Recent Topics

Ads

Faction restriction.

Let's talk about... everything else
Korsario

Re: Faction restriction.

Post#11 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:51 pm

Make accounts locked to one side, enforce single account per IP.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#12 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:07 pm

Grock wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:59 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:46 pm I really disagree, and even consider lockout too short.
In the past, we've seen guilds switching realm just to push fort, so they can relog back on their main faction to defend it during no population limit times. We had even leader of one of those guilds joining us on discord to shout at us nonsense like "WHY ARE YOU DEFENDING, WE LOGGED DESTRO TO GIVE YOU FORT, CONVINCE ORDER TO STOP RESISTING, WE NEED THOSE MEDALIONS!!!" - awful experience.
That isn't a faction switch problem, thats a reward structure problem.
That sounds like a GM problem... to solve.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#13 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:12 pm

Korsario wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:51 pm Make accounts locked to one side, enforce single account per IP.
I guess those who are more than 1 in the same box would love that. Let me ask my Kids i tehy agree to play on my account (4 free slots), on the side i play.

Grock

Post#14 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:06 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:07 pm
Grock wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:59 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:46 pm I really disagree, and even consider lockout too short.
In the past, we've seen guilds switching realm just to push fort, so they can relog back on their main faction to defend it during no population limit times. We had even leader of one of those guilds joining us on discord to shout at us nonsense like "WHY ARE YOU DEFENDING, WE LOGGED DESTRO TO GIVE YOU FORT, CONVINCE ORDER TO STOP RESISTING, WE NEED THOSE MEDALIONS!!!" - awful experience.
That isn't a faction switch problem, thats a reward structure problem.
That sounds like a GM problem... to solve.
In extreme cases like that - yes of course. But there's an underlying design flaw that motivates people to do that, and it should be fixed or the problem will persist.
Endgame rewards are locked to final campaign stages => people do what they can to reach nearest final stage.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)