Recent Topics

Ads

[AM] What is the role/playstyle of an AM?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
yhani

Re: [AM] What is the role/playstyle of an AM?

Post#21 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:13 pm

I dont always do dmg, but when i do its mistress of the marsh and flames of the phoenix-combo
no disrupts, no mitigation, unexpected, blob takes huge dmg....great in key moments
I keep +6 morale weapon and +2 morale jews so i can pop it quite fast and its easy to built morale with healer

I put magical infusion on tank, then throw hots and cleanse around...group heal and BoH when its needed...thats it about healing

so I dont run with funnel essence, dissipating energies or energy of vaul...I see DE and EoV as sideboard (term from magic the gathering) abilities =
great potential but sometimes not that needed.

i am quite experienced ror-players (tho my am is only rr60) and it helps because you have to react fast when you play with am and you have to read that battlefield
I try to react with mistress of the marsh and heals...and strike back with phoenix when its time....had tons of fun so far

RoR.builders - Archmage
Vadhal - kotbs rr80+

Ads
Sponn
Suspended

Post#22 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:07 pm

AM is an inefficient healer, that is why everyone would rather have a RP or WP.

You die quicker, you don't have a crutch tactic like "Run Away" to lean on like the Shaman.

Nobody wants you. It is true. You can heal just fine, just you'll die if someone farts on you.

Better to have RP or WP 100% of the time, unless you want to do smallscale roaming. Even then Destro does that better.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#23 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:48 am

I don´t really get your point with the "focus whole warband thats why overall healing suffers". maybe missunderstanding.

Nowadays I play heal AM almost only in cities. The usual EoV/FE build.
As I mostly play SCs where rezzes are quite useless (except for healers), its hard to let this mindset behind when going in city (where rezzes are much more important), so I am usually quite slow with the rezzes and most of the rezzes in cities are done by the other healers. I play without the insta-rezz except when the wb-leader explicitly asked for it. The tactic has its worth when rezzing another healer (the selfstun is a ok tradeof for this). I try to constantly move around (only stop for a cast heal), because you shouldnt make it the enemy too easy to get you. If needed, I heal outside of group, but every healer should do this and RP has the same tools to heal outside of group as AM. But as I prefer not to click on ui to select healtargets, I have defensive targets inside my group most of the time (as there is no way to assign hotkeys to other scenario group members as far as I know).
Mistress of March is one of the unique and really strong tools a AM can bring to every group/warband, so I try to use it on cooldown if I see a good opportunity and don´t keep it in reserve for an emergency.

As AM we can really profit from a SM with WW. A SM that uses WW at the start of the engagement and then reliably every 20sec is a godsend. But sometimes you get SMs that use WW only occasionally and unreliable. As you have to be within 100ft of the SM when he uses it, such SMs make the AM play much harder (you should be constanly mobile, being restricted to an area 100ft around a SM is a great disadvantage) and are the root of great annoyance on my side :D

I recently was in city with my undergeared zealot (the lockout timer trapped me on destro side) and it was significantly easier in comparison to AM. No need to take care of LoS to offensive targets (like AM has to for EoV), good healing while on the move and access to the overbuffed heal rune (or ritual?!). I also played with rampaging siphon as I didn´t have the +ap on equip to get the full value of focused mind anyway. I almost never slot rampaging siphon on AM (pleadings of wb-leaders regarding this are usually ignored :D ). As AM you have EoV to counter morale dumps and if you don´t go for focused mind, blinding light is probably the better option, if the warband revolve its strategy around it.

The role of the AM is to bring back the warband from near death experience (so morale dumps...) with EoV in combination with desperation and offer CC with mistress of march. The AM performs ok in this and I think this also should be the role of an AM.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

BluIzLucky

Post#24 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:58 am

yhani wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:13 pm I dont always do dmg, but when i do its mistress of the marsh and flames of the phoenix-combo
no disrupts, no mitigation, unexpected, blob takes huge dmg....great in key moments
haha yeah one of my favorite builds! I like to spec for more dps in gear and spells rather than morale / sec, picking up Bolstering Boon and SoC instead of MoM
RoR.builders - Archmage

Why skip MoM: When in fort someone else will put MoM on the door anyway and in oRvR I found MoM not that great (when following the zerg)
BB vs morale gear: +Morale/sec gear will give up to 20 m/s, which is nice.. but it sacrifices more important stats. BB will give 100 m/s or 208 m/s with force.
Last tactic spot for DO, RBW, Radiant Blast or Dispel Magic

Soc->DI->Flames of Phoenix, very decent AoE :D
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Wuu

Post#25 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:11 pm

As a healer, I try to keep hots up on everyone in and out of my party. I like to play as a pocket healer for another healer, like a security blanket. When someone gets focused I use Funnel Essence. When my party is taking damage I try to AoE heal and EoV. I drop puddles and rain like crazy to slow down the Destro melee train that is always around. Unlike most AMs, I do use the insta rez in SCs and WBs.

As a DPS, I'm the ultimate solo roamer/zerg surfer. Dots and hots for everyone! I still spec puddle, heal/rez any tanks and healers around me and focus fire any Destro squishies I see. I especially focus on sorcs, shamans and doks. I don't use KE, I need that extra bit of healing for my playstyle.

Haskr

Post#26 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:18 pm

I play DPs am at the moment, its a quick and fun style to play for a few scs or a bit of rvr killing. also I like the laser anymation a lot (much more than the green waaagh thing from shamans)
If I play healing I like to take the left tree to funnel essence, the healing build with the damage skill in the right tree is not my type of playstyle i have to admit.