Recent Topics

Ads

[SM] Whispering Wind problems

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
ashton007

Re: [SM] Whispering Wind problems

Post#51 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:17 pm

Likeaboss wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:51 pm Pretty easy, just make it a AoE Ability with low or even no damage, doesnt matter...
remove silence on it and let it activate without target like BO
+1
It literally makes more sense for order to have waaagh because of all the rdps alone. on hit would be better for destro melee trains.

Ads
Gargis

Post#52 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:39 pm

Destro having access to both Waaah and Chop faster, as opposed to Order only having WW means they have the capacity not only for some better offensive, but better Sever blessing and Sever enchantment capability.

That is a double whammy against Order, considering that Destro was given Regenerative shielding. Essentially, they can have better up time on that HOT, because they can sever it over and over, up to a point. It has gotten so bad , that is most cities I can't keep a hot on a slayer and had to revert to Rune of Mending. There goes the desired reduced armor penetration proc.

So yea, good Destro , keep those hots off much better than order. So much for Order inherent better healing. That is a myth.

Kornaker

Post#53 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:19 pm

ashton007 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:17 pm
Likeaboss wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:51 pm Pretty easy, just make it a AoE Ability with low or even no damage, doesnt matter...
+1
It literally makes more sense for order to have waaagh because of all the rdps alone. on hit would be better for destro melee trains.
I'll change it everyday for not having fully Slayer IB Parry buffed warband to face so he allways Parry my Sever enchant or Rampage is the Last one i sever and i sever it when all our tank are dead. Destro doesn't have melee advantage, and they technically have less armor distant.
But Damage reduction and everything that could counter a little Slayer train is on KOTBS and IB.
We could talk about this a Long Time.

Whispering wind isn't as necessary as Waaagh and choppa for a melee squig comp. Maybe you Can all Switch to have à other 3sec immun and better aoe damage debuff.
Healer don't need whispering wind. The only class i see on order that want it is Dragon gun WH.

Gurf

Post#54 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:21 am

Kornaker wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:19 pm
+1
I'll change it everyday for not having fully Slayer IB Parry buffed warband to face so he allways Parry my Sever enchant or Rampage is the Last one i sever and i sever it when all our tank are dead. Destro doesn't have melee advantage, and they technically have less armor distant.
But Damage reduction and everything that could counter a little Slayer train is on KOTBS and IB.

Whispering wind isn't as necessary as Waaagh and choppa for a melee squig comp. Maybe you Can all Switch to have à other 3sec immun and better aoe damage debuff.
Healer don't need whispering wind. The only class i see on order that want it is Dragon gun WH.

Shadow Warrior needs WW to compete at City level in Skirmish spec in the exact same way MSH does, except MSH gets it much more easy. Because of the unreliability of WW it is almost impossible for SW to compete in City in new group or pug without experienced people, while any MSH can rock up to any WB and reliably get the cooldown it needs even in Pug.

Charon

Post#55 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:13 am

+1

Ehh this kind of comment always triggers me... Mate your knowledge about this game seems to be near potato level.... For competent destro wb...order tanks are almost striped from evades ..so your magical oathbounded sl is a myth (outhbound parry bonuss is mostly negated)...btw i should learn you how to avoid parry on target ??

[/quote]

Pls stop serving here TUP propaganda ( YES i SAID THIS) - Cd decreasers are especially for healer and this buff moves dok/shame (wp/am) to totally different level. Lets say this way.... order cannot reliably stack any dot dmg or utility debuffs (including sl ID and especially broadhead arrows) because destro healers dont need even heal their dmg just press 1 button to cleanse it - one after another (skirmish sw is almost useless for competent game play if he dont have 2xsm to support...do you see difference vs msh here in their aoe specs)
And assuming that bo-choppa combo can provide rotation which might give you almost constant ww effect - (more or less initial 40 sek and then 10 sek window..repeat....x2bo is 100% uptime but you need to sacrifice 1 tank slot which might better used if you slot other one).....i see here huge advantage

At order you cannot use this mechanic so easily (even 2xsm stack prepared to do it role - so at coms and trained - still have problems to deliver ww - bc you cannot hit any thing in proper time window or you are parried/blocked and 2xsm combo is much weaker than 2xbo...and pls how much snb sm-s which experience you can find in this game)

My main is 86 rr sm and i just finished farming full Triumphant in rankeds ..so you can assume i have experience in this game and basic idea about my class.... I did not involve in commenting this thread much because i think sm ww is fine how it is ..Its one of most POWERFUL buff in this game which should require skill, coordination and drawback .... the problem is that at destro you dont have any of those................
Last edited by Charon on Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

Bozzax

Post#56 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:51 am

SM don’t need a buff /end thread
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

CytheX

Post#57 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:38 am

It won't buff sm, it will fix a problem ;)

Bozzax

Post#58 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:43 am

What problem ;)
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
teiloh

Post#59 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:01 pm

Bozzax wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:51 am SM don’t need a buff /end thread
Removing WAAAAGH! and setting Chop Fasta back to 20/60 is always an option. There's a reason why Chop Fasta, an x9 with no target requirement and half the GCD cost had a lower uptime than WW.

Bozzax

Post#60 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:08 pm

What is the reason please explain to me ;)