Recent Topics

Ads

We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Let's talk about... everything else
Darosh
Banned

Re: We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Post#151 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:48 am

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:05 am
mursaat1337 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:04 am so is torque's powers are still gone? call that a success if aza sacrificed himself to do so. RIP.
That's really not how it works, no. That just burns a lot of people that trusted Aza to be a part of the team.
What does Torque have on you ~ just how do you people profit?

Is there nasty stuff hidden in the client?
Where is the last trope to be found and the prophecy to be fullfilled?

Abbd.:
When you rambled on about peoole taking the code hostage, was that a plea for help ~ a sort of twisted freudian slip?
We all know that Aza is incapable of that; his level of self-critiscm, doubt and thrive to act on principle rather than on a fluke is unrivaled.
He isn't necessarily stable, but he most certainly is no threat to anyone but himself. Unlike the individual that you, for inexplicable reasons, continue to protect.

Do you do what you do because you think you have no other choice?
You are old enough to know that whatever it is, it'll come out eventually - there might be a tiny bit of hope that you can ride it out and things magically change for the better, they won't.
You are needlessly dragging it out and make it worse.

How does it feel do be made a pawn?
Do you enjoy being Torque's human shield?

E: Spelling.
Last edited by Darosh on Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:23 am, edited 4 times in total.

Ads
Toldavf

Post#152 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:58 am

Well this is very tragic, the fact that things have come to this end is hugely disappointing.

Things where looking up but this is completely disheartening, I initially rejoined WAR to meet old friends and I managed meet meet a few like Dani, Rune, Kenzing, Moko, the list goes on.
I even made some new friends to play with and that was a blast.

It's a shame.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

anarchypark

Post#153 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:04 am

I don't read all the trolls.
but I'm sensing bunch of quitters want to remove a dev they don't like.

protest only work when reasons are just.
all your reasons were nothing but whine.
slightest value were buried in hostile.

constructive criticism.
that's what you've failed.
after that you gone personal attack.

now butt hurt ppl want what?
that's not even revenge.
it's lynch, witch hunt.
you know how witch hunt go?
they look for next target.

stay strong team.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

mursaat1337

Post#154 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:18 am

Darosh wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:48 am
mursaat1337 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:04 am so is torque's powers are still gone? call that a success if aza sacrificed himself to do so. RIP.
That's really not how it works, no. That just burns a lot of people that trusted Aza to be a part of the team.

community speaks volumes of their perception of torque, and perception is reality. if you treat your product like crap, you're gonna get crap results. i mean the bottle can only hold so much, just took a q and a to make the top pop off.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#155 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:22 am

Abbd.:
When you rambled on about peoole taking the code hostage, was that a plea for help?
We all know that Aza is incapable of that; his level of self-critiscm, doubt and thrive to act on principle rather than on a fluke is unrivaled.
He isn't necessarily stable, but he most certainly is no threat to anyone but himself. Unlike the individual that you, for inexplicable reasons, continue to protect.

Do you do what you do because of think you have no other choice?
You are old enough to know that whatever it is, it'll come out eventually - there might be a tiny bit of hope that you can ride it out and things magically change for the better, they won't.

If you're implying the only end game for the longevity of the server is removing Torque, then I will disagree and we will continue on regardless. Like many other instances of people expressing their opinion, Az simply went about it in the worst possible way and the results were exactly what he expected. They were exactly what he expected because this is how we, and any sane arbitrators of a service or workplace, deal with ultimatums and public attacks.

How it rolls out might take a day or two. He opted to go silent immediately afterwards. We've tried contacting him.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

catholicism198

Post#156 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:23 am

anarchypark wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:04 am I don't read all the trolls.
but I'm sensing bunch of quitters want to remove a dev they don't like.

protest only work when reasons are just.
all your reasons were nothing but whine.
slightest value were buried in hostile.

constructive criticism.
that's what you've failed.
after that you gone personal attack.

now butt hurt ppl want what?
that's not even revenge.
it's lynch, witch hunt.
you know how witch hunt go?
they look for next target.

stay strong team.
Nah. There are solid reasons why people feel the way they do.
It's also far from a witch hunt. You can't call it a witch hunt when there's incontrovertible proof.

I thought they were having trouble with the server. Had no idea they brought down the counter themselves....

Darosh
Banned

Post#157 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:38 am

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:22 am

Abbd.:
When you rambled on about peoole taking the code hostage, was that a plea for help?

If you're implying the only end game for the longevity of the server is removing Torque, then I will disagree and we will continue on regardless. Like many other instances of people expressing their opinion, Az simply went about it in the worst possible way and the results were exactly what he expected. They were exactly what he expected because this is how we, and any sane arbitrators of a service or workplace, deal with ultimatums and public attacks.

How it rolls out might take a day or two. He opted to go silent immediately afterwards. We've tried contacting him.
I don't care about whether Torque gets removed or not. You are missing the point entirely.
You are on a leash, it is impossible that YOU feel comfortable being bombarded by the community for what he does ~ you can't tell me that you've signed up to this project to babysit him; to become his quite literal human shield.

You haven't responded to any of my previous posts in spite of them being harsh critiscm of your actions, why is that?
You feel uncomfortable about the situation, don't you?
You would have acted and dealt with it if you have had a chance, no?

So what is it, is the above a hint?

mursaat1337

Post#158 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:43 am

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:22 am

Abbd.:

colin kap made a controversial protest just like aza did, wait till aza gets his nike deal.

Ads
Abubu76

Post#159 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:01 am

Hello,

I just started to play 2 weeks ago. I'm having a blast and I love all the work you have done so far.
I waited the Q'n'A, mostly interested with classes balance question. But almost none was answered :(
I didn't know there was so much drama between the devs, it make me sad...

It's like you are eating the best apple of your life, and when you look at it closely, you find nasty shitty worms staring at you.

I hope you'll find peace and friendship. What doesn't kill you make you stronger.

Take care and keep cool guys :)

daniilpb

Post#160 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:15 am

This is really heartbreaking.
I was really hyped and inspired when I saw so many changes came live. That was really promising to hear from people that there was a man in the team who would do things and would listen to you.
I did participate quite a lot in the server’s life: from video content (anyway it was heatlhy for the server in the end because it has provided some advertising and basic entertainment) to feedback, active balance forum participation (I’ve become a f-cking meme for the amount of my proposals, I bet, I am in top 3 people creating proposals, actually I’ve being leveling classes to 40/40+ to test them in competitive environment only to be able to provide useful feedback — at the end of the day I’ve tried to express my opinion in the way devs would like to see, I always believed silly wine in patchnotes and game chats won’t change anything) and testing of the whole pve stuff from Gunbad to 22ch PQs. For some things I got even rewarded and threated respectfully. Long story short, I was loyal to the project as much as a average community member could be. That’s why it’s really heartbreaking for me to see people leaving the server, stagnation and witch-hunt. I am concerned about the state the game now. I really don’t want to see Stalehammer again especially when it doesn’t matter how hard I try to test things and provide feedback. It’s just discouraging and frustrating.
Last edited by daniilpb on Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage