Recent Topics

Ads

Swordmasters 2H

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Karl

Re: Swordmasters 2H

Post#11 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:02 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:48 am
Karl wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:44 am Nice write up, thx!I'm curious why you don't use BA tho?
Balanced Accuracy is a nice tactic, but if you get to choose, better use GWM since +10% damage = +20% crit on average, and you got the 5% parry on top.

And the main issue is when you want both Whispering Wind and Ether Dance, with the +2 masteries, you have to drop one utility in order to spec both Balanced Accuracy and GWM, and I think it's not an option since you lack ST punt, you absolutely want the KD, and the group absorb + WW is just too huge to go without.

Balanced Accuracy could be nice, but you'll need to invest renown into crit chances, and the loss in defensive is too high to my taste since you cannot rely too much on passive defenses (while Crimsonwind proc is very good in that regard, it wont get you much more than ~30% disrupt/dodge and ~43% parry when up - and maxed def renown -, it's barely enough when you are litterally into the blob).

And the current anticrit meta will not worth the hassle if you cannot go over 20-25% base crit with stuff and renown.

I prefer rely on the initiative stealing to give my realm 5-10% more crit on targets, and get minimal crit chances from stuff.
If I can play my main tank role, wich is also the point here ; a decent tank with decent damage and same durability as a SnB, it's IMO better than a squishy target wich will be instafocused as soon he hit the backline with M1... :mrgreen:
Aha, thx mate - i'm not geard enuff to get the +2 yet, but then i get your point :)

Ads
ivoma11

Re: Swordmasters 2H

Post#12 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:23 am

Thanks so much for the builds guys, this might be kinda a dumb question but i can use these builds for sc and do okay right? im realy lost over what to choose.