Recent Topics

Ads

[SM] role and build for ranked ? HELP :)

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Throlla

[SM] role and build for ranked ? HELP :)

Post#1 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:41 am

Hi!

I only played my SM as snb. Never 2h lol.. but with the recent changes in ranked I would like to try it befor im rr 70 haha. Im guess I have to be 2h for actually dealing damage. but am I supposed to be in an assisttrain while guarding our main dps or stay around healers ? I never played ranked/6 vs 6 before.

also should I be a specific build for this = Build and tactics recommedations would be awsome. Im just trying to take the edge of the toxic comments I get when entering ranked ><

thx in advance!

Ads
BluIzLucky

Re: [SM] role and build for ranked ? HELP :)

Post#2 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:51 pm

Not a top SM by any means, but not getting yelled at so far.
6v6 is all about burst and short kill windows, so whatever team brings that wins.
SMs aren't great at creating kill windows, since RF is bound to SnB reducing your dmg for medium punt, while GW is too short and hard to land one that actually helps kill.

So.. That leaves you with dps, no punt utility and protection, which is the cookie cutter
ED CW build.
Last tactic is probably one of LI, DO, IP, EA.

Be ready to swift assist, guard switch and rotate challenge / bellow.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Strakar

Post#3 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:34 am

Not pro either but winning about 2/3 of ranked pug games so far.

I'd say snb or at least tanky 2h is the way to go. 2h means no ST punt which is suboptimal. My experience has seemed to be if tanks can punt, guard switch and challenge or bellow effectively as the deciding factor. Close second if your dps can put enough pressure on one target to burst down, if they can't then loldps SM probably won't make a difference. The games I'm losing our dps are getting thumped by the opposing team.

DokB

Post#4 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:44 am

You should go balls to the wall DPS as 2h SM in solo ranked. Full crit/Full parry then the rest into FS. You need to make up for the fact that you have no punt and you are relying solely on the other tank (who is hopefully an IB/Kotbs) for punts. Assist off your DPS, hold Wings M1 for when you get punted or if you’re diving enemy healers alongside WL/SW (or use demo strike m1 despite it not synergizing too well with your damage type or be the Champs Challenge bitch) and just do your regular tank job with guard swaps/bellow/challenges/KD etc. I’ve found the RNG factor of players you get as team mates usually requires you to pick up the slack in the DPS department if you want to secure kills otherwise nothing will ever die.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

CytheX

Post#5 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:38 am

DokB wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:44 am You should go balls to the wall DPS as 2h SM in solo ranked. Full crit/Full parry then the rest into FS. You need to make up for the fact that you have no punt and you are relying solely on the other tank (who is hopefully an IB/Kotbs) for punts. Assist off your DPS, hold Wings M1 for when you get punted or if you’re diving enemy healers alongside WL/SW (or use demo strike m1 despite it not synergizing too well with your damage type or be the Champs Challenge bitch) and just do your regular tank job with guard swaps/bellow/challenges/KD etc. I’ve found the RNG factor of players you get as team mates usually requires you to pick up the slack in the DPS department if you want to secure kills otherwise nothing will ever die.
This, but Futile 3 parry 4 rest crit. Dont forget to swap 1 of ur dots for calming winds if u find against good sorc/magus/shaman against u or u gonna melt.