Recent Topics

Ads

AM survivability

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Arbich
Suspended

Re: AM survivability

Post#11 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:46 am

Yes, solid advice.

I just wouldnt go for m1 absorb. Its not bad, but I don´t think AM is suited for "tanking" enemies. So your usual response to pressure should be run away. What hinders you from run away? Snares. How can you get rid of snares (if cleanse not possible)? with m2 focused mind. So m2 should be your usual defence tool. While the m1 absorb is nice, you give up the m1 instant heal for this. Don´t think the tradeoff is worth it.

In general you should spec/gear quite defensive, but there is little use in being last man standing. So try to find the middle ground your are comfortable with.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Ads
Kaeldrick

Post#12 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:40 am

A good physical DD will ignore 80%+ of your armor. If speced in critical hits like WH/WE should, they have skills that ignore it.

Slotting armor talis on cloth class is quite useless imho, better go tough/wounds (specially on Shaman having DSU).

nat3s

Post#13 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:55 am

Arbich wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:46 am Yes, solid advice.

I just wouldnt go for m1 absorb. Its not bad, but I don´t think AM is suited for "tanking" enemies. So your usual response to pressure should be run away. What hinders you from run away? Snares. How can you get rid of snares (if cleanse not possible)? with m2 focused mind. So m2 should be your usual defence tool. While the m1 absorb is nice, you give up the m1 instant heal for this. Don´t think the tradeoff is worth it.

In general you should spec/gear quite defensive, but there is little use in being last man standing. So try to find the middle ground your are comfortable with.

Yeah agree with that, I never take the M1 absorb outside of solo roaming as dps. You genuinely don't need it if you have nice def stats.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

BluIzLucky

Post#14 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:25 am

Arbich wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:46 am Yes, solid advice.

Focus Mind is great but it does very little for your healing, since the extra cast speed just takes you below GCD with EoV and shaves of 0.3 sec on group heal (assuming you use mechanic).

And you are giving up an instant 10-40k heal in Rampaging Syphon or massive disruptor in Blinding Lights, just to be able to run away from your guard..

Or you can trade a 1800 heal (that outside 6 man, you should never waste morale on) for a 3600-7200 dmg absorb, which will buy you enough time to pot and your team enough time to react.

Being tanky is less about being the last man standing, and more about not being the first to die and eventually being able to freecast because they won't bother chasing you.

Of course it's all situational and I pretty much only go tanky in city and ranked, but ranked as a healer is the only time I would pick Divine Favour + Focus Mind, and even then I would mostly go shield/heal + Blinding Lights.
Soloing is shield + FM, and very rarely want M2.

Anyway.. that's just me :)
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

BluIzLucky

Post#15 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:33 am

Kaeldrick wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:40 am A good physical DD will ignore 80%+ of your armor. If speced in critical hits like WH/WE should, they have skills that ignore it.

Slotting armor talis on cloth class is quite useless imho, better go tough/wounds (specially on Shaman having DSU).
Yeah, this is my thinking too. Unless you are RP, DOK or WP armor doesn't seem remotely worth it, with high toughness you gonna sit at about 40-55% mitigation on avg.
Haven't seen the numbers for armor, would love to see if anyone wants to share :)

Paxsanarion

Post#16 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:15 pm

Just curious what’s the general consensus for ORVR? Toughness or Armor talismans :-) Loving my baby AM So far :-)

Toggle

Post#17 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:40 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:33 am
Kaeldrick wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:40 am A good physical DD will ignore 80%+ of your armor. If speced in critical hits like WH/WE should, they have skills that ignore it.

Yeah, this is my thinking too. Unless you are RP, DOK or WP armor doesn't seem remotely worth it, with high toughness you gonna sit at about 40-55% mitigation on avg.
Haven't seen the numbers for armor, would love to see if anyone wants to share :)
Search The Great Healer debate. There’s a whole thread with the math included. Props to Zomega for doing that.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

BluIzLucky

Post#18 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:37 am

Toggle wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:40 pm
BluIzLucky wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:33 am

Search The Great Healer debate. There’s a whole thread with the math included. Props to Zomega for doing that.
Thanks for sharing, but I'm more after mitigation avg from Enemy's Incoming Damage tab from somebody who's been running +3k armor and done sc, orvr and City.
As that thread concludes, it's just on paper, asides from a couple random screenshots no actual gameplay data was provided to back it up.

For example I've got data to show me switching from 0% ctbc to -30% moved my ctbc from 30-50% down to 0-20%.
And going from 250 toughness to 600 moved mitigation roughly from 15-35% to 35-55%.

So would be interested in seeing the same for somebody stacking armor and reduced pen.

Ads
DirkDaring

Post#19 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:34 pm

Granted this was back on live, and I know a lot has been tweaked etc here from live values, but this should be a good guide on def stats overall.

https://mrmeh.wordpress.com/2010/06/22/ ... -defenses/

and this link from an earlier thread by same poster.

https://mrmeh.wordpress.com/2009/08/13/ ... d-asshats/

havartii

Post#20 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:10 am

I have tried going all tough stats.. and lost all my armor tallies I had slotted lol. It's pretty terrible. Stick to the nerfed armor tallies and FS. Or just roll a class with survivabillity. Shaman is no better, a Knight can now out run it and the extra detaunt is on proc.. And you cant control who it detaunts. I can't believe order has got the sham 5 nerfs and still cries about it. Pathetic !
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change