Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] whats the point of SW?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
overpoweredgit

Re: [SW] whats the point of SW?

Post#81 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:03 pm

Valarion wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:33 pm SW is simply ranged support dps. Do not expect it to be full on burst or heavy dps and you will be fine.
There is no "support dps". SW is classified as Ranged DPS. https://ibb.co/Y28Wx7b

The game is build around 2/2/2 setups. You either tank, dps, heal or go home.

Shadow warrior is a shadow of itself after the last changes. Overnerfed into the ground.

Ads
Valarion

Post#82 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:53 pm

overpoweredgit wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:03 pm
Valarion wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:33 pm SW is simply ranged support dps. Do not expect it to be full on burst or heavy dps and you will be fine.
There is no "support dps". SW is classified as Ranged DPS. https://ibb.co/Y28Wx7b

The game is build around 2/2/2 setups. You either tank, dps, heal or go home.

Shadow warrior is a shadow of itself after the last changes. Overnerfed into the ground.

It really doesnt matter what we agree or disagree to classify a SW as or even what role it fufills.

A SW will always fall short of an equally skilled and geared BW/Sorc at range. There are a variety of reasons for this, but first and foremost its because of survivability and a hybrid class design. Recent nerfs or not its been this way forever and the quicker you accept this the better off you will be.

Trust me, I've been there exactly where you are now and thinking exactly what you are thinking now and left for other classes long ago.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Fenris78

Post#83 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:19 pm

Spec assault+skirm ; wreck many foes in 1v1/6v6 (you will still have trouble downing SnB tanks though), switch to skirm if they kite away and finish them, and/or support your team with AoE Pierce Defense debuff, while enjoying your 65% parry + 4k armor in melee stance.

No, you wont do the aoe damage of an inge or a BW, but you still can pack a punch in melee (up to 7-8k burst) with merciless soldier, and actually be useful for your realm when funneling.

And thanks to the Bullseye tactic, you can go 4 FS with zero renown in crit, while still being up to 40-45% crit pretty much everytime.

LordFale

Post#84 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:07 am

I hope this doesn't count as 'thread necromancy', but your post was so well written (that fine line between humorous and dour) that I wanted to chance at an update - are you still playing SW and are you having a better time of it?

Falconoflight

Post#85 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:07 am

Playing sw is even more wasted time than playing on this server X D

Evilest

Post#86 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:18 am

You roll sw to do asw, which is the better wh.

messerjockel

Post#87 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:46 am

Every time an order players rolls a SW, destro drinks a keg of beer and Sigmar sacrifices a cute kitten.
SW is the best class Destro has (yes, Destro has)

Sometimes, only sometimes I am feeling with the SWs which are realizing after months of playing that their class never performs good and many Destro just see SW as easy renown on two legs. I wasted a lot of time on my SW too. Never happen again.

BR and have fun

Messerjockel.