Recent Topics

Ads

What are the developers aims?

Let's talk about... everything else
GreenWolf2471

What are the developers aims?

Post#1 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:09 am

I was just wondering what the end game for the developers of this is? (You doing such a fantastic job btw)

Is the aim to get it playable to how it was when the servers closed and then just run the server? Or is the plan to push past that and make improvements to the game, is it even possible to make improvements to the game without the source code?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Ads
Allorien

Re: What are the developers aims?

Post#2 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:03 am

I cannot say what developers want.

Just remember things take time. A LOT of time. Playable to how it was when the servers closed would take YEARS of work. Just take a moment to think about that kind of time frame. It is hard to keep in mind. I sometimes ramble about what I would like with the game, but it is moot. For this server to be playable as live servers were, will take quite some time.

Making improvements probably means just cutting things out. Honestly with every expansion this game had, it progressively got worse/dumbed down/content was removed and/or replaced instead of fixed etc. I would rather have vanilla WaR. Might be more functional.

GreenWolf2471

Post#3 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:21 am

Is it even possible to edit things though? Like tweaking class balance and so on.

Allorien

Post#4 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:10 am

Yes. The developers are coding/editing code.

I can almost promise you nothing associated with balance will be addressed until everything is "working as intended."

The classes were fair for what they did before any expansion came out. Balance is ridiculously hard to achieve. Balance was made worse after the RvR expansion.

wiscel

Post#5 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:26 am

Just hoping the developpers will release T2 soon :-)
Nasty - R8X Squig Herder
Mehlindy - R8X Witch Elf
Donavicenta - R8X Sorceress

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#6 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:53 am

The right answer is :

Moving step by step, and try their best.

:)

Dajciekrwi

Post#7 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:32 pm

The Great Plan is simple & brilliant;
a) first make a WAR playeble with t5,
b) we begin THE DEVELOPMENT CULT as worshippers
d) then we detronize the Emperor
c) we start galactic Waaagh !!

zabis

Post#8 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:35 pm

I hope a dev comments on this post :roll:
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#9 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:52 pm

They should focus on having a working stable t1 with a strong enough player base before even looking at t2, auras can't even be twisted right yet :cry:

Allorien wrote:Yes. The developers are coding/editing code.

I can almost promise you nothing associated with balance will be addressed until everything is "working as intended."

The classes were fair for what they did before any expansion came out. Balance is ridiculously hard to achieve. Balance was made worse after the RvR expansion.
I find that last part arguable

Down the line some things need to be addressed such as kotbs being too good, cave win, the fact that choppas were not as good dps dealers as slayers and had a very weak aoe tree, sm's and Bo's really falling off late game

Maura' being kinda op, the inconsistency between wp and dok g cleanse

Azarael

Post#10 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:04 pm

As I mentioned in another thread, right now all that concerns us is fixing the game. Nobody has the inclination to speculate upon changes that may or may not be made to address balance concerns when T4 is currently a long way off.
wiscel wrote:Just hoping the developpers will release T2 soon
If comments like these are made as subtle prods to say "Developers, release T2, kthx", bear in mind that they're not going to make work on the features / packet analysis go any faster than it is already. For T2 not to be a broken mess, the fundamentals need to be fixed first. Bearing in mind that the differences between T2 and T3 feature-wise are not likely to be that great, T2 will be a painstaking but important hurdle to clear on the road to T4.
zabis wrote: :roll:
When I saw this I almost didn't bother commenting. The sense of entitlement is overwhelming.