Recent Topics

Ads

Any reason to play SW over BW or WL?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sever1n

Re: Any reason to play SW over BW or WL?

Post#11 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:59 pm

Sw ~7k hp in dps build, no aoe detaut, no antisnare, low armor in ranged form, all dps is physical, hold the line working against us, no def/regen spec. Lion 9k hp, 3+k armor, free 50% armorshred from tactics, pounce/aoedetaunt/antisnare/charge, free undef insta armorshred for focus target, dodge/insta burst morale, viable defspec for solo. As sw u are just witchmeat and can die in stun. I tried to mention that sw have a utility problems, was trolled by destro and elite sw warrios that thinks sw are good. Sw is copy of bw with phys dmg, or bad copy of we/wh with abylity to become wrak archer.

Ads
Arthem

Post#12 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:44 pm

Tanski wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:05 pm Have 65 wl and bw, but there is something appealing about sw to me even though I hear nothing but negativity about the class. Im talking about the class in context of roam, I know they have a niche place morale draining in wbs . As for their scout spec, bw also has ranged kd and snare while having enormous crit, and for melee does asw offer anything over wl? I know they don’t have sprint or snare removal.
Take it from someone who has BiS SW and BiS Sorc (more or less same thing as BW) there's no reason to play SW over BW if you wanna roam etc. SW mobility is trash compared to BW who can cast most spells on move and can do quick 1sec cast times. SW blows a tactic just to have a 2sec cast time on their best dmg ability which is still slower than BW burst abilities except for Fireball which ur not gonna use much in roaming pvp.

On paper SW is supposed to be better at this content than BW but they gutted the SW making it very immobile like an Engineer. The mobility spec does trash damage and lost its range too since the rework.

Arthem

Post#13 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:46 pm

messerjockel wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:35 pm SW range damage is compared to other range dps classes low.
This is not true if you let a SW free cast their dmg is insane. But they have trash mobility.

Evilest

Post#14 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:28 pm

Arthem wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:44 pm On paper SW is supposed to be better at this content than BW but they gutted the SW making it very immobile like an Engineer. The mobility spec does trash damage and lost its range too since the rework.
Alternative: bw and the rest of the casters have WAY too much mobility.

Valarion

Post#15 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:01 pm

messerjockel wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:35 pm There was a funny comment I read somewhere.
Evertime somebody rolls a SW, Sigmar sacrifice a cute kitten.

This was me. =-)

My best advice with SW is to play if you enjoy the class, but dont expect top dps from a class that have some armor some utility and was designed to be a hybrid. It cant be a "glass cannon" without becoming over-the-top op.

The devs here have done an INCREDIBLE job fixing SW, but imo the way Mythic designed SWs means they will forever be handicapped. If you are expecting WoW hunter style rdps and tools this just isnt ever going to be your class.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Arthem

Post#16 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:21 am

Evilest wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:28 pm
Arthem wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:44 pm On paper SW is supposed to be better at this content than BW but they gutted the SW making it very immobile like an Engineer. The mobility spec does trash damage and lost its range too since the rework.
Alternative: bw and the rest of the casters have WAY too much mobility.
True WAY too much. Imagine being able to run a normal speed in the same direction. That's insane! :lol:

Farrul

Post#17 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:30 am

Sever1n wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:59 pm Sw ~7k hp in dps build, no aoe detaut, no antisnare, low armor in ranged form, all dps is physical, hold the line working against us, no def/regen spec. Lion 9k hp, 3+k armor, free 50% armorshred from tactics, pounce/aoedetaunt/antisnare/charge, free undef insta armorshred for focus target, dodge/insta burst morale, viable defspec for solo. As sw u are just witchmeat and can die in stun. I tried to mention that sw have a utility problems, was trolled by destro and elite sw warrios that thinks sw are good. Sw is copy of bw with phys dmg, or bad copy of we/wh with abylity to become wrak archer.
It's not appropriate to compare a ranged SW build vs WL, assault SW is imho comparable to a WL for roaming. 4+k armor a lot more parry, about equal melee burst. I find Assault SW survival rates higher vs Witch Elves than WL ( mainly due to superior parry chance).
Arthem wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:44 pmTake it from someone who has BiS SW and BiS Sorc (more or less same thing as BW) there's no reason to play SW over BW if you wanna roam etc. SW mobility is trash compared to BW who can cast most spells on move and can do quick 1sec cast times. SW blows a tactic just to have a 2sec cast time on their best dmg ability which is still slower than BW burst abilities except for Fireball which ur not gonna use much in roaming pvp.

On paper SW is supposed to be better at this content than BW but they gutted the SW making it very immobile like an Engineer. The mobility spec does trash damage and lost its range too since the rework.
To be fair he is asking for roaming, not roaming specifically as a ranged SW build. Again Assault SW does ok in roaming, it's likely more effective than a squishy BW/Sorc.
Valarion wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:01 pm My best advice with SW is to play if you enjoy the class, but dont expect top dps from a class that have some armor some utility and was designed to be a hybrid. It cant be a "glass cannon" without becoming over-the-top op.

The devs here have done an INCREDIBLE job fixing SW, but imo the way Mythic designed SWs means they will forever be handicapped. If you are expecting WoW hunter style rdps and tools this just isnt ever going to be your class.
There are needed improvements that can be done to this class without making it '' over-the-top op ''. A lot of room for buffs between clearly underperforming - aka weak(currently) and overtuned (theoretically)

I don't know how Shadow warriors performed in the live version, but if left like it currently is i would consider it a clear balance failure from this dev team.

messerjockel

Post#18 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:17 pm

Anyway,

If you are a friend of order and don’t want to sabotage them, please, please don’t roll a SW.
Any other order class contributes more to the war effort.
I don’t get why people play a SW from the get go, must be the same people which like to play EU daytime order to get their butts constantly kicked by overwhelming destro numbers :-).

BR

Messerjockel.

Ads
mryay

Post#19 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:39 pm

Farrul wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:30 am I don't know how Shadow warriors performed in the live version, but if left like it currently is i would consider it a clear balance failure from this dev team.
I play SW since live. I used to like it so much because the class mechanic was fantastically fun with respect to the state of RVR.

But * and please remember this *: the SW was a trash DPS on live. It was so trash that it used to be called "assist dps".

The reason why SW was known, it was because of the "1 minute kill". When the stars were aligned, you could drop your M2+ 5k8 Festering Arrow (when it crit) +FtW, and delete someone (except def tanks).

What the DEV team has done in RoR is a great improvement. The SW is a viable DPS. /salute

But, unfortunately, the state of RVR is different in RoR. The SW isn't well designed with regards to the overall RVR design, which gives the priority to AoE, group play, and where the mDPS get the guard first.
The most appropriate spec is Skirmish. But Skirmish in a <65 feet without the 2x armor is a bit complicated. And if you switch to assault for the 2x armor, you don't have access to your AoE skills anymore. What a dilemma
I hear someone saying "Get a guard !". Yeah, no, mathematically, there are not enough guards on pug or puw. And, in premade, the SW skirmish is designed to be mobile. In assault, you may get a guard, but you'll have to prove that you can do better than WL, Slayer, WH, Engi, BW bomb :).

In addition, if you consider that each stance divides the number of skills available, the set of available skills does not synergize well. For example, with Fell the weak. Another example is the removal of Broadhead Arrow from Assault.
Plus, sometimes the range of arrows makes the sequencing inefficient like Shadow Sting range does not synergize well with Scout skills range, and yet Shadow Sting is SW's signature skill.
Plus, the class mechanic isn't rewarding enough when you switch stance.
Another thing is that the SW is virtually the only class without emergency heal. This is why Destro loves to target them (+ the likelihood they don't have a guard).

But, overall, the class has the rights skills (except ground zone AoE for pinning down people), the rest is about tweaking --> this is where I expect the realm champions to do their jobs. I am open to providing input.

To conclude, the right thing to do is to set a clear role for the SW in RVR. Otherwise, I don't see why you would not pick up a BW or Engi, even more, that Engi has magnet.

Salute
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RoR: SW 82, AM Heal RR51
AoR: SW R87, BW/R60+, SM/40+, AM/R50+, WL/R60+, Slayer R40+, DoK/SH/Sorcerer R40+ (+others)

Falconoflight

Post#20 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:57 pm

mryay wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:39 pm
Farrul wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:30 am I don't know how Shadow warriors performed in the live version, but if left like it currently is i would consider it a clear balance failure from this dev team.
I play SW since live. I used to like it so much because the class mechanic was fantastically fun with respect to the state of RVR.

But * and please remember this *: the SW was a trash DPS on live. It was so trash that it used to be called "assist dps".

The reason why SW was known, it was because of the "1 minute kill". When the stars were aligned, you could drop your M2+ 5k8 Festering Arrow (when it crit) +FtW, and delete someone (except def tanks).

What the DEV team has done in RoR is a great improvement. The SW is a viable DPS. /salute

But, unfortunately, the state of RVR is different in RoR. The SW isn't well designed with regards to the overall RVR design, which gives the priority to AoE, group play, and where the mDPS get the guard first.
The most appropriate spec is Skirmish. But Skirmish in a <65 feet without the 2x armor is a bit complicated. And if you switch to assault for the 2x armor, you don't have access to your AoE skills anymore. What a dilemma
I hear someone saying "Get a guard !". Yeah, no, mathematically, there are not enough guards on pug or puw. And, in premade, the SW skirmish is designed to be mobile. In assault, you may get a guard, but you'll have to prove that you can do better than WL, Slayer, WH, Engi, BW bomb :).

In addition, if you consider that each stance divides the number of skills available, the set of available skills does not synergize well. For example, with Fell the weak. Another example is the removal of Broadhead Arrow from Assault.
Plus, sometimes the range of arrows makes the sequencing inefficient like Shadow Sting range does not synergize well with Scout skills range, and yet Shadow Sting is SW's signature skill.
Plus, the class mechanic isn't rewarding enough when you switch stance.
Another thing is that the SW is virtually the only class without emergency heal. This is why Destro loves to target them (+ the likelihood they don't have a guard).

But, overall, the class has the rights skills (except ground zone AoE for pinning down people), the rest is about tweaking --> this is where I expect the realm champions to do their jobs. I am open to providing input.

To conclude, the right thing to do is to set a clear role for the SW in RVR. Otherwise, I don't see why you would not pick up a BW or Engi, even more, that Engi has magnet.

Salute
Yea, but sw outperforming by basically everybody both in rvr and scenarios kek. Like in rvr\city its useless trash and in 6v6 its just meh... Like what the reason of class without any strong side? Nor group nor scenarios nor 1v1 nor roaming.