Recent Topics

Ads

SW.

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Valarion

Re: SW.

Post#41 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:12 am

rejndjer wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:53 am
Valarion wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:24 am
rejndjer wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:05 am delete it, everybody agrees SW is shittiest class in any game ever, except the devs :)

The devs have done an admirable job here making the SW playable and relevant. The problem is Mythic really broke this class from the beginning and its going to take a miracle to fix. In the meantime, just play a different class.
then why is your SW deleted? :D

Great question.

I came from WoW, EQ, EQ2, GW, SWG, UO, Rift, Moria and many others. I'm what you call an old school gamer from the olden times.

Of all the Ranger/Archer-type classes I've ever played SW is hands down the worst. SW is so convincingly bad and has been for so long going all the way back to live I'll never play it again. Thats why I deleted it (twice). However, this is my opinion only and some do love the class. Regardless, the devs here have nothing but my respect for improving it and making it viable in the hands of a player far more patient than myself.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Ads
Akalukz

Post#42 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:27 am

Drop the stance requirements and turn them into something like the White Lion stances (trained to xxx for x bonus) Unfortunately, the stances hurt the class too much. Either that or turn the mele stance into AoE as well. Maybe give an aoe kd mirror of the mara.
-= Agony =-

Lion1986

Post#43 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:41 am

Valarion wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:12 am
rejndjer wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:53 am
Valarion wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:24 am

The devs have done an admirable job here making the SW playable and relevant. The problem is Mythic really broke this class from the beginning and its going to take a miracle to fix. In the meantime, just play a different class.
then why is your SW deleted? :D

Great question.

I came from WoW, EQ, EQ2, GW, SWG, UO, Rift, Moria and many others. I'm what you call an old school gamer from the olden times.

Of all the Ranger/Archer-type classes I've ever played SW is hands down the worst. SW is so convincingly bad and has been for so long going all the way back to live I'll never play it again. Thats why I deleted it (twice). However, this is my opinion only and some do love the class. Regardless, the devs here have nothing but my respect for improving it and making it viable in the hands of a player far more patient than myself.
This applies to casters aswell. Is the only game where a caster (BW/Sorc) kills herself while making dps. (750 pure damage backdraft on each cast). the design of classes of this game is bad itself. That is why game lost subscribers and failed horribly back in 2014.
Just play for the fun of it and think less of meta.

Fenris78

Post#44 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:29 am

Just use bullseye + crosscut = +30% chance to be crit on target. But you need to spec assault for that, to actually not be papermade against any mdps.

In a game where every destru class (and their mothers) got instant ranged CC (disarm, kd, pull, bumps, etc.), I dont think specs relying on being static for more than 1 second is worth anything, saving specific situations like defending keep/fort.
And even in those situations SW will be especially bad without ranged AoE.

You wanna survive and kill a WE that opened you from stealth ? Spec assault+skrim. You got best mobility to kite and use your ranged skills when you need space, and can litteraly wreck any mdps in small fights with superior resilience + defenses, not to mention absurdly strong aa damage and burst you can have.
Coupled with pierce defense tactic, the only things that can resist you are tanks.

Spec full defensive in renown (4 FS, 0 ranged or melee crit, 4 disrupt, 3 parry). Go melee tree pick shadowstep, crosscut, melee kd and +15% dmg tactic, skirmish with AoE tactic and debuffheal, and go wreck things using appropriate stances.
Forget the static specs with festering, wich will only work with 3+ SW assisting like are doing the Bitterstone Thunderers now (same as they do with Inge stacking too).
You will be dead on first melee blob encounter anyway, but with assault/skirm spec you can at least hope survive long enough to escape or counterpush.