Recent Topics

Ads

White Lion - Lion derpy movement?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Forechosen

White Lion - Lion derpy movement?

Post#1 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:34 am

Hey everyone,

Firstly, I'm absolutely loving this game, I genuinely can't praise it enough.

However, after trying out the White Lion - I've noticed the lion itself moves really strangely. Ninety percent of the time (no exaggeration) it's running in a forward animation, even when it's actually moving sideways or even backwards. It looks really, really weird and it's pretty immersion breaking for me.

What I'm wondering is, is this a bug my end? Or perhaps it only happens in certain zones, or under certain conditions? Basically - is it like this the entire game?

I know it's only a minor quibble in the scheme of things, but it's the only thing really putting me off the class.

Thanks for reading!

Ads
rejndjer
Suspended

Re: White Lion - Lion derpy movement?

Post#2 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:36 am

it's a normal thing that happens all time with lion. if that was the only bug... :(

Forechosen

Post#3 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:39 am

Oh dang, that's annoying to hear!

Yeah I do understand it's hardly game breaking, it just really irks me for some reason. Ah well, thankfully there are many more awesome classes.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#4 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:05 pm

If you're using the war64.exe you have to manually cap the fps to 100 or else movement animations will break

Deathsaw

Post#5 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:24 pm

saupreusse wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:05 pm If you're using the war64.exe you have to manually cap the fps to 100 or else movement animations will break
How do you do it?

saupreusse
Developer

Post#6 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:44 pm

Deathsaw wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:24 pm
saupreusse wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:05 pm If you're using the war64.exe you have to manually cap the fps to 100 or else movement animations will break
How do you do it?
use your graphics card control panel or just use the 32.exe (32 and 64 are both the same, the only difference is that the 64 exe has no fps cap)

Forechosen

Post#7 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:30 pm

Thank you so much for the response, but hm, are there any noticeable downsides to capping the fps at 100?

I suppose I'll give it a try anyway. I'm just wondering :)

saupreusse
Developer

Post#8 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:09 pm

Forechosen wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:30 pm Thank you so much for the response, but hm, are there any noticeable downsides to capping the fps at 100?

I suppose I'll give it a try anyway. I'm just wondering :)
downsides: You can only have 100 fps maximum, even if your pc would be able to achieve higher framerates.
upsides: It fixes weird animations

Ads
Forechosen

Post#9 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:36 pm

Well I've gotta say I've been running the 32 version and it's completely fixed the weird lion movements, and I've noticed absolutely no noticeable difference in gameplay at all - so all in all I'm very happy, thank you!

xxstealthxx

Post#10 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:21 pm

saupreusse wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:44 pm
Deathsaw wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:24 pm
How do you do it?
use your graphics card control panel or just use the 32.exe (32 and 64 are both the same, the only difference is that the 64 exe has no fps cap)

This solved my maddening 1-second delay on Flashfire animation -- Thanks, I've been trying to resolve that for years. 🍺