Recent Topics

Ads

[WL] Can i use loner endgame?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Lordii

[WL] Can i use loner endgame?

Post#1 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:02 am

Hi I am currently 35/38 on my WL using the loner AOE build and finding it rather fun to play is it possible to use this setup in endgame rvr ? I usually run with atleast a 6 man if not in pug WB and some organised WB not doing much solo roaming at all. I realise I lose 2 cc's both of which seems to be unreliable at best from everything I have seen and read lately. I want to be able to kill stuff and assist my team but I do not want to play slayer as my small guild has 4 already and no one plays WL . Currently I main engi but really enjoy smashing peoples faces not throwing nades or shooting them. Is there any use for this etup or so i NEED the lion ? I realise I cannot use the aoe spec if running the lion as I have not enough points to take the needed skills is there anything else I can do or am I stuck?

Ads
phononHYPE

Re: [WL] Can i use loner endgame?

Post#2 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:18 am

Sounds like you've already figured it all out, but to expand:

I've found the higher I go as WL the less I use my lion, so yes, totally. IMO the lion is good for soloing as you'll use the Guardian tree to boost your lion and provide control via Throat Bite (silence) and Brutal Pounce (KD) + Leonine Frenzy as a great pet damage boost. Can do all that too at higher rr, but for low-mid renown it helps a ton. Those bonuses aren't really used in things larger than 6man I'd think, as you lion also becomes squishy in large engagements. Lastly, you'll pretty much always change to a Loner tactic option in forts and in city, as the pet WILL melt before you're across their front line, even with Pounce.

You're doing fine, keep on Loner'ing.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Lordii

Post#3 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:55 am

Thanks for the reply I was not sure if my research and experience was enough to go on and still a little unsure what role I actually play but even at this low level I am killing in RVR just a bit squishy still in low level gear.

Vladthedad

Post#4 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:47 am

Spot on for aoe build and definitely in city and fort. As for survival, you'll always be a bit squishy (although that will improve with gears, stat maxing and gems etc). The key thing to learn as an AOE WL (and any dps tbh) is positioning and knowing when to charge in and out. Don't run into the middle of the enemy blob, always circle the outside and spin away.

Also don't get too excited with infinite pounce as it can easily take you away from healers range, so have awareness of where the rest of your team is.
Barbaphus - Chosen - TUP
Elhelion - White Lion - The Unlikely Plan