Recent Topics

Ads

[ASW] Current BiS

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Fenris78

Re: [ASW] Current BiS

Post#11 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:00 pm

I'm currently running a Warlord 7 pcs, Bloodlord falcata and Fortress warbow (+3 Genesis warrior), waiting for sentinel ring (+4% crit tali) and 8th Warlord to alleviate AP issue (10s of AP free is huge, DPS-wise).

I tested and got a 8-12% dps increase over the 5 Warlord / 3 Invader, thanks to the armor debuff proc, and the +2 masteries.

Low HP pool is not an issue, since you can replace weapon skill talismans with wounds (I use 2 wounds ones). The armor debuff proc should make up for the WS loss anyway.
Talismans are 4 armor, 2 BS, 2 wounds. You can switch 2 BS for 2 WS if really feel like you should.

Renown, go for max parry, max disrupt, 3 FS and 3 wounds (wich should get you around 7300 HP, will be 8K with lini/WP buff).

Tactics are Instinctive Aim, Bullseye, Pierce Defense and No Respite.

The mechanics :
Bullseye will get us to 40-43% crit (13% base, 10% crosscut, 20% bullseye, not counting liniment or stance). With RR 3 Futile Strike (you can go to 4 FS with only 3x parry and 2x wounds), the 10% ctbc malus should not get us over 0%.
Also, the crit chances are counted for both melee and range attacks, while renown will be wasted into one or the other (stance will not convert renown bonuses)

Pierce defense is our best DPS tactic, since it basically negate most avoidances against ranged (-23% malus), and also can bypass most mdps parry, leaving them at best with a 10-15%, ensuring all our hits will land.
This tactic is very good since you can apply the malus in AoE, especially with 2 spammable ranged AoE (spec Split arrows).

No respite : DPS gain is better than Merciless soldier and wont be negated by anticrit/crit resist, also will apply on AA and damage proc from weapon.

Strong point on the full warlord is the 25% AA speed, wich will make you hit like a truck : about 950 base AA, up to every 1.8 s with the speed proc from stance.
It's more AA damage than a 2H WL, while having constant 20% damage bonus (45% under VoN) on everything.
Last edited by Fenris78 on Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Sever1n

Post#12 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:17 am

Whats your result on doll with that build?

kryss

Post#13 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:31 am

Thank you guys for your replies,
lots of stuff to think about, it seems there are some very different options.. :)

What about 4 triumph (without going for jewel), 2 senti and 3 sov? On my WH it works pretty well, you have the proc, wounds (and if you slot all str talis you don't even have to slot brute force to reach softcap). Would that work on ASW too? You can keep instinctive aim and slot more armor/wounds/ws

Fenris78

Post#14 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:27 pm

Sever1n wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:17 am Whats your result on doll with that build?
Atm with warlord 7 pcs without sent ring (but savage vigor lini), I got 800 DPS with 4k2 burst.
It's not THAT good but better than 5 warlord, and I got very good survivability (better than most dps classes anyway).
Keep in mind it's a build without ANY crit from renown, wich is full focused for defense (see my previous post).

By comparison my full sov WH got 1k dps/5k burst, but I tested with full offensive (in PvP I slot the regen tactic on bullet proc) so it should be very close to my SW in the end.
Nonetheless, WH is way more squishy and got less options for ranged combat (obviously) :p

The good thing about this build is you can swap No Respite for Split arrows when needed, against blobs or funnels, and apply debuffs in AoE to pu pressure on. Of course you wont do much big numbers (also I got crits for 1k2 sometimes with SFA), but the constant debuff is very good to melt warbands. Just make sure to retreat and stay away, even with big armor and guard you cannot go inside melee blob with ST skills alone, but unlike the WH you still can attack from 65 ft away and be useful. ;)

Falconoflight

Post#15 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:58 pm

asw curent bis is playing anything but sw, sow sv < conq anything.