Recent Topics

Ads

SW.

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Lion1986

Re: SW.

Post#11 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:52 pm

rejndjer wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:05 pm ok so class was broken because 1 shitty spell for 1 year, but it's been shittiest class since 2008, and it still is again.

anyone who has ever played other competitive games like dota knows that this is absolute shitshow of a broken class. your job is to do damage. you have no other job. there are other classes that deal 10x your DPS. LITERALLY 10 times bigger dps. let that sink in.
at least you do not kill yourself like We bright wizards.

Ads
messerjockel

Post#12 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:09 pm

Dont delete your SW, best class Destro has.

BR

Messerjockel

redsunbp

Post#13 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:42 pm

SW best class to farm renown solo after stealthers and SH, Festerings can crit for 3.5k+. Assault incredibly good for ST party in city but needs to be paired with a WL for ArmorDebuff, if it has a SM has the ability to spam Brutal Assault under WW. Has some issues with wb play, yes. You guys need to learn how to play :)

messerjockel

Post#14 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:47 pm

Listen to redsunbp and roll a SW that destro celebrates with a keg of beer and Sigmar sacrifices a cute kitten.
As a destro player, please, please, please roll more SW.

BR

Messerjockel

redsunbp

Post#15 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:48 pm

messerjockel wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:47 pm Listen to redsunbp and roll a SW that destro celebrates with a keg of beer and Sigmar sacrifices a cute kitten.
As a destro player, please, please, please roll more SW.

BR

Messerjockel
If people are terrible it's not the class's fault ;)

With a SM you can do this kind of stuff, 10k in 4s from 100+ feet:

Your Festering Arrow critically hits Serrsor for 2340 damage. (197 mitigated)
Your attack hits Serrsor for 281 damage. (129 mitigated)
Your Festering Arrow critically hits Serrsor for 2417 damage. (203 mitigated)
Your Festering Arrow critically hits Serrsor for 2449 damage. (206 mitigated)
Your Broadhead Arrow hits Serrsor for 243 damage. (105 mitigated)
Your attack hits Serrsor for 281 damage. (129 mitigated)
Your Festering Arrow critically hits Tadot for 2518 damage. (185 mitigated)

It's burst via ranged KD offers pretty much no warning as opposed to a BW for example.

You can also murder tanks under Vengenace with Festering due to it being unblockable and 0 resist on tank via the tactic.

Half the people in this thread have no idea what the abilities of a SW even do. Is it the best class? No. Does it excell in some aspects? Absolutely.

You can farm War Crests ALONE at an EFFICIENT rate. This is unvaluable especially after patch.

Or you can listen to the person saying ''its bad'' and that's it :)

The only thing that pisses me off is the self punt not giving you immunities while self punting, literally useless against any tank with a tiny brain, useless against choppas, useless against maras...
Last edited by redsunbp on Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:07 pm, edited 10 times in total.

messerjockel

Post#16 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:53 pm

As said, listen to redsunbp and roll a SW.
When you are learning after month of gameplay that you have an underperforming rdps send him a pm and say thank you.

BR

Messerjockel

Lion1986

Post#17 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:49 pm

my 2 cents comparison with bright wizard (ranged dps too)

1)you do not kill yourself while dpsing
2)if you know how to kite you need A LOT less babysitting
3)single target spec, especially in scenarios (festershima spec) can nuke healers hard with healdebuff
4)you are fragile, but in assault spec you are for sure A LOT more durable than BW
5)ranged silence
6)ranged stun

Aoe SW got nerfed (BHA) so many people hold prejudice, but i am quite convinced if you know the class you can do pretty much well.
There is Alyera, SW in ranked 1600 rating. 92wins and 77 losses. Now if class would have been that much garbage, why he got a positive balance? =)

Do not judge a class on how the average pug uses it.
Last edited by Lion1986 on Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geezereur

Post#18 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:50 pm

I really liked the new Glass arrow with proc damage on it for scout spec but now it reverted back to normal and I think both ranged spec are kinda shitty without it.

Ads
rejndjer
Suspended

Post#19 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:13 am

Lion1986 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:49 pm my 2 cents comparison with bright wizard (ranged dps too)

1)you do not kill yourself while dpsing
2)if you know how to kite you need A LOT less babysitting
3)single target spec, especially in scenarios (festershima spec) can nuke healers hard with healdebuff
4)you are fragile, but in assault spec you are for sure A LOT more durable than BW
5)ranged silence
6)ranged stun

Aoe SW got nerfed (BHA) so many people hold prejudice, but i am quite convinced if you know the class you can do pretty much well.
There is Alyera, SW in ranked 1600 rating. 92wins and 77 losses. Now if class would have been that much garbage, why he got a positive balance? =)

Do not judge a class on how the average pug uses it.
1) if you know how to play BW you don't kill yourself while dpsing
2) can you teach me how to kite, pls?
3)if destro let you spam fester on their healers, then you can play RP dps as well
4)in assault spec you cannot deal 1million damage in half-an-hour of wb fights
5)wow, nerf.
6) wow. nerf it two times.

Lion1986

Post#20 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:19 am

1) if you know how to play BW you don't kill yourself while dpsing
you will always get backdraft damage. is a class mechanic.it hits up to 750 pure damage that cannot be mitigated. invalid point.
2) can you teach me how to kite, pls?
for sure better than BW you can kite. I am no world champion found this video in youtube and you can see how SW can kite a LOT better than a BW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pEjX30Hz2Y
3)if destro let you spam fester on their healers, then you can play RP dps as well
fester got cd. like BW burst rotation, you must learn class properly and use at right time.
4)in assault spec you cannot deal 1million damage in half-an-hour of wb fights
i am always convinced that 100k well placed damage (killing healers, heal debuffing etc) is a lot better than 1milion damage in aoe spec that kills no one because is insta healed.
5)wow, nerf.
very solid argument
6) wow. nerf it two times.
another very solid argument