Recent Topics

Ads

[rSW] Scout bug unplayable

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Farrul

[rSW] Scout bug unplayable

Post#1 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:12 pm

Hello guys,

Got my SW to lvl 33 but the bug with No quarters tactic makes it unplayable. It deactivates when joining/exiting scenarios, when joining/exiting rvr lakes. More enervating in the middle of the battle(happens frequently enough to be super annoying). I've tried to change stances etc but nothing really helps other than leaving combat and reset the tactic, after being forced to do this over +10 times in a 2hrs session i've decided to stop playing the character.

Apparently(after some brief forum search) this bug has been known for at least a year? Will it ever get a fix?

Ads
Rapzel

Re: [rSW] Scout bug unplayable

Post#2 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:25 am

Equip re-equip usually works, or a relog after leveling.

Farrul

Post#3 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:44 pm

Seems to work(ty for the tip), issue is you can't re-equip in battle so it's not a solution unfortunately.

My character at least is having an allergic reaction to this tactic, logged in for some further testing and as expected it deactivates when entering the rvr lake, apply re-equip only for it to deactivate again upon first contact with the enemy, lol... yeah i give up.

Edit: I think i can add mount(or dismount) to the list of potential triggers, T.T

MissionarySPE

Post#4 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:19 pm

Having the same issues on my r30 SW, getting really annoying having to swap tactic sets between engagements to get it working again. I’m thinking it’s some weird interaction with bolster. Does anyone know if this fixes itself at r40?
<Dirty xRealmers>
Colorful KotBS, Unofficial SW

Instuh

Post#5 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:04 am

Its still working just so you know. The cast will still go off with the 1 second delay, you just have to cancel the cast bar by using another eagle eye/festering arrow. It's extremely annoying yes, but. It doesn't stop working completely.

edit: Also, it's bolster. Bolster is what messes it up, so every time you bolster swap your tactic quickslots real fast to fix it. I was trying to find a way to keybind my tactic sets, so i could swap between them real fast... so if anyone knows how to do that, i'd be very grateful.

agemennon675

Post#6 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:26 am

Just endure it by re-equpping all your tactics on every zone change or when you join a scenario until lvl 40, after that you wont see this bug, probably only bug after lvl 40 is Assault stance dropping randomly which can only be avoided by not playing Assault
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Xergon

Post#7 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:01 am

Instuh wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:04 am Its still working just so you know. The cast will still go off with the 1 second delay, you just have to cancel the cast bar by using another eagle eye/festering arrow. It's extremely annoying yes, but. It doesn't stop working completely.

edit: Also, it's bolster. Bolster is what messes it up, so every time you bolster swap your tactic quickslots real fast to fix it. I was trying to find a way to keybind my tactic sets, so i could swap between them real fast... so if anyone knows how to do that, i'd be very grateful.
yup, its only visual bug on ur interface, look on the dmg/animation, it procs properly, or castbar ends before finishing even if it shows longer cast time than it shoulds.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Farrul

Post#8 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:04 pm

Instuh wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:04 am Its still working just so you know. The cast will still go off with the 1 second delay, you just have to cancel the cast bar by using another eagle eye/festering arrow. It's extremely annoying yes, but. It doesn't stop working completely.

Thanks tested and fixed it for the current target but remains bugged whenever a new target is selected( some dps being lost by cancel timer ). Highly inconvinient.

Additionaly to bolster i'm 90% certain mount/dismount(not sure which one or maybe both) will trigger the bug, although not all the time. Noticed this after a long battle in Praag on foot it never triggered, repeated the test several times and the result is consistent. However once mount is involved(moving to another spot in the same rvr lake without leaving the rvr lake) it will bug again from time to time. This was the real killer as it isn't predictable and can screw performance in battle.
Xergon wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:01 am

yup, its only visual bug on ur interface, look on the dmg/animation, it procs properly, or castbar ends before finishing even if it shows longer cast time than it shoulds.
Nop the animation is bugged(2 seconds EE, 3 seconds FA) as long as you don't reset the tactic out of combat/semi fix it as described above. Just a visual bug wouldn't be an issue, this however lowers dps/ performance.
agemennon675 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:26 am Just endure it by re-equpping all your tactics on every zone change or when you join a scenario until lvl 40, after that you wont see this bug, probably only bug after lvl 40 is Assault stance dropping randomly which can only be avoided by not playing Assault
Glad to hear it, need to try once i get there.

Ads