Recent Topics

Ads

SM Solo Roam

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
MarauderSolo

SM Solo Roam

Post#1 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:05 am

Hi All,

Let me preface by saying I realize there are significantly better solo roaming classes (I play an 8X WH). I'm done with the gear grind currently on the WH with BiS for the solo gank/die auto attack build. I really enjoy the look and "Feel" of the SM and realize it's going to be a significant uphill battle to find fights. I play later PST NA hours, so generally it's less zergy and a little more conducive to finding those rare 1 v 1/2/3 type fights.

My question, with all that, is a geared SM capable of actually killing anything solo? I assume you'll kill most other melee, maybe magus/sorc? Assuming healers are an auto lose/stalemate? Most of my time on RoR has been as a solo player so while I'd like to think I understand the meta around the stealth classes pretty well, I really have no concept of what other Order geared solo classes can do.

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

Ads
yoluigi

Re: SM Solo Roam

Post#2 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:17 am

SM is very good at 1v1 and i would just say go try it man! Trust me if you go duo with an Archmage it is very strong and if you solo get those 4k over time heal pots they are very strong for tanks. I solo often and get killed all the time anyway what is the worse that can happen you just respawn at the start. You just gota pick your build you want against a certain class and if you go into empty zone might as well make a good build against WE or Squigs etc.

zulnam

Post#3 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:17 am

I would avoid fights with healers, since SM doesn't really have any heal debuff (nice build time debuff tho). Also I personally would play a bit more defensively until I have gear and am comfortable with the rotation, so Phantom's Blade or Heaven's Blade.

Other than that you should be solid. The spirit damage means you'll do nicely against most armored classes.

Get in the habit of using Sudden Shift, as well. It helps a lot with rotations and does not trigger a GCD from what I remember.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

BluIzLucky

Post#4 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:32 pm

SM solo roaming is pretty good, couple of options once you have the gear for it.
Bubble/hp Regen, high avoidance, glass cannon, some mix of above , the tactics gives you some flexibility in the zone if you can be bothered to switch for each fight.
You'll probably also have to learn all the skills of your enemies and what to interrupt (SH self heal,etc.) Since SM TTK is too long.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Shakur

Post#5 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:29 pm

A build to suggest for sm solo please?

Sinisterror

Post#6 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:42 pm

Shakur wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:29 pm A build to suggest for sm solo please?
RoR.builders - Sword Master

This works very nice for solo roaming. Btw SM morale 3 bladeshield is probably my favourite morale in the game. I miss Aethryric Armour, double spirit debuff or Phantom's blade being absorb<3
Last edited by Sinisterror on Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Shakur

Post#7 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:13 pm

Thx for the build! :)

Aethilmar

Post#8 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:02 pm

I run solo a lot of the time and run a variation on this https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,2888,2890 a lot in a Sov/Invader armor combo.

Generally speaking it works out as follows:
Chosen - usually win
Marauder - usually win but highly geared can be troublesome
Magus - kick my butt more often than I want to admit
Zealot - move on
Sorc - If in melee freenown. If they are at range, maneuver under cover or they can eat you even through WoDS
WE - problematic. 50/50 fight if you do everything right. Worse if you don't.
DoK - Healer version move on. DPS version can beat but hard.
BG - usually win
Shaman - move on
SH - usually not a problem if you can catch.
Choppa - usually a win but some setups can be problematic at higher gear levels
BO - usually a win

Personally I think SM works best as a duo. Cross-guarded 2h SMs are very scary for example.

Ads
martholomew

Post#9 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:00 pm

Aethilmar wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:02 pm I run solo a lot of the time and run a variation on this https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,2888,2890 a lot in a Sov/Invader armor combo.

Generally speaking it works out as follows:
Chosen - usually win
Marauder - usually win but highly geared can be troublesome
Magus - kick my butt more often than I want to admit
Zealot - move on
Sorc - If in melee freenown. If they are at range, maneuver under cover or they can eat you even through WoDS
WE - problematic. 50/50 fight if you do everything right. Worse if you don't.
DoK - Healer version move on. DPS version can beat but hard.
BG - usually win
Shaman - move on
SH - usually not a problem if you can catch.
Choppa - usually a win but some setups can be problematic at higher gear levels
BO - usually a win

Personally I think SM works best as a duo. Cross-guarded 2h SMs are very scary for example.
Oh man, I wish you would do that chart/list for every class combination out there. THat's awesome.
Magus 40/78

Karl

Post#10 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:28 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:42 pm
Shakur wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:29 pm A build to suggest for sm solo please?
RoR.builders - Sword Master

This works very nice for solo roaming. Btw SM morale 3 bladeshield is probably my favourite morale in the game. I miss Aethryric Armour, double spirit debuff or Phantom's blade being absorb<3
Intresting build! How do you spec your rp? zero to be crit and def?

K