#15 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:46 am

Tank that dont die last. Healer that dont run when hitted by only tank. 1 dps attack whole enemy party. Rest is fine.

SaintRon

Post#16 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:21 am

Just because you chose the "DPS" spec doesn't actually mean you aren't supposed to be healing. It's just the method of healing that changes and that you do a little more damage.

M0rw47h

Post#17 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:27 am

SaintRon wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:21 am Just because you chose the "DPS" spec doesn't actually mean you aren't supposed to be healing. It's just the method of healing that changes and that you do a little more damage.
WP/DoK dps specs are considered a DPS not Healers in ranked SC for a reason.

Arthem

Post#18 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:48 am

If you want to heal you can't go wrong with Chalice dok / Book WP. Other good classes are IB, Chosen, Kotbs, Rune priest, Zealot. If you wanna play dps and you have a group slayer is good, if no group WL / Mara will be better.

Ads
R3xz

Post#19 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:53 am

M0rw47h wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:27 am
SaintRon wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:21 am Just because you chose the "DPS" spec doesn't actually mean you aren't supposed to be healing. It's just the method of healing that changes and that you do a little more damage.
And to be specific, DPS DoK (dual wield)'s healing output to team mates is super low, aside from selfheal from Rend Soul.

The dps healing spec is with the shield, but I duno how effective it is compare to chalice builds.

SaintRon

Post#20 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:48 pm

R3xz wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:53 am
M0rw47h wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:27 am
And to be specific, DPS DoK (dual wield)'s healing output to team mates is super low, aside from selfheal from Rend Soul.

The dps healing spec is with the shield, but I duno how effective it is compare to chalice builds.
Does rend soul have kind of tactic that boosts self healing or something? Because rend soul can heal others too.