Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] whats the point of SW?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Wraithedge

[SW] whats the point of SW?

Post#1 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:08 am

SH, Sorcs, Magus all have better ranged presence. Even a chosen can just axe throw you to death before you can kill him. Is SW not a ranged class? I might be playing it wrong. I was pretty sure it was a ranged class but maybe I should be spending more time in melee.

Right now I am in T2 and I am getting mangled in instants trying to stay at range. I also get murdered in melee but surely one of those is supposed to eventually work. Right?

Ads
Hodds

Re: [SW] whats the point of SW?

Post#2 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:05 am

BHA

Wraithedge

Post#3 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:59 am

Hodds wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:05 amBHA
Geshundtite

Hodds

Post#4 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:34 am

Wraithedge wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:59 am
Geshundtite
you're allowed to be a sarcastic jackass, but i cant?

Wraithedge

Post#5 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:32 am

Hodds wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:34 am
Geshundtite
you're allowed to be a sarcastic jackass, but i cant?
Whoa whoa, decaffeinate friend. I have no idea at all what you are saying with "BHA" and I was just being funny. Clearly you didn't think it was that funny. But no need to get hostile. Maybe save it for the server.

I really am wondering what tack to take when the game presents so many superior ranged classes.

I can give about a three second fight and some RR to anyone I come across. So far it looks like the only way to do anything is wait for someone else to do something and then add on and pretend I am haveing an effect.

I have started using assault stance to see if that help me survive a little longer. I have pretty much given up on winning any fight at all. I just spend my three seconds trying to take off some red so the next guy can do something.

Trying to stay at range is ridiculous, marauders can hit me from many meters away repeatedly and hard, chosen bog me down with as much as an axe throw. There is no getting away and it doesn't matter anyway because that Magus or the Sorc or the SH will just serial murder me at range.

So I'm thinking assault is my only shot. Get in there and try to land a big hit before respawn. Feels bad running 5 and 8 deep on death penalties but I feel like there is no other option. There is no winning move just losing moves that maybe help someone else a tiny bit.

Also feels bad watching that lone destro ambling across the field knowing I can do nothing at all to them except give them rr.

Phantasm

Post#6 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:42 am

Maybe play other class? Just came to my mind. I know, crazy idea.

Sinisterror

Post#7 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:42 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgreIiE46Xg

SW is great. Just 3 stacks of BHA (broadhead arrow) armour debuff and eagle eye if you have range and are staying put (scout stance u have 110 so more than enough) and if chosen is killing u with throw axe when u are playing one of the best kiting classes in the game it's learn to play issue not about sw itself.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

phononHYPE

Post#8 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:05 am

Geshundtite
I thought you two worked well together, in that joke. Guess not.

@OP make sure your gear is as current to your level as you can, use talisman, and learn to stance-dance. I ended up changing my SW to some goofy mix of Guerilla Warfare and Eagle Eye, just to have fun. Try to work on what your doing that is not working, stance, distance, time to flee/get out etc. Takes a while, and I hate aSW, as they have better melee than my 2h choppa, even when I out gear them by a bunch. Maybe that's me, maybe thats my ISP, maybe that's Maybelean.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Ads
Battlefield

Post#9 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:34 am

This is the answer right now you in t2 :)
Get 40 lvl better gear etc

Wraithedge

Post#10 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:07 am

Sinisterror wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:42 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgreIiE46Xg

one of the best kiting classes in the game
This statement was something of a source of frustration. I have read it before on these forums and thought "ahh okay I know what kiting is, I can do that".

Well its easier to type that it is to do. Even if I hit a melee with takedown, both Chosen and Marauders can just do the same to me from an unreasonable distance away. So now we are both slowed and their slow breaks first. Me = dead.

The range classes are far superior so Me = dead there too.

I do okay when no one is hitting me, or looking at me, or knows I am there. I have it up to six seconds of combat life now. I think Assault does add a few seconds. If I hit perfect, I can hit pretty hard. Not "beat the healer" hard, but "get targeted when I respawn" hard.

No way I can trade with a Magus or Sorc. I can trade decent with a SH until they just hop away and send their squig to finish me off.

Witchelves are autodeath. I don't really count them in my aspirations. I'm not sure why they are made so strong but wow, they are are playing a different game.

Chosen and Marauders and Choppas and BOs I can annoy until they snare me and then its death.

Shamans and Lumpy Heal Princesses just ignore me. I don't think they even see me. And that's fine by me. I'll take all the help I can get.

So far I can do a little damage by diving in and swording away. The bow is a funny little after-thought. It seems crazy to consider using it.

I'm not looking to win the game, I just want to feel like I am contributing.

Maybe this is just the t2 experience.

Yikes.