server pop

Let's talk about... everything else
RuffRyder

Re: server pop

Post#31 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:49 am

Grobbok wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:27 pm
Spoiler:
RuffRyder wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:12 am
Grobbok wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:26 amYou are fighting, sieging, killing an enemy, but there is no bigger goal, no true campaign
Endless fighting sometimes is boring, but part of the same and there are alternatives like SCs, PvE, Gunbad, PQs, yadayada... there will be more PvE content plus fortresses coming, just takes time.
Grobbok wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:26 amNext thing is that this game here, as on live, have a strange system of rewards: you can fight for 3-4 or more hours and get nothing (coz enemy took keep, or you must end the game) or you just staying on a flag and do nothing to get rewards.
You do not lose contribution and loot when logging out, just when xrealming. Plus consider this:
https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/inde ... ntribution
I am RvR-leveling several toons and very rarely didn't get bag.
Grobbok wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:26 amSo maybe this things and many more (like "magic of WL" ) forced people to leave the server.
While blaming one carreer is pointless and just not true, there are issues with the class. I stopped playing mine when it used to get too much easymode though.
it's sad, but you totally not understand my point
looks like you and me are playing is a different game
I don't think we are playing a different game, but obviously have different kinds of motivation, or ways to approach certain goals, or maybe just our understanding of success differs. All that is fully OK and I don't totally disagree with your opinion, I even agree with part of them, but I keep reading complaints about how good is has been before and why, while I mostly can't follow those opinions.

I'm not the type for reading and writing walls of text, so I will keep it short. Yali's posts are full of passion and sum up the situation nearly as best as possible i think, e.g. this:
Yaliskah wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:35 am Some ppl have reached their maximum and dont see the point to play with others cause wont have anything more to win atm. Thats a curious point of view, according they complain it is hard to reach high rank and gear. Personnaly i understand they complain to have everything faster to finally stop playing. Odd.
Anyone see the absurdity in this kind of players' opinion?

To sum it up, a game should be fun playing, but without making progress for the effort one puts in, it wouldn't last long and I can honestly confirm that whenever you contribute enough in e.g. RvR - yesterday in Reik was another good example: 2 hours fight, lots of fun, bunch of RR/INF, gold bag - will always get rewarded, last not least with all the RR/INF gained from killing plus 20k RR lord plus 10k RR lock where a mid-tier toon makes 2/3 of full zone INF. And that it just a simple PuG example (organized by leaders tbh), not an exception, at least for EU prime.

I don't know how many ppl just make statistics about their zone participation, but I think if we did, the picture would not look as bad as some people keep saying.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Ads
daniilpb

Post#32 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:10 am

High rank and gear is the only way to go in competitive environment. It's basically a start point. Some classes can't even start functioning properly until 60+ RR (it's unpopular classes mostly which have to get their spot in small scale through pain and tears).
Since most of players were forced in some kind to stick to their classes up to 70 RR and BIS gear (especially if they needed Dom gear that was much harder to get than Conq gear), it's become even harder to bring new toons. Usually you just have to pug sc or afk in RvR nonstop because you can't compete until "start point". Thank God if you won't be completely exhausted when you get to this point.
Maybe lack of competition in this game is for good after all
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Crust

Post#33 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:54 am

To OP:
Any mmo forum is always filled with prophets who declare doom is upon the virtual lands they roam. Those are just opinions (usually devoid of any truth and loaded with bias) so ill drop some facts, in europe the summer is nice and hot atm, its also finals time for high school/college and soon uni aswell. This is followed very shortly by alot of folks going on vacation or just enjoying the summertime.
The very same thing happened every year in any mmo i have ever played, 'omg everyone quit playing, this game is dead' followed by 'nerf this class!!' in September, business as usual :D

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#34 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:04 am

@danilpb

We are aware a HUGE work has to be done with progression system. We know how much it is important, and we know it can enhanced in many ways. Time and patience is the key.

I mentionned it in page 2 (#13) of this thread.

anarchypark

Post#35 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:45 pm

mynie wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:55 pm
Spoiler:
Yaliskah wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:35 am New ORvR system.
According i designed it, according i play it, the biggest difference between old system and newest is the dynamic even a part is missing to finish the general rework (supply drop on kills). This version is much more dynamic. Once again, many ppl complain about "zerg".
All my Warhammer Online experience has encountered the Zerg. Accusing the actual system of this is just dishonest. I don't remember to see the "Zorgbus" right here. So whatever the system, zerg will be around. It is a player choice. I play with 4-6 buddies in the lake and strangely, we find nice fights here and there. Some ppl would like to see the ORvR as a 1vs1 place maybe. They should take a look to check what ORvR means.
I respect the fact that you tried to split the zerg, trying is always a good thing.

But i really disagree on the fact that the "new" rvr system might be more dynamic than the previous one.

It feels like the current system puts emphasis on holding BO.. and that thing in itself is not really.. dynamic.

Waiting at some point and defend it was already the kind of mechanics we had at keeps, so it feels a bit redundant with the BO-hold mechanics.
The old mechanics was actually way more dynamic as you could capture and roam from point to point, instead of just... waiting.
It's also very hard to start working on a new zone with low population. it's probably one of the reason why the secondary zones are almost always empty... as.. staying alone on a bo.. doing nothing but getting small ticks is not really entertaining.

Cheers

raising flag is invitation of fight.
saying all over the zone that 'I'm here. come get me.'
you can see enemies calling too.
if they ignore your invitation, pay them visit.
resources are secondary bonus in this case.

both side ignoring enemy?
that's player fault.
tell me why they doing it. I'm curious.
2BO vs 2BO. It's sign to take initiative.

there are times when resources are priority.
that's when you defend BO.
good enemies will come to stop you.
bad ones will sit on another BO. while I get resources which was goal in this case.
their fault, I can't fix them.

so tell me plz, why do you sit on BO while others are actively seeking fight?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Rodek

Post#36 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:23 pm

If a supply system is implemented that means that in some way resources contributing to zone lock is coming back? Is that a fair assessment?

Let me ask this then, is there a reason that SCs cannot contribute also towards zone locking? It accomplishes the same goal and for those than enjoy SCs it gives some meaning back to them. Giving 6 man groups things to do in the Lakes is cool but end result they will get rolled over by the zerg when it hits them.

I have mentioned this all before, and while I understand that SCs have been treated as a "mini-game" it's still RvR and can bring a meaningful competitiveness back into SCs.

diedrake

Post#37 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:04 pm

Rodek wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:23 pm If a supply system is implemented that means that in some way resources contributing to zone lock is coming back? Is that a fair assessment?

Let me ask this then, is there a reason that SCs cannot contribute also towards zone locking? It accomplishes the same goal and for those than enjoy SCs it gives some meaning back to them. Giving 6 man groups things to do in the Lakes is cool but end result they will get rolled over by the zerg when it hits them.

I have mentioned this all before, and while I understand that SCs have been treated as a "mini-game" it's still RvR and can bring a meaningful competitiveness back into SCs.
Live did that in 1 iteration of the locking of zones along with completion of pqs. It was a pain in the arse sometimes. Reason was all you would hear in chat is "DONT Q FOR SCS! OR WE DONT LOCK THE ZONE BECAUSE OF TOO MANY LOSSES!!" that and also when pqs were part of it too, tgose of us that hate pve side of this game, either stood at the mailbox or drudged through pq completions to lock the zone.

All in all it was a headache, i do hope that doesnt come back.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Rodek

Post#38 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:04 pm

I understand the PQ portion of it being a pain, and quite honestly having PQs contribute doesn't make any sense from an RvR perspective. The only SC that affects it is the one native to the zone so Reikland means Reikland factory.

I was apart of the SC premade group that went in and won to lock a zone, so I guess I'm biased. I believe though that any type of resource system implemented with small groups in mind is doomed to fail. Mainly because if there are 6 people returning then the other side sends 12. Before you know it you've got entire warbands devoted to resources and then it's right back to zerg v zerg.

You can't zerg an SC and I guess that's what I really like. It takes class comp and some measure of skill to beat another premade, the win is earned. Right now it's certainly noticeable when the other side X-Realms and you roll over a keep you just spent an hour attacking only to have no defenders.

More than likely none of what I talked about will pass. The devs have made it pretty clear. What is becoming hard is drastic changes to what RvR is.

Ads
Buh2016

Post#39 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:29 pm

will say I did stop playing cause of the T2-T4 RvR system was not a fan of it but as for people afking on bo's in rvr that's on them I love to roam gank no matter what rank I just don't like how T1 was a BLAST than you hit 16 and you are thrown straight into T4 pvp. T2 was my favorite I lose troll country/ostland but I seen people hardly did T2 even when it was up always just did T3-T4. no trivial blows ect so a BW can just blow you up at will and melt you cause you can't reduce crit dmg.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#40 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:19 pm

Buh2016 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:29 pm will say I did stop playing cause of the T2-T4 RvR system was not a fan of it but as for people afking on bo's in rvr that's on them I love to roam gank no matter what rank I just don't like how T1 was a BLAST than you hit 16 and you are thrown straight into T4 pvp. T2 was my favorite I lose troll country/ostland but I seen people hardly did T2 even when it was up always just did T3-T4. no trivial blows ect so a BW can just blow you up at will and melt you cause you can't reduce crit dmg.

But that's just not true and was refuted many times. Bolster + gear for your level is more than enough.