Recent Topics

Ads

[ASW] Current BiS

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage

Moderators: Developer, Management, Community Management

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
kryss
Posts: 443

[ASW] Current BiS

Post#1 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:51 am

Hi,
I am reaching rr70 and started toying with ASW as well, just to make things a bit more varied after i played Fester forever. I am collecting invader and wonder how I should plan Sov/offSov/WL to maximize my spec possibilities when it's time.
So I am asking you SW top dogs: given that 7 sov 2 sent is bis for Scout, what is the current consensous on ASW? Been reading that Warlord is not considered anymore, so I wonder what woukd be the best combo around: 2 sent, 5 Sov and 2 vanq (or triumph?). Weapons, maybe Reverence to keep some wounds up in the melee heat?
Thanks
Bodhi - WH -
Kryss - Knight -

Ads
Mergrim
Posts: 208

Re: [ASW] Current BiS

Post#2 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:38 am

Bis now 5sove 4triumphant
if no triumphant go 5 sove 2senti 2vanq/2triumphant.
For weapon i like c/t weapon with high ws, bow from invader crest.

Sever1n
Posts: 104

Re: [ASW] Current BiS

Post#3 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:20 pm

Im using 5+3sov. 7k hp is just oneshot material. But yep 5sov+4ranked with ring bis. But still you will be worce than wh/we.

Thorondir
Posts: 71

Re: [ASW] Current BiS

Post#4 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:21 pm

Mergrim wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:38 am
Bis now 5sove 4triumphant
if no triumphant go 5 sove 2senti 2vanq/2triumphant.
For weapon i like c/t weapon with high ws, bow from invader crest.
I don't play much ASW, but why would you go 4p Triumphant? The improved clarity on the 4p, really doesn't seem that good to me:

Image

Why would you run this over a 5/2/2 Sov/Sent/Triumphant setup? One zero AP and guaranteed crit every 10s seems pretty lacklustre.

Not really current on the ASW meta so maybe I am missing something.

User avatar
wargrimnir
Head Game Master
Posts: 7924
Contact:

Re: [ASW] Current BiS

Post#5 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:45 pm

Thorondir wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:21 pm
Mergrim wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:38 am
Bis now 5sove 4triumphant
if no triumphant go 5 sove 2senti 2vanq/2triumphant.
For weapon i like c/t weapon with high ws, bow from invader crest.
I don't play much ASW, but why would you go 4p Triumphant? The improved clarity on the 4p, really doesn't seem that good to me:
Spoiler:
Image
Why would you run this over a 5/2/2 Sov/Sent/Triumphant setup? One zero AP and guaranteed crit every 10s seems pretty lacklustre.

Not really current on the ASW meta so maybe I am missing something.
The 10s on that isn't an internal cooldown for the proc, it's the duration the buff is available to trigger. With a bit of luck it could proc more often than every 10 seconds. Optimally using improved clarity would require noticing it's available, and using a high priority burst skill. Getting an undefendable crit on Festering Arrow with Steady Aim and VON would be ideal.
Image
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Thorondir
Posts: 71

Re: [ASW] Current BiS

Post#6 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:58 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:45 pm
The 10s on that isn't an internal cooldown for the proc, it's the duration the buff is available to trigger. With a bit of luck it could proc more often than every 10 seconds. Optimally using improved clarity would require noticing it's available, and using a high priority burst skill. Getting an undefendable crit on Festering Arrow with Steady Aim and VON would be ideal.

Its a bit of a crappy screen shot but the third sentence of the 4p bonus statss: "Can only be triggered once every 10 seconds". I am assuming that would operate as an internal cooldown.

VoN already makes festering arrow undefendable. The trade off for the 4p Triumphant in a Fester setup would be the 7p boost proc on Sov. Even if it doesn't have a 10s internal cooldown, I would personally take a 7p Sov setup for a fester build (8p for insta cast RKD and 1s fester).

The recommended BiS was for ASW though and the proc would seem less useful in an ASW build to me.

User avatar
wargrimnir
Head Game Master
Posts: 7924
Contact:

Re: [ASW] Current BiS

Post#7 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:21 pm

Thorondir wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:58 pm
wargrimnir wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:45 pm
The 10s on that isn't an internal cooldown for the proc, it's the duration the buff is available to trigger. With a bit of luck it could proc more often than every 10 seconds. Optimally using improved clarity would require noticing it's available, and using a high priority burst skill. Getting an undefendable crit on Festering Arrow with Steady Aim and VON would be ideal.

Its a bit of a crappy screen shot but the third sentence of the 4p bonus statss: "Can only be triggered once every 10 seconds". I am assuming that would operate as an internal cooldown.

VoN already makes festering arrow undefendable. The trade off for the 4p Triumphant in a Fester setup would be the 7p boost proc on Sov. Even if it doesn't have a 10s internal cooldown, I would personally take a 7p Sov setup for a fester build (8p for insta cast RKD and 1s fester).

The recommended BiS was for ASW though and the proc would seem less useful in an ASW build to me.
Screenshot is fine, I didn't remember that being the case when it was implemented and completely skimmed reading it.

That boost proc is definitely better than improved clarity comparing them directly, but that's why imp clarity is a 4pc proc and not higher.

The alternative could be 4 warlord/5 sov and trade imp clarity for 6% dodge strikethrough, you also trade wounds for weaponskill.
Or going 4 bloodlord/5 sov but you miss out on ballistic in exchange for weaponskill to keep wounds.
5sov/2alt sov/2warlord would pick up the bigger ballistic bonuses, but you miss out on the wounds at 3pc Tri.

4 tri/5 sov is more looking like you want the maximize wounds/ballistic and Improved Clarity is compared with +2 left tree that doesn't contribute directly to increased damage.
Image
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Mergrim
Posts: 208

Re: [ASW] Current BiS

Post#8 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:01 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:21 pm
Thorondir wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:58 pm
wargrimnir wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:45 pm
The 10s on that isn't an internal cooldown for the proc, it's the duration the buff is available to trigger. With a bit of luck it could proc more often than every 10 seconds. Optimally using improved clarity would require noticing it's available, and using a high priority burst skill. Getting an undefendable crit on Festering Arrow with Steady Aim and VON would be ideal.

Its a bit of a crappy screen shot but the third sentence of the 4p bonus statss: "Can only be triggered once every 10 seconds". I am assuming that would operate as an internal cooldown.

VoN already makes festering arrow undefendable. The trade off for the 4p Triumphant in a Fester setup would be the 7p boost proc on Sov. Even if it doesn't have a 10s internal cooldown, I would personally take a 7p Sov setup for a fester build (8p for insta cast RKD and 1s fester).

The recommended BiS was for ASW though and the proc would seem less useful in an ASW build to me.
Screenshot is fine, I didn't remember that being the case when it was implemented and completely skimmed reading it.

That boost proc is definitely better than improved clarity comparing them directly, but that's why imp clarity is a 4pc proc and not higher.

The alternative could be 4 warlord/5 sov and trade imp clarity for 6% dodge strikethrough, you also trade wounds for weaponskill.
Or going 4 bloodlord/5 sov but you miss out on ballistic in exchange for weaponskill to keep wounds.
5sov/2alt sov/2warlord would pick up the bigger ballistic bonuses, but you miss out on the wounds at 3pc Tri.

4 tri/5 sov is more looking like you want the maximize wounds/ballistic and Improved Clarity is compared with +2 left tree that doesn't contribute directly to increased damage.
Ekhm what?:D max you can eq is 3warlord/5sove or 3bloodlord/5sove. Only setup allow you 5+4 is sove/warlord+triumphant/victorius/sentinel.

Improved clarity is way better than 9% crit chance proc. But this is only my opinion.

Ads
User avatar
wargrimnir
Head Game Master
Posts: 7924
Contact:

Re: [ASW] Current BiS

Post#9 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:53 pm

Mergrim wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:01 pm
wargrimnir wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:21 pm
Thorondir wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:58 pm



Its a bit of a crappy screen shot but the third sentence of the 4p bonus statss: "Can only be triggered once every 10 seconds". I am assuming that would operate as an internal cooldown.

VoN already makes festering arrow undefendable. The trade off for the 4p Triumphant in a Fester setup would be the 7p boost proc on Sov. Even if it doesn't have a 10s internal cooldown, I would personally take a 7p Sov setup for a fester build (8p for insta cast RKD and 1s fester).

The recommended BiS was for ASW though and the proc would seem less useful in an ASW build to me.
Screenshot is fine, I didn't remember that being the case when it was implemented and completely skimmed reading it.

That boost proc is definitely better than improved clarity comparing them directly, but that's why imp clarity is a 4pc proc and not higher.

The alternative could be 4 warlord/5 sov and trade imp clarity for 6% dodge strikethrough, you also trade wounds for weaponskill.
Or going 4 bloodlord/5 sov but you miss out on ballistic in exchange for weaponskill to keep wounds.
5sov/2alt sov/2warlord would pick up the bigger ballistic bonuses, but you miss out on the wounds at 3pc Tri.

4 tri/5 sov is more looking like you want the maximize wounds/ballistic and Improved Clarity is compared with +2 left tree that doesn't contribute directly to increased damage.
Ekhm what?:D max you can eq is 3warlord/5sove or 3bloodlord/5sove. Only setup allow you 5+4 is sove/warlord+triumphant/victorius/sentinel.

Improved clarity is way better than 9% crit chance proc. But this is only my opinion.
My reading comprehension is out the window during the day when I'm supposed to be working. :D

I'm gonna go sit in a corner and let you guys talk. :)
Image
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ruin
Posts: 21

Re: [ASW] Current BiS

Post#10 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:02 am

Sorry im Oftopic but I agree with @Wargrimnir, make Warlord jewel a third slot item, and make Bloodlord jewellery a set piece, just like Triumphant and Victorious no individual 8 set bonus ban nice for mixing maybe without special tail slot.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests