Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] whats the point of SW?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Wraithedge

Re: [SW] whats the point of SW?

Post#21 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:01 am

So exploring SW play some more and its just the absolute worst.

at 15 I am one touch to witch elves. The instant they appear I am dead.

Everyone has a snare that works at great range and most have a charge so there is no getting away, no kiting, no fighting. Other dps classes do have to waste the time to make it over to you but then you are insta-dead.

Other ranged classes outclass you by so much that it is the height of foolishness to trade with them. You are dead in two globals.

If you make it to melee a ranged class you might last a few seconds more if they panic. But you aren't winning and you aren't getting away.

Best case scenario is die so much that you are no longer worth RR and then just go out and die some more.

I'm sure some people are going to declare that they can rule both earth and space with the SW with two fingers and no keyboard, but this is my experience in Ekrund and it is awful.

Yuck

Ads
Sever1n

Post#22 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:37 am

Sw at 16-39 feels pretty good in scout spec. After 40 you can be fat wh without dodges/stealth, mass kite dot spamer/morale drainer, or fester/stun bot that have near5k combo burst on midle armor class. Sw can do anyting but profile classes do it better. If u like it play, if not make other class. Curent sw have few problems but viability on t2/t3 not one of them. If u make other class you will see same problems.

facundo7777

Post#23 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:53 am

Sw is top class. Just wait for full setup od skills and gear.

Mentioned chosens and maras woulndt even get close to You when U Play properly.

Wdova

Post#24 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:58 am

From what I have read its clear L2P issue combined with low level and gear.

Get to lvl 40, run beastlord quest, do gunbad, order city dungs + do rvr/sc.
Besides morale 2 nerf which prevent 2 shooting ppl, sw is in best shape he ever was.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Arthem

Post#25 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:40 am

"Even a chosen can just axe throw you to death before you can kill him." love it

Arthem

Post#26 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:57 am

Regardless of whether he has L2p issue SW was nerfed a **** ton. They reduced their range yet didn't supplement them with a charge ability, also don't have a root breaker / aoe detaunt as all other melee do. The excuse used to be that they're a hybrid yet melee dok ended up with both aoe detaunt and root breaker. Squig got charge and pounce. SW's pounce is one of the most trash abilities due to it immobilizing you when you reach your target because the animation has to end.

BHA offers the masses a simple play style that they seem happy with so you can't really argue if they are enjoying it. But the class is supposed to be a skirmisher range / melee hybrid and its lacking tools to do it optimally, they simply need root break / aoe detaunt / charge.

TreefAM

Post#27 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:56 am

Wdova wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:58 am From what I have read its clear L2P issue combined with low level and gear.

Get to lvl 40, run beastlord quest, do gunbad, order city dungs + do rvr/sc.
Besides morale 2 nerf which prevent 2 shooting ppl, sw is in best shape he ever was.
Outside of that week where SW had triple crosscut :D

Vholrat

Post#28 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:44 am

Wraithedge wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:01 am at 15 I am one touch to witch elves. The instant they appear I am dead.
that happens to all clases even level 40.
WH an WE only utility is jump out from shadow>3shot someone>die>repeat. is not your skill issues.
"Even a chosen can just axe throw you to death before you can kill him." love it
well waht you expect that an archer can tank a chosen? you spec full BS which means armor and thoughness are non existant. go assault and you will tank chosen a lot better

Ads
Noslock

Post#29 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:33 pm

Spam BHA and then die.Unless u r assault spec

normanis

Post#30 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:37 pm

scenarios are not biggest part of game , in sc melle train chopp anything.
i can give some tips , pull assault stance into action bar and press it when u need escape, use escape (jump back and root ) properly also stack some wounds and armor green talismans ( u get bolster tham) get profession alchimy and cultivating for example
dont jump before tank ;-)
make key binds like QERT where each letter has for example detount , whirlfind , assist
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"