Recent Topics

Ads

[AM] DPS AM gearing after the warcrest patch

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sulorie

Re: [AM] DPS AM gearing after the warcrest patch

Post#11 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:09 pm

Toggle wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:31 pm
Sulorie wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:33 pm
Feel free to pick 5 sov and 4 ranked pieces, either with magic power or magic crit. Ranked body, belt and boots.
Why ranked pieces over warlord stuff? And what's the 4th piece of vict you're running?
It would be the jewel, albeit I don't have it. Besides the set bonus it's a place to slot those nice talismans anyone with sentinel uses with main spec gear.

With 3pc warlord you trade 104 magic power and 130 off stat debuff/130 init buff proc for 6% magic crit.
I compared all possible combinations with focus on intel, magic power, wounds and magic crit and came to that conclusion. Even without 4pc ranked I wouldn't pick the added crit, as crit rates are already pretty high and all your crits will hit harder with added mp, while intel is capped at 1050 anyway.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Toggle

Post#12 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:15 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:09 pm
Toggle wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:31 pm
Sulorie wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:33 pm
Feel free to pick 5 sov and 4 ranked pieces, either with magic power or magic crit. Ranked body, belt and boots.
Why ranked pieces over warlord stuff? And what's the 4th piece of vict you're running?
It would be the jewel, albeit I don't have it. Besides the set bonus it's a place to slot those nice talismans anyone with sentinel uses with main spec gear.

With 3pc warlord you trade 104 magic power and 130 off stat debuff/130 init buff proc for 6% magic crit.
I compared all possible combinations with focus on intel, magic power, wounds and magic crit and came to that conclusion. Even without 4pc ranked I wouldn't pick the added crit, as crit rates are already pretty high and all your crits will hit harder with added mp, while intel is capped at 1050 anyway.
Yikes! Losing 6% crit seems pretty rough to me, but you may be correct that the effective extra 104 int would make up for it. I don’t know though. The channel, when it crits, hits insanely hard.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Sulorie

Post#13 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:54 pm

Toggle wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:24 pm

I run 5 piece sov (boots, boots, belt, chest, back, and shoulders) and 3 piece warlord (glove, hat, and jewelry). Most have magic crit on them, except for (I think.) the sov chest and belt. Not really sure what the advantage is to running the ranked gear over warlord pieces since magic power only adds to dmg once your main stat (intelligence) is capped. Without doing the math, it looks like you're gaining (maybe?) the equivalent of 50 int? I don't know though, maybe Sulorie can provide an explanation of why it's better.
You say it, sov chest and belt are quite bad in comparison if you aim for certain offensive stats.
You don't have any pieces with magic power, if you go for max crit.
MP has no cap, so all additional MP helps.
Your Intel is capped therefore you don't "waste" MP.
Dying is no option.

Arrowen

Post#14 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:41 am

Thank's so much for the advice guys, really helpful!