Recent Topics

Ads

[WL] Single Target Rotation/burst Rotation.

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
BardSmyth

[WL] Single Target Rotation/burst Rotation.

Post#1 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:04 am

Can anyone give me a simple and straight WL single target rotation to use? I have the right builds I'm just really confused in relation to the rotation. WL has so many buttons that look decent when you read them but in practice a lot of them are useless.

I currently run these two builds for single target depending on the situation and who I'm with/ fighting against.
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4264,4265
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4265,4252

Generally speaking I open with FO>CL>Blindside>Thin>Co-ordinated strike>Lion's Fury + Hack if target still not dead/filler. and then use Cull the weak before Lion's Fury when target is below 50% health. I don't tend to use Echoing ror as DOT damage and just try to save it to use as a general interrupt. My burst just feels really weak and I feel like I'm deffo doing something wrong.

Gear is currently Full Vanq/Beastlord/Sub wep. I understand my gear is still "starter" therefore I'm not expecting to 100 to 0 people, but I still feel like I'm not performing as I should. My Average 3s burst on Combat dummy is between 4.5k to 5.2k with highest being 6.3K on ONE occasion but I was lucky depending on crits.

Sorry for the long post TLDR: What's the general WL Single target rotation to use with these two builds?

Ads
mynban

Re: [WL] Single Target Rotation/burst Rotation.

Post#2 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:58 am

What's missing is pet skills from right tree, without those your own dps alone is just eh.. That's just my opinion. Also don't forget without great gear you are just a wet noodle meat shield with fancy animations on most mdps.

Edit: even if you got pet skills up, anyone who knows how to hit space button will be immune to pet due to how stupid pet pathing is at the moment for the past year. And as far as I know there are no plans to revert that change, so best thing you can do as WL is rerolling slayer at this point.

knick

Post#3 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:16 am

do you play solo, grp/wb or ranked?
[Kraehenfeld] Knick WL RR85+

Szadread

Post#4 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:15 am

I suggest you this build & tactics
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4264,4252
for the renown : at least FS3 then crit.
If you don't have a lot of crit chance, you can trade one tactic for speed training which is generally good for open rvr.

regarding the skill order i suggest : FO, (cleave limb), pack assault, coordinated strike, fill with sundering chop while you are on cooldown and cull the weak whenever possible.

Also remember that you highest source of damage is your auto-attack

Finally, your build should always depend if you solo roam, small group or zerging with pugs.

BardSmyth

Post#5 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:59 pm

knick wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:16 am do you play solo, grp/wb or ranked?
I should probably clarify this is for small scale 6v6 ranked/SC

I understand guardian spec with pet cc is better for solo roaming, but that's not really what I'm interested in :)

normanis

Post#6 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:08 pm

player armor debuff stuck with pet armor debuff, i would start fight in ttt stance than go in ttk (to boost pet damage) u just need in buffhead mark pet armor debuff on target.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

knick

Post#7 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:35 pm

normanis wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:08 pm player armor debuff stuck with pet armor debuff, i would start fight in ttt stance than go in ttk (to boost pet damage) u just need in buffhead mark pet armor debuff on target.
as far as i know pet armor debuff and FO dont stack. highest debuff counts so FO will "overwrite" pet debuff.
[Kraehenfeld] Knick WL RR85+

normanis

Post#8 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:38 pm

knick wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:35 pm
normanis wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:08 pm player armor debuff stuck with pet armor debuff, i would start fight in ttt stance than go in ttk (to boost pet damage) u just need in buffhead mark pet armor debuff on target.
as far as i know pet armor debuff and FO dont stack. highest debuff counts so FO will "overwrite" pet debuff.
really than its been changed , thx for info.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
Sever1n

Post#9 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:10 pm

I use pet frenzy cleave limb, force opportunity, lions fury, pack assault, coordinated strike. I play 1-3 so dots weak and ill only use roar on casters to prewent cast. Dot type dmg is good only on squish type targets and work bad on tough stakers. Feels pretty good right now.

anarchypark

Post#10 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:58 pm

your 3s burst seems good. just adding my 2cent.
you might need sustain too. steady costs of healer's resources then burst at right moment.
here's 10sec rotation.
FO-CS-PA, then DoT, Shattering Blow-Blindside-Lion's Fury or Sundering Chop. DoT also cover armor debuff cleanse.
repeat until 50%, need AP support.
and CtW inside FO debuff. saving ER and PF for right moment.
no problem getting side ? it's sometimes tricky.

beside pet killing counter, it's pretty straight forward, 10sec repeat.
maybe your tank not punting well or assist poorly. or enemy tank/heal better. gear of target etc.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)